Forums » Elder Scrolls

No Skyrim Remastered Mods for Playstation

• September 10, 2016 6:00 AM EDT

With the rapid approach of Skyrim Remastered, and Console Mods, what do you make of Sonys stance of refusing to allow Mods on their Consoles, what are they up to? are you going to stay with Sony? or perhaps move over to Microsoft, will you perhaps purchase a Gaming PC.

Tell us below what you think about this situation, and what your personal plans are, Do Sony have a ligitimate concern or is it just a case of what ours is ours.

• 312 posts
    September 10, 2016 6:12 AM EDT

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Based on Bethesda's wording, Sