Forums » Elder Scrolls

Lets Reminisce Skyrim

• 649 posts
    September 15, 2016 2:35 PM EDT

@Gentlefish (Now I want to go read up on Hammerfell's resistance again, 'cause I'm not sure how they pulled it off other than by living in a desert...)

You pull enemy´s forces deeper into desert, start a guerialla attacks, move faster than them, cut of their supply chains, poison water supplies. Basicaly make them bleed for every square meter they lay their feet on. Redguards living in a desert has several advantages. Knowing the terrain, having animals that are more suited for the enviroment, know about secret water wells. It´s a risky tactic, but if played well, the enemy won´t be able even to swing a sword while Redguards basicaly make them bleed. Plus, Redguards are basicaly the best fighters in Tamriel, the moment they break enemy´s line they are able to do some serious damage. 

At least, that´s how I envision Hammerfell war with Dominion. But let´s not forget Ra Gada (which literally means Warrior Wave). When Yokudans came to Tamriel they ran into elves, Nedes and goblins (possibly Orcs). They basicaly swept all of them from the map of Hammerfell. Back in the day when Ansei were part their culture, they were like old Nordic armies with their Tongues. Very very hard to stop. 

• 743 posts
    September 15, 2016 2:38 PM EDT

Gentlefish said:

RogueSilver said:

Keep telling yourself that, Imperials are gutless milkdrinkers, that's why us Stormcloaks would have a far better chance against the Thalmor. Also, Hammerfell seems to be doing rather well against the Dominion by themselves, without the sorry Empire's assistance.

#StormcloakSuperiority

WHY YOU LITTLE TRAITOR

LOL. I guess it's not like Skyrim would be helpless against the Dominion, but let me know how it goes when you bring a greatsword to a spell fight. ;)

Now I want to go read up on Hammerfell's resistance again, 'cause I'm not sure how they pulled it off other than by living in a desert...

inb4 'by not being milk drinkers'

I'll GLADLY bring TWO SWORDS to a spell fight! What are the elven nazis gonna do when we get on top of 'em with a 10-inch steel greatsword? I know what their gonna do, scream and beg for their life.

• 743 posts
    September 15, 2016 2:41 PM EDT

Karver said:

@Gentlefish (Now I want to go read up on Hammerfell's resistance again, 'cause I'm not sure how they pulled it off other than by living in a desert...)

You pull enemy´s forces deeper into desert, start a guerialla attacks, move faster than them, cut of their supply chains, poison water supplies. Basicaly make them bleed for every square meter they lay their feet on. Redguards living in a desert has several advantages. Knowing the terrain, having animals that are more suited for the enviroment, know about secret water wells. It´s a risky tactic, but if played well, the enemy won´t be able even to swing a sword while Redguards basicaly make them bleed. Plus, Redguards are basicaly the best fighters in Tamriel, the moment they break enemy´s line they are able to do some serious damage. 

At least, that´s how I envision Hammerfell war with Dominion. But let´s not forget Ra Gada (which literally means Warrior Wave). When Yokudans came to Tamriel they ran into elves, Nedes and goblins (possibly Orcs). They basicaly swept all of them from the map of Hammerfell. Back in the day when Ansei were part their culture, they were like old Nordic armies with their Tongues. Very very hard to stop. 

You're referring to a variation of the scorched earth tactic. It's what Russia used against the most powerful army and man of that time, Napolean, and look what happened to him in there.

• 743 posts
    September 15, 2016 2:42 PM EDT

Side note about the things I love in Skyrim; WRECKING IMPERIAL MILK DRINKERS.