Forums » Elder Scrolls

Bethesda's Skyrim Memories

• 77 posts
    October 25, 2016 2:37 PM EDT

Haha, I guess i overstated a bit.  Skyrim is definately the only game I've ever played that simulated lycanthropy and allowed you to play as the werewolf, I have played many other games with werewolves and lycanthropy in them.  The closest to simulating it besides Skyrim would have to be Bloody Roar but that's a completely different kind of game. 

Man i forgot about how much I liked that game...might have to dust off my old copy of BR2 and play a few rounds as Yugo the Wolf.

• 312 posts
    October 25, 2016 2:38 PM EDT

Well, Adventure Quest is an old Flash game that lets you be a werewolf (alongside the Vampire and Werepire subraces), though turn-based combat doesn't exactly scream "Lycan" to me. xD

This post was edited by WuYiXiang at October 25, 2016 2:38 PM EDT
    • 67 posts
    October 27, 2016 8:30 AM EDT

I have quite a few memories of skyrim, the on that sticks out the most was when I was playing my Night Blade vampire. 

I was brazenly strolling across the frozen lake in the forgotten vale taking in the amazing vistas, when I was all of a sudden set upon by two dragons that erupted from beneath the ice. They quickly took to incinerating me as I helplessly tried to run away, Whats a squishy flammable vampire to do in the middle of a frozen lake I thought. Jump into the hole the dragons came out of, of course. Finally, a reason to use water breathing potions. So I swam a short distance from the hole and then decided I'll wait them out because those salmon roe water potions last awhile. I guess I forgot they were worth alot beause when i went to use one I discovered that I had sold all of them to the thieves guild prior to the quest. So I then tried finding my way back to the hole to avoid  drowning, alas I lost my way and my dragonborn was sentenced to a cold frosty grave beneath the ice.

• 248 posts
    October 27, 2016 11:01 AM EDT

That's a good one Furrion...that entire quest is so long getting through to the Vale was amazing and then....poof double dragons from the water! Are you kidding me! I definitely freaked out the first time that happened. 

• 1595 posts
    October 28, 2016 5:12 AM EDT

Picking one from the top of my head, I'd say possibly beating that damned frost troll on the seven thousand steps for the first time. That took a few reloads I am ashamed to say :D

• 641 posts
    October 28, 2016 5:15 AM EDT

Phil said:

Picking one from the top of my head, I'd say possibly beating that damned frost troll on the seven thousand steps for the first time. That took a few reloads I am ashamed to say :D

Just lure that fool up to High Hrothgar and watch the Greybeard shout him into dust.

• 585 posts
    October 28, 2016 9:19 AM EDT

Veloth the Qahnaarin said:

Phil said:

Just lure that fool up to High Hrothgar and watch the Greybeard shout him into dust.

That would probably be one of mine actually, watching the once terrifying monster get ripped to shreds by some old guys really hammered home how powerful Shouts were.