Forums » Introduce Yourself

Introduction

• 21 posts
    September 15, 2016 10:28 PM EDT

Hello! My name is Andrew and I am a "new" member of The Tamriel Vault (I was a member under a different email on the older blog). I would just like to take the time to introduce myself to the group. I have been a fan of TES ever since I started playing Skyrim, and it has been my favorite game ever since. I enjoy playing as a Nord warrior and I am very much into Norse mythology (I try to implement it into my gameplay as much as possible). I'm pumped for the upcoming release of Skyrim Special Edition for the newer consoles and I can't wait to pick back up where I left off. I plan on streaming once I pick up a good headset to use with my xbox one so any suggestions on what to look for would be greatly appreciated. I'll be sure to link my stream once I get it up and running so you guys can check it out! Anyway, have a great night guys and may Talos be with you :D

• 312 posts
    September 15, 2016 10:33 PM EDT

Turtle Beach headsets are always good.

• 694 posts
    September 15, 2016 10:39 PM EDT

Welcome back, Andrew! We have a number of experienced streamers here, and I would love to check out your stream once Remastered hits. There's a thread in The Gateway for this (which is our news hub and townhall) so that you can let us know when you're going to stream and we can turn up and check it out. We also have a help thread, should you need to troubleshoot. :) I'd also recommend getting involved with the Roleplay group, if you're looking for cool and interesting new ways to marry mythology with lore and gameplay. Great to have you back with us! 

• 21 posts
    September 16, 2016 7:22 AM EDT

WuYiXiang said:

Turtle Beach headsets are always good.

I've been looking at specific TB models on Amazon but I haven't heard much about how good they are for streaming. A Best Buy employee tried to get me to buy the most expensive pair in the store (naturally) so I think I'll do some more research before I make my decision. Thanks for the input!

• 21 posts
    September 16, 2016 7:27 AM EDT

Edana said:

Welcome back, Andrew! We have a number of experienced streamers here, and I would love to check out your stream once Remastered hits. There's a thread in The Gateway for this (which is our news hub and townhall) so that you can let us know when you're going to stream and we can turn up and check it out. We also have a help thread, should you need to troubleshoot. :) I'd also recommend getting involved with the Roleplay group, if you're looking for cool and interesting new ways to marry mythology with lore and gameplay. Great to have you back with us! 

Glad to be back :) I love this place! I'll definitely have to check that out once I get the ball rolling. The only thing stopping me at this point is not having a headset, but other than that I have everything else set up. Still need to figure out a good schedule as well. 

Hmm, that sounds very enticing! I'll have to go check it out right now :) Thanks!

• 312 posts
    September 16, 2016 8:28 AM EDT

Andrew said:

I've been looking at specific TB models on Amazon but I haven't heard much about how good they are for streaming. A Best Buy employee tried to get me to buy the most expensive pair in the store (naturally) so I think I'll do some more research before I make my decision. Thanks for the input!

The Razer Kraken is pretty good, too, though it is more expensive than the cheaper Turtle Beaches (I think of TotalBiscuit when you type TB). I currently own a pair of the 2012 Kraken, and they still work perfectly.

• 3 posts
    September 16, 2016 10:36 AM EDT

Hey guys, lemme introduce myself! Call me Domino, I'm a fresh new member to the site and probably one of most inexperienced RPG gamers lurking your threads too xD Literally, the only Bethesda game I've ever touched has been Skyrim and it was actually the Dragon Age franchise that got me so interested in the genre. Gotta say though, I regret having not dived into TES earlier in life; it feels like I've got so much to catch up on xP

I'm an amatuer modder using edits to my favorite games to slowly break myself into game design concepts but I'm really here for the CBs. Seriously, the thought you guys put into these builds is astounding and I want to try them all. TV looks like a strong community of talent and support and I hope I manage to be a passable contributor. See you guys on the threads~

• 312 posts
    September 16, 2016 10:43 AM EDT

Dat thread hijack, tho. xD

• 694 posts
    September 16, 2016 10:49 AM EDT

Domino said:

Hey guys, lemme introduce myself! Call me Domino, I'm a fresh new member to the site and probably one of most inexperienced RPG gamers lurking your threads too xD Literally, the only Bethesda game I've ever touched has been Skyrim and it was actually the Dragon Age franchise that got me so interested in the genre. Gotta say though, I regret having not dived into TES earlier in life; it feels like I've got so much to catch up on xP

I'm an amatuer modder using edits to my favorite games to slowly break myself into game design concepts but I'm really here for the CBs. Seriously, the thought you guys put into these builds is astounding and I want to try them all. TV looks like a strong community of talent and support and I hope I manage to be a passable contributor. See you guys on the threads~

Hey Domino! Welcome to the site! Glad you decided to go from lurker to member! It's never too late to pick up Skyrim or any ES game! As far as we're all concerned, those games are evergreen. :D If you're into modding you should also check out the Modder's Conclave group for ideas. Just an FYI that we've just migrated platforms, and are working to reorganize our build library and working out a few bugs here and there. You'll be seeing improvements there and around the site generally in the coming weeks. If you need help finding anything, please don't hesitate to give me or the other Admins or Hosts a shout. Great to have you! :)

• 3 posts
    September 16, 2016 1:29 PM EDT

WuYiXiang said:

Oh, mah bad! I didn't realize I was on a sub-thread >.<

Guess I'll go make one of those for myself now~

• 312 posts
    September 16, 2016 1:32 PM EDT
    Nah, I was messin'.
    • 21 posts
    September 16, 2016 2:00 PM EDT

Domino said:

WuYiXiang said:

Oh, mah bad! I didn't realize I was on a sub-thread >.<

Guess I'll go make one of those for myself now~

YEAH WHAT THE HELL MAN!!! (jk)

Welcome to the site fellow new member :)

• 21 posts
    September 16, 2016 2:00 PM EDT

WuYiXiang said:

Andrew said:

The Razer Kraken is pretty good, too, though it is more expensive than the cheaper Turtle Beaches (I think of TotalBiscuit when you type TB). I currently own a pair of the 2012 Kraken, and they still work perfectly.

I'll have to check those out, thanks!

• 312 posts
    September 16, 2016 2:58 PM EDT
    Yep! I might do some streaming of my own.