Forums » The Lounge

The cure for Restartitis?

• 87 posts
    November 3, 2016 4:56 PM EDT
    I think most of us have experienced Restartitis at some time in our life. What are your tips for curing Restartitis?
    • 558 posts
    November 3, 2016 5:04 PM EDT

I like organizing what I am going to do before I make the character. Race, Stone, Stats, Shouts, Equipment, and Quests. I have it saved somewhere so I don't forget.

If I haven't played in a while, I make a character with an excuse to make use of all weapons and artifacts in the game that I want. The last time I was a rogue Dominion Altmer.

• 288 posts
    November 3, 2016 5:39 PM EDT

Restart-what?

• 11 posts
    November 4, 2016 8:41 AM EDT

In a way, I embrace it. With SE your character saves are seperated much like they are in Fallout 4, at the minute I am running 3 seperate characters with completely different playstyles, when I get bored of one, I switch to another, then another, then most likely back again. It's been working well for me so far.

• 585 posts
    November 4, 2016 9:08 AM EDT

Roleplay!

Giving your character an interesting backstory, some quirks to make them realistic, and try and implement them into the game. Doing stuff just for RPs sake feels strange at first, but become integral to the character and is a ton of fun.

• 312 posts
    November 17, 2016 9:56 AM EST

Yeah... about restartitis... I probably have a terminal case. >.>

• 261 posts
    November 17, 2016 10:47 AM EST

Welcome to my life, WuYiXiang...

• 77 posts
    November 17, 2016 1:20 PM EST

For me having multiple characters of varied playstyles all running at the same time really helps.  If I get bored of one I can just load up a different character and pick up where they left off.  Also Character Building has injected new life into the game for me and really got me to buckle down and commit to a single character concept.

• 312 posts
    November 17, 2016 1:37 PM EST

Vargr White-Tree said:

For me having multiple characters of varied playstyles all running at the same time really helps.

Is it bad that when I tried to make an assassin, I ended up charging in with a sword and shield regardless? >.>

• 77 posts
    November 17, 2016 1:55 PM EST

Well if you are restarting new characters and then just playing them all the same you do not have restartitis. 

"Doing the same thing over and over but expecting a different outcome is the definition of insanity"

You my friend are insane.  ;P

• 312 posts
    November 17, 2016 3:06 PM EST

Vargr White-Tree said:

Well if you are restarting new characters and then just playing them all the same you do not have restartitis. 

Well, you see, I restarted my test play of my Event WiP about... seven times so far? The highest I've gotten is, like, level 17 before I remade her. xD

Vargr White-Tree said:

"Doing the same thing over and over but expecting a different outcome is the definition of insanity"

You my friend are insane.  ;P

Quite.

• 700 posts
    November 18, 2016 11:21 AM EST

Hmm. What if, when you become bored with a character, you pick up a new skill? It might help diagnose whether you're not feeling the character or the gameplay. If you start using a new skill but still feel like restarting, it might very well be the character that lacks direction. If a new skill breathes new life into your gameplay, it could be that you just need a more dynamic skill set. But that's just off the top of my head. I've been trying to fix this for years with no true success. 

• 277 posts
    November 21, 2016 3:00 AM EST

TITIS!!!! :D :D :D

• 649 posts
    November 21, 2016 3:10 AM EST

Noodles said:

TITIS!!!! :D :D :D

xD

• 104 posts
    November 21, 2016 1:53 PM EST

Constant restarting can be a real pain, I avoid it by playing already published character builds by others, however if I am trying one of my own I plan ahead, adopt a role play stratagy and stick to it regardless of how it effects the build.

• 26 posts
    November 21, 2016 3:07 PM EST

New Characters and builds!

• 295 posts
    November 21, 2016 5:21 PM EST

TWO-HANDED! 

Tehehe, actually, just creating new builds and playing other builds. I did have restarteritus really bad in the beginning though and still do when I don't start a build exactly the way I want to (wrong mod list, not feeling the mod list, that sort of thing).

• 113 posts
    November 23, 2016 4:48 AM EST

WuYiXiang said:

Yeah... about restartitis... I probably have a terminal case. >.>

^

This post was edited by Sindeed at November 23, 2016 4:48 AM EST
    • 641 posts
    November 23, 2016 8:25 AM EST

Nothing to do but succumb 

• 1 posts
    November 23, 2016 9:23 AM EST

I don't really know of any solution but i woud like to find one. I wish i could get a lot farther than i usaully do because of restarting.

• 277 posts
    November 23, 2016 9:35 AM EST

If the gameplay isn't exciting enough for you, roleplay often helps with this problem.

• 8 posts
    November 28, 2016 5:03 AM EST

I don't really mind restartitis. As most characters are unique in their own right. However, every time I re-play The Forgotten Vale, something inside me dies. First was an amazing experience. The second time was challenging. The third time was a drag and fourth time was just a nightmare. It makes me stay away from Dawnguard-based characters and they are usually very fun to play.

• 12 posts
    January 6, 2017 10:14 PM EST

And here I thought I was the only one with this case of "Restartitis".  It has gotten really bad lately. But the roleplay aspect does help, just got to find the perfect build and plan ahead. Now on to finding the right build in Character Building Archives.  Hmmmmm......what type of mood am I going to be in for the next 3 hours?