Forums » Elder Scrolls

What Elder Scrolls race is your favorite?

• 1217 posts
    November 19, 2016 5:15 PM EST

Argonians first, Redguard second, though they do sometimes swap.

• 248 posts
    November 19, 2016 5:20 PM EST

Master Miraak said:

Snow Elves. Hey, Gelebor proves that snow elves are still a race, and technically they are ACTUALLY IMMORTAL considering Gelebor was thousands of years old, so Altmer get beat on that. And, they have magic similar to the Ayleid dawn magic, except it's sun magic. Same difference, dawn leads to sun, so no harm no foul. That is why snow elves are my favorite race.

As I was playtesting my event build and making my way through Gelebor and the wayshrines...I thought, you know I hope that somehow we'll see more snow elves in future games. Seems like a great opportunity to flesh them out...

As for me, I don't have a real strong preference. A lot of racial chocie comes down to the type of play through I want to have. I think Bretons make the best all around character given their built-in magical resistance and know-how, along side a ridiculously useful racial power. But if I just want to smash skulls, load up a two-handed or dual-wielding orc and berserk away. 

I do agree with a few others about the Dunmer having a bit more/better RP/Lore potential...

• 2 posts
    November 19, 2016 5:27 PM EST

The lore behind the Dunmer, specifically everything surrounding the Sixth House, has always fascinated me. They are my favorites, I think.

The Nords have received interesting stories in Skyrim, obviously, but I still wouldn't rate them that highly... in fact, I would say that the Altmer, again more specifically the Psijic Order and the histories of Mysticism, have impressed me most out of their lore.

The Ayleids are some kind of awesome too, by the way, as are the Sload. I guess I'm a bit of an Elven supremacist... and frog-people.

• 36 posts
    November 20, 2016 6:42 AM EST

Khajiit: I like their lore and I am a cat person. I quite like their affinity with the lunar lattice and because they face racist commments along with the stereotype that all khajiit are thieves and drug dealers, I respect them regardless of occupation.

Orcs: I like their religous conflict in ESO Orsinium. I respect their religous views but I like the trinimac guy. Strength, Honor and Unity.

Imperial: I like their diverse ideologies and their cultural division which is very handy for roleplaying and gameplay.

• 28 posts
    November 20, 2016 4:46 PM EST

Breton: I'm surprised to see no love for Bretons here. I love them because of their interest in politics and history, as well as the general feeling of being a really well done human race. They're good for most character archetypes (I always end up playing mage in really any playthrough though, and I really always choose Breton), and are just well rounded in general. They give off the feeling of being an average human more than any other race I feel, and that makes me love them.

Altmer: Altmer are great because of their *natural* superiority and arcane nature. Also, some of the most influential and really meaningful people in TES lore (to me and my characters anyway) were Altmer, namingly Mannimarco and Mankar Camoran.

Argonian: Who doesn't love playing as a bipedal lizard? Just their snake/alligator/dragon look makes me love them. I also find great interest in their lore, especially with their particular veneration of the Hist and Sithis, along with their social customs revolving around change.

Everyone else.

Orcs: Sorry Karver, but I just hate Orcs. Hate. I can't stand them, and I don't particularly know why. A big part of it though is Malacath, who insists that he's a Daedric Prince when he's not; just the carrion and husk of Trinimac, and I don't like Aedra, especially Aedra that pretend to be Daedric Princes. Exceptions can be made however, if the Orc in question is exceptionally intelligent and is somehow able to surpass the pigishness that comes with the Orsimer race.

• 70 posts
    November 20, 2016 5:36 PM EST

I'll go with Argonians. I just Love their lore and how different and unique they are. Hiiiiisssss

• 224 posts
    November 20, 2016 9:24 PM EST

So after working on my build and doing a lot of research I have finally decided on a race I enjoy, and that race is...Argonian, because I can make them look like Dragonborn from D&D

This post was edited by David at November 20, 2016 9:25 PM EST
    • 40 posts
    November 20, 2016 11:03 PM EST

Bosmer, first and foremost! My heart belongs to Valenwood.

Secondly, Dunmer!

Last are Redguards, though I like the Altmer and the Orsimer quite a bit.

• 19 posts
    December 2, 2016 2:12 AM EST

I would say Argonians too, because they have an interesting culture and lore, they are connected with the Hist, they bear weird names too. Do anyone know if they have cold blood (like serpents and lizards)? Because if this is the case, they would'nt be very efficient in skyrim, given the fact that that type of animals are in a lethargic state in low temperature environment. My first playthrough was as an Argonian in Morrowind.

On the other hand, Dwemers are mysterious and seem to have a different type of knowledge compared to the other races because of their technologies and their immense living places, their social organization...

The breton race amuse me because here in France, we have a region called Bretagne and its inhabitants are the "bretons".

This post was edited by Molicha at December 2, 2016 2:24 AM EST