Forums » Elder Scrolls

The Prophet: Voices from a next Elder Scrolls Game (Engine)

• 224 posts
    September 16, 2016 5:33 AM EDT

Hello!,

I'm Medieval, lets talk about the posibilities of a new Elder Scrolls game, taking in consideration the new generation games are being developed, How you think it will be?, If its taken the progress of video games, the new engines, the new ways video games are being developed. (For PC)

Searching and looking about the next generation video games what are coming and some what are recently released and still in development. I discovered whole new titles and I can say for my word there are really cool new kind of video games and all those have a lot in common with the subject about Medieval life, some of their features are:

-Immersive: The world are big and have a big quantity of content

-Full roleplaying: Play a rol as a Kinght, Archer, Blacksmith, Farmer, etc, the games are hard at dificculty and every rol is important, take full part on the curse of the story

-Interactive-online: Everything can happens, connect with friends and take a rol, speak throught mic (realistic sound, heard loud when a player is close and slow when going far), make plans, create your own guild and groups (make banners, etc)

-Full destructible environment (full interactive environment): Craft anything and raise up certain skills doing certain jobs, build your castle, your settlement, your basement, attack others bases, full siege

Thinking on an a new Elder Scrolls title and taken in consideration the past titles of it, but looking on the future and thinking what could be next, in my oppinion I could say some of the features written above will take part on the next Elder Scrolls game, a little proof of that could be Elder Scrolls Online, isnt the traditional Elder Scrolls game, but brings the game to a new level of gameplay, the most striking of it I think is the interaction between players and the world. Elder Scrolls from my experience I can talk about Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim titles, the feature stands out more than any, is you take decitions, you decide where to go, what quest do, how will be your character, what rol will do, where he lives, who fight againts and with mods doing that have and incredible broad of posibilities.

Let me give you two links are worth for being seen

Top 10 Medieval Games of 2016

Mr. Moon: "Warden of the North" - Life is Feudal : A player who took too serious his rol on the game and it seems on that servers everyone does too

The thing I want to say here is I'm certainly sure the next Elder Scrolls game, thinking on Elder Scrolls VI specificly, will have some of these features because Todd and Bethesda it seems are always innovating

Give your oppinion about what do you think the next Elder Scrolls will be, thinking on the engine and gameplay not on the story or in what land will be taken

What do you think of this? It makes sense to you? Does not make sens at all?

This post was edited by Medieval at September 16, 2016 5:34 AM EDT