Forums » Elder Scrolls

Romlyn Dreth: The Unluckiest Guy of All Time

• 743 posts
    December 6, 2016 1:51 PM EST

Got this idea from an old thread I recently found again. In summary, this thread is going to be based on budda121's aforementioned topic. I will present a story, and it will have multiple choices (I shamelessly stole the"Cry" option) as to how to progress the story. After 24 hours of passed of voting, I will choose the most popular option, and it will keep going until our famed protagonist has found a fitting end. This story will revolve around the descendant of our savior, the legend's offspring himself, Romlyn Dreth. Grab some popcorn and watch the hero that is Romlyn Dreth wreck some scrubs. 

*Disclaimer: This is not a roleplaying game, simply a comedic choice based forum thread*

You are Romlyn Dreth, a 21-year-old Dark Elf living in Skyrim. You've always desired to be like your great great great great great +10 grandfather, Valen Dreth. He was a legend that everyone in the Third Era respected. He single handily killed 69 Imperial guards until they overran him and jailed him up. Then a wussy Dark Brotherhood assassin stabbed him in his sleep.

You, Romlyn Dreth, hate assassins, specifically the Dark Brotherhood. But that doesn't matter right now. As you walk around the Riften Docks, you decide to check into the Bee and Barb. You order the regular; a musky old bottle of Black-Briar mead. While savoring the horrible piss. Romlyn reflects on his goal. He is tired of being a coward.

He is the offspring of Valen Dreth! The Dreth family has lost its respect, and you're tired of getting pushed over all the time! It's time you go get some revenge on those assassin pansies. You get out of your chair and rush to leave Riften, and while walking towards the end of the tavern, you bump shoulders with a ripped, slimy, hideous lizard. Of course, you decide to......

A)Slam him up against the wall and show him who's boss

B)"Oy you want some ya twat"

C)Cry

D)Offer him a drink

This post was edited by Rogue at December 6, 2016 2:17 PM EST
    • 649 posts
    December 6, 2016 2:20 PM EST

Don´t forget the other Dreth. :D

• 743 posts
    December 6, 2016 2:22 PM EST

Karver the Lorc said:

Don´t forget the other Dreth. :D

Bookmarked, he's definitely gonna be making an appearance later on :)

This post was edited by Rogue at December 6, 2016 2:22 PM EST
    • 295 posts
    December 6, 2016 2:38 PM EST

C), Cry he feel sorry for himself. :D

• 743 posts
    December 6, 2016 2:41 PM EST

Lissette Long-Chapper said:

C), Cry he feel sorry for himself. :D

Heh, interesting choice. 

• 261 posts
    December 6, 2016 2:43 PM EST
    D. Befriend him, gain him as a follower. Then you will be one step closer to world domination.
    • 743 posts
    December 6, 2016 2:44 PM EST

Tenebrous said: D. Befriend him, gain him as a follower. Then you will be one step closer to world domination.

You sir are a true Dreth.

• 261 posts
    December 6, 2016 2:50 PM EST
    #DrethForEmperor

Gotta say though, love this idea. I might just do something myself along these lines, when you've finished. It will involve the Wabbajack, and be *glorious*.
    • 743 posts
    December 6, 2016 2:52 PM EST

Tenebrous said: #DrethForEmperor Gotta say though, love this idea. I might just do something myself along these lines, when you've finished. It will involve the Wabbajack, and be *glorious*.

Appreciate it, Tenebrous! 

• 104 posts
    December 7, 2016 4:21 AM EST

Walk out the door with a new wet loincloth, no no offer to buy him a drink, this guy needs a friend to further his ambitions.

• 743 posts
    December 7, 2016 10:06 AM EST

Bonelord said:

Walk out the door with a new wet loincloth, no no offer to buy him a drink, this guy needs a friend to further his ambitions.

So option D; got it. 

• 104 posts
    December 7, 2016 12:46 PM EST

RogueSilver said:

Bonelord said:

So option D; got it. 

Great on with the story then 

• 743 posts
    December 7, 2016 3:37 PM EST

Wanting to make a friend, you decide to give him a drink. As the legendary Romlyn Dreth, you decide to not spend too much on a slimy lizard, so you order a nice Black Briar Mead. You and the Argonian sit down together and talk like good friends. As the Argonian sips on his mead, his face turns into a pale color. Romlyn can now see clearly that he is pretty pissed. You decide to get up while the lizard is focused on the alcohol, when out of nowhere, you hear a tepid "Where ya think you're going, mate". As a member of the Dreth family, Romlyn is tired of playing nice, and replies with a stern "Fuck off lizard". The Argonian approaches you, and you swing before he does anything. The Argonian is clearly shocked staggering about and knocks you out with a cold haymaker to the head. Romlyn wakes up into an old dusky ally, tied up and to a statue of some divine. You get your bearings and see that you're still in Riften. As you look around, you see 8 burly Argonians talking. They haven't noticed Romlyn yet, so he decides to.....

