Forums » General Gaming

Overwatch

• 87 posts
    October 4, 2016 6:30 PM EDT

Yep, I’ve turned to the dark side of the free-to-play games and its claws refuse to come out of my skin. But getting away from my obvious game addiction (shut up, we all have it XP) Overwatch is truly a game that is worth the $59.99 (just say $60 + tax). I am having a blast with it every time I head to the library.

At any rate, the game can be summarized in a few words: team objectives. The basis is to capture or defend the objective and make use of the four types of heros: attack (dps), defend (these are your snipers and whatnot), tank (self-explanatory) and support.

I can go into details on who each hero is but that’d take a while so I’ll go over some that’re my most enjoyable to play as.

In the DPS section we have:

Jesse McCree

Now he may seem, and look, like an American cowboy with a bionic left arm. That’s because he is, plus a bounty hunter. A quick shot master who uses a six-shot revolver as his weapon of choice and a quick flashbang grenade to stun his enemies. A bit difficult to use but fun is his ultimate. What it does is he automatically locks onto as many enemy heads and, once the circles fully enclose the head, instantly eliminates them. Incredibly amazing!

Pharah

The Egyptian Raptora suit wearer. This woman is all about explosive ammunition. Her gun fires rockets in the direction shot. The splash damage is great and the AoE also pushes back her enemies. Her abilities are a rocketed jump into the air that can be used with her suits jets to stay afloat for a few seconds. The second one, an electric burst, which simply pushes enemies away. Perfect for getting them off your objective… or team mate(s). Her ultimate is a dozy, able to send multiple rockets from her suit and you can control the area in which she fires.

In the tanks, I have only one contestant:

Reinhardt

This big brute of a man from Germany has a hammer. … I’m sorry, you want more? Fine, it’s a jet-powered hammer that can launch fire bolt. He’s the definition of a tank, being able to raise a shield from the back of his rhino modeled suit. The second ability of his is a charge that can pin people to him and ram them into walls and other object. This usually ends in their death (experienced this one too many times to willingly admit). His ultimate, Hammer Quake, causes enemies to become stunned after the hammer hits the ground. This lasts for about 5 seconds. Useful for the mighty swings of his weapon as it can hit multiple people.

I don’t use any support characters, not even the new one, Ana, as I am no good with them.

Moving onto the final category of characters and my favorite (also the only one I play of this): defense.

Hanzo

Hanzo Shimada is a Japanese assassin and mercenary who willingly killed his brother, Genji, because it was his duty. And his burden. Obviously he didn’t finish the job as Genji is very much alive but a cyborg ninja. Anyway… Hanzo uses a Storm Bow and is very much a sniper. His Scanner Arrow allows everyone on his team to see enemies within a certain radius. Scatter Arrow is unique as it has multiple hit boxes, due to that the main arrow splits into several more.

His ultimate, Dragonstrike, is incredible. He says a quote that I can recite but cannot spell, and launches an arrow that turns into two dragons that spin around each other, much like a helix. They can travel through walls, un-friendlies, and everything else. I love this character too much! XD

How to join in

How to join in the fun is extremely simple. What you need to do, in this order, is:

1. Purchase the game (either a hard copy in a store or on battle.net)
    2. Create an account
    3. Log in

Easy no? Told you. Below is a list of those who play and what systems thereon.

PC

Name: Ben W

Gamer Tag: Wergar#1418

Xbox One

PS4

I look forward to playing with you guys in the future!

• 312 posts
    October 4, 2016 6:57 PM EDT

Ben W said:

Yep, I’ve turned to the dark side of the free-to-play games and its claws refuse to come out of my skin. But getting away from my obvious game addiction (shut up, we all have it XP) Overwatch is truly a game that is worth the $59.99 (just say $60 + tax).

How is it F2P if you have to pay $60 to play? >.>

• 627 posts
    October 4, 2016 7:01 PM EDT

WuYiXiang said:

Ben W said:

Yep, I’ve turned to the dark side of the free-to-play games and its claws refuse to come out of my skin. But getting away from my obvious game addiction (shut up, we all have it XP) Overwatch is truly a game that is worth the $59.99 (just say $60 + tax).

How is it F2P if you have to pay $60 to play? >.>

That could be interpreted as fee to pay, in which you have to buy the game just so you can spend more money on mircotransactions :P 

• 312 posts
    October 4, 2016 7:24 PM EDT
    You mean WoW's gold-buying system?
    • 627 posts
    October 4, 2016 7:34 PM EDT

Yes if you have to buy that game and it then has microtransactions in it. I've never played WoW so I have no idea what that game is like. 

• 312 posts
    October 4, 2016 7:38 PM EDT
    Well, WoW is "free" until level 20. That's less being "Free to Play" and more "Free Demo", but that doesn't stop MMO databases from listing it as F2P >.<
    • 87 posts
    October 4, 2016 7:41 PM EDT

Please... no more

• 207 posts
    January 6, 2017 6:28 PM EST

You can add me to the PC section.

Name: SoulLess

Gamer Tag: PsYchO