Forums » The Lounge

What are you up to in Tamriel Vault?

• 96 posts
    October 2, 2016 11:23 AM EDT
    Doing art & a lot of icons for a build that I wont release..
    This post was edited by Relycs at October 2, 2016 11:25 AM EDT
    • 295 posts
    October 2, 2016 2:02 PM EDT
    Relycs said:

Alright, I'll bite. Why are you not releasing it?
    • 87 posts
    October 2, 2016 2:33 PM EDT

Interesting... haven't been on much due to shitty internet and when I do have good internet it's only because I head to the local library to play Overwatch and WoW (that's right, judge me all you want XP) 

As for what I am working on, more chapters for The Bounty Chronicles, having to repost the Chronicle ToC and Union of the Bounty Hunter chapters. That's right, more than one more will be released. Just a matter of finishing part 3....

• 96 posts
    October 2, 2016 3:51 PM EDT
    Lissette Long-Chapper said:
    Relycs said:

I dont really have the time or will to get into the formating (if it's still that unfriendly to html noobs. Hell, studying rocket science is required for just changing the background of your profile...) and I'm afraid my English skilllz could ruin it :D. There also is way too much work to do regarding the whole concept, the ingame story and a moral system.
    And it shouldn't be just x-build you know. Probably the major problem here ;).

Doing art on the go is just so much... easier ;).
    This post was edited by Relycs at October 2, 2016 3:53 PM EDT
    • 295 posts
    October 2, 2016 4:56 PM EDT

Relycs said:
    Lissette Long-Chapper said:
    Relycs said: Doing art & a lot of icons for a build that I wont release..
    I dont really have the time or will to get into the formating (if it's still that unfriendly to html noobs. Hell, studying rocket science is required for just changing the background of your profile...) and I'm afraid my English skilllz could ruin it :D. There also is way too much work to do regarding the whole concept, the ingame story and a moral system. And it shouldn't be just x-build you know. Probably the major problem here ;). Doing art on the go is just so much... easier ;).

Lemme ask you this? 

You have fun playing it?

If so, then post. The point of me being the heck here is to help you with formatting and stuff. Cause now, I wanna see it! You are making arts and not showing me!!! Grrrrrrrrrr :D 

• 96 posts
    October 2, 2016 5:01 PM EDT
    Hmm I could post some pics.. I think any of those icons would potencially spoil the whole build :D. Maybe tomorrow or so.
    • 96 posts
    October 2, 2016 5:02 PM EDT
    Relycs said:
    Hmm I could post some pics.. I think any of those icons would potencially spoil the whole build :D. Maybe tomorrow or so. Still checking if it's worth it or if it's just taking storage away ;).

So now I'm quoting myself or what :D. Where is the delete button?

This post was edited by Relycs at October 2, 2016 5:05 PM EDT
    • 224 posts
    October 2, 2016 6:07 PM EDT

I am currently working on two builds, while more like concepts, and two stories along with them that I believe will be some my best work I have done in a while.

• 295 posts
    October 5, 2016 8:18 PM EDT

So Legion told me to update my list on page 1 and I dids. :D

• 295 posts
    October 20, 2016 9:58 PM EDT

Was able to cross off more from my list. :D

• 367 posts
    October 26, 2016 2:30 PM EDT

I'm currently trying to kill myself by writing 1,600 words a day every day until Dec 20th 2017. 

Why would anyone what to do that?

Well my precious Aela...*Looks around to see if she's about... want's me to continue with my story U.O.T.W. As in write brand new content. I'm currently editing my way through 170 odd chapters and, over time, I'm posting them. There's a collection of I would really like to post xmass and in all realism I will not get to them by xmass 2016 so my goal is to post these over the 2017 xmass period. In order to accolplish this  need to write 1,600 words every day.

I started this jail term goal on the 23rd october. 

Goal: To write 680,000 words by 20th Dec 2017

How is it going so far?

23rd Oct Word count 4976

24th Oct Word count 893

25th Oct Word count 4456

Total words remaining  669,689

Anyone else on a road to madness? Any other crazy goals out there?

I can't be the only one entering the realm of madness...  If so then the Shivering Isles will be a lonely place.

• 18 posts
    October 27, 2016 6:04 AM EDT

I've reposted all the chapters of Crossover and now I only need to write 2 more chapters to finally finish the series...

Oh, and then I've got to link them all together

Damn

This post was edited by Will at October 27, 2016 6:16 AM EDT
    • 54 posts
    November 11, 2016 10:07 PM EST

I'm currently tending to two stories- One on here (The Breath of Kyne), and a not Skyrim one on Ao3. (Ao3 is a fanfiction site for pretty much everything under the sun, and then some). I'm just about to post my next BoK chapter, in fact. Maybe. I want to contuine A Thief's Destiny, but with outlining it first so I have a plot idea... That alone makes it one of those things I say I'll do 'tomorrow' for the next 10 years. I'm not good with outlines, but I want to try it. I'm now updating semi-regularly for my stories, as in one chapter for either a week. By that, I mean one chapter for Story A, then next week a chapter for Story B, then next week A, ect. It's not a strict schedule, but three weeks in it's holding up better than anything I've done before. It's sometimes a bit boring, but always fairly easy. I'm glad, too, becuase I want to be a writer for my only job eventually, and if I can't keep to a schedule with my bad fanfiction... That wouldn't brood well with my chances of book writing. I was supposed to be making a build with Relycs, but lost interest for that again. For like a third time. So, I need to send him an apology message. If you're reading this please don't kill me.  Hm.... Oh yeah! I also want to make The Perils of Madness a thing again. Just a little, short, 5 or so chapter story. Chapter 1 was posted a while ago, and I kinda... Did what I do with everything else. Delayed until I forgot about it.

I think that's all I have planned... Poetry? I might write some poems if inspiration strikes, but nothing's hit me so far. 

...Okay, I think that's really it... Oh wait. I also need to read all of the stuff I missed out on here, and monitor my favorite fics on Ao3 for when they update.

OKAY LYALL. THINK HARD. 

. . .

And that is...

Not it. I still have to do... What do I have/want to do?

Oh yeah! Request fics are pretty popular on Ao3, but I'm not quite sure how well that would translate here. Usually those stories are fluffy, happy collections of one-shots, sometimes in the same world/with the same characters, sometimes not. I'm not quite sure if that would work here, seeing as these stories are all action. (Not a critisim, mine is too. Just thinking out loud... or, rather, typing outloud.) I should try to make a really happy story that serves no purpose but to show people in Skyrim just living thier daily lives, no Dark Brotherhoods or Vampires or Dragons, Born or otherwise. Not sure how it'll go, but no one could say that I didn't try. Unless of course I don't post it. Then I suppose 'they' can say I didn't try, becuase I didn't. Or at least didn't finish a chapter.

Hm... Is that it? I think so...

It is! If you've read this whole thing, thanks for taking interest in my boring, everyday life. :D 

EDIT: I completly forgot about NaMo. Might join in, writing to a really fast drum of death sleepless nights in order to catch up. Maybe. 

This post was edited by Lyall at November 11, 2016 10:14 PM EST