A)Scream to the Sovangarde

B)Call out the Argonians and challenge them to a fight

C)Cry

D)Try to weasel out of your bounds

• 261 posts
    December 7, 2016 4:30 PM EST

B. Nobody dishonors the Dreth name in such a fashion! Who knows, maybe you'll beat them.

• 104 posts
    December 8, 2016 3:32 AM EST

Really has to be D again, a single Lizard kicked his ass so he has little chance of beating them all, crying wont help, mabey Azura in Sovenguard will hear his plea for help, he must escape his bonds and escape.

• 743 posts
    December 8, 2016 10:26 AM EST

Tenebrous said:

B. Nobody dishonors the Dreth name in such a fashion! Who knows, maybe you'll beat them.

I like the way you think

• 743 posts
    December 8, 2016 10:28 AM EST

Bonelord said:

Really has to be D again, a single Lizard kicked his ass so he has little chance of beating them all, crying wont help, mabey Azura in Sovenguard will hear his plea for help, he must escape his bonds and escape.

Bonelord, you're too logical for the Dreth family :p

• 295 posts
    December 8, 2016 10:59 AM EST

C. Cry. Eventually Cry will be the logical choice. LOL

• 743 posts
    December 8, 2016 11:03 AM EST

Lissette Long-Chapper said:

C. Cry. Eventually Cry will be the logical choice. LOL

It's never a bad idea to let out your emotions :p

• 321 posts
    December 8, 2016 11:10 AM EST

A) No one messes with the Dreth family!

• 743 posts
    December 8, 2016 11:25 AM EST

KaiserSoSage said:

A) No one messes with the Dreth family!

Screaming ftw

• 585 posts
    December 8, 2016 4:28 PM EST

I love these game things, they're a guilty pleasure of mine (loving the backstory and the British slang by the way!).

I'm with Liss with C), crying is always the answer :P

• 743 posts
    December 8, 2016 6:56 PM EST

Sorry for the late post, but no vote won up until Zonnonn's post. Anyways, here goes.

Here you are being totally and utterly humiliated. Valen Dreth would laugh at your face if he were alive? Romlyn breaks down in tears, sobbing horrendously loud. You suddenly see the Argonians running towards you, no doubt trying to silence you. The Argonian that you fought in the tavern dashed to you with a dagger in hand. He grabs your skull and rams the blade straight into the statue. You, the legend Romlyn Dreth, dodged the blow, and when you notice this, you lunge and sink your teeth into his arm, ripping a scale out. In between the Argonian screaming and your sobbing that never stopeed, guards rushed in to see what in Oblivion was happening. The guards quickly arrested them, and untied you from the statue. 

They inform you that those lizards were infamous muggers in Riften! They were wanted for months, and always managed to escape the guards. The one in the tavern was the leader, and had a bounty of 10,000 septims on his head. They gave you, the legend Romlyn Dreth, the reward plus the status of the Thane of Riften. The Dreth family is slowly coming back! But, your family are not friends of the law, no, you desire to be like your ancestor Valen Dreth! Not wanting to get rid of your Thane status in Riften, (because it sounds cool) you consider going on a crime spree in Whiterun. But Romlyn also remembers what those wussy Dark Brotherhood assassins deserve. You decide to go ahead and purchase some mage robes, a tomb of sparks, and a handkerchief, just in case you have an emotional breakdwon in the future. With your new gear, and the Dreth surname, you decide to....

A)Show those wussy assassins who's boss

B)Start a crime spree in whiterun

C)Cry

D)Go taunt the Argonian you bit at the prisons

• 743 posts
    December 8, 2016 6:58 PM EST

Zonnonn said:

I love these game things, they're a guilty pleasure of mine (loving the backstory and the British slang by the way!).

I'm with Liss with C), crying is always the answer :P

Thanks, Zonn! I was hoping I did well on the British slang. It's far too satisfying coming from an American. Does it sound legit?

• 261 posts
    December 8, 2016 7:32 PM EST
    Tough choice between A and D. I vote D. Nobody messes with the Dreth and gets away without abject humiliation! Plenty of time to kill assassins later.