Forums » Introduce Yourself

• 4 posts
    October 30, 2016 7:23 AM EDT

Greetings, I'm Tristan. 

I've been reading the character builds section of this site and its predecessor for a while, but having recently got back into playing Skyrim after a year or so's break I decided to actually join the community :)

I work as a care worker for people with mental health and learning disabilities and play games in my spare time. I'm interested in most things roleplay or fantasy related and have been for years - I played Morrowind back on the original X-box when it first came out, though I'm a PC gamer at heart. Game genre of choice is, probably unsurprisingly RPG, with some MMOs thrown in. Outside of games I like reading, and occasionally writing stories. I'm hoping to contribute both builds and stories to the site eventually, just need to stop rolling new ones (and stop tinkering with my mods list..).

Thats all for now :)

• 1595 posts
    October 30, 2016 1:09 PM EDT

Hello Tristan, welcome to the Vault :) I am glad you decided to take the plunge and join us. In th time you've spent with the builds have you got a favourite?

It sounds like you do worthy work, I hope our community offers you a sanctuary away from some of the stress which must accompany your vocation.

So, I look forward to the builds and stories you have to share;)

This post was edited by Paws at October 30, 2016 1:09 PM EDT
    • 4 posts
    October 30, 2016 1:20 PM EDT

Thanks Phil! To be honest I've seen loads of good builds that I want to try when I have time. Off the top of my head the Nightingale Swordsman, DemonhunterAlchemist (the completely noncombat,nonmagic sociopath version), and the Telvani Mage (long time fan of House Telvani!) really stood out to claim a place at the top of my "must play this build" list.

Thanks again for the welcome :)

• 1595 posts
    October 30, 2016 1:47 PM EDT

Couch Warrior are currently doing a Let's play of the Demonhunter, worth checking out! It's a solid build, one of two which ultimately led to me joining the site. Is that Alchemist Nik Poulsen's version? Man, I love that build. Telvanni Mage by Adrik? A game changer in its day and so full of spirit even now. Glad to hear you're a Telvanni fan :)

• 4 posts
    October 30, 2016 2:04 PM EDT

They were all over on the old iteration of the site, on ning, so I'm not sure.. After checking though, yeah Adrik's Telvanni Mage, the Alchemist build was by Matt Benecke, called The Wandering Alchemist. I'll have to check out that Let's Play though. I loved the Diablo-esque flavour of the Demonhunter build, and the fact that its not a sneak archer, which I tend to find myself playing by accident half the time.

• 312 posts
    October 30, 2016 2:21 PM EDT

TristanIseme said:

They were all over on the old iteration of the site, on ning, so I'm not sure.. After checking though, yeah Adrik's Telvanni Mage, the Alchemist build was by Matt Benecke, called The Wandering Alchemist. I'll have to check out that Let's Play though. I loved the Diablo-esque flavour of the Demonhunter build, and the fact that its not a sneak archer, which I tend to find myself playing by accident half the time.

Ah, the sneak archer. The classic over-powered Skyrim build. :P

• 4 posts
    October 30, 2016 2:37 PM EDT

WuYiXiang said:

Ah, the sneak archer. The classic over-powered Skyrim build. :P

Yes, yes it is. Overpowered and eventually boring :P

• 312 posts
    October 30, 2016 11:22 PM EDT
    Incidentally, I've never played one. I always jack up the "Sneak" part.