Forums » The Lounge

Why does no one use the "like" system?

• 87 posts
    November 12, 2016 7:22 PM EST
    I've recently noticed that not many people use the "like" button. It's most noticeable when one clicks on the "popular content" tab and all of the content has only one "like". Seems to me that because not many people use the like system a lot of good content isn't being showcased. Thoughts?
    This post was edited by Decumus Scotti at November 12, 2016 9:56 PM EST
    • 558 posts
    November 12, 2016 10:08 PM EST

I always forget because it is not where it was on Ning and when we first moved here we had no like system.

• 367 posts
    November 13, 2016 12:19 AM EST

Well partly because certain things aren't counted in it. Take for instance Blogs. Some of the latest blogs have anything up to seven likes. Older ones have more. 

One of the things we need to consider when we think about the popular content is what actual content it reffers to. 

This post was edited by Sotek at November 13, 2016 12:34 AM EST
    • 104 posts
    November 13, 2016 6:18 AM EST

I like that question

• 585 posts
    November 13, 2016 9:27 AM EST

I at the very least always forget to like stuff, but I did back on the Blog as well so that's not really saying much. But honestly I kind of like it more, as people are more likely to comment advice or praise, which is nicer than a like in my opinion. Makes stuff harder to rank sure, but I still like it.

• 140 posts
    November 13, 2016 9:55 AM EST

I normally used to type out a reply, Like whatever it was I was replying to, then post the reply. But now, with the Like button at the top of the page and having to go onto a seprate page to post replies, I normally just forget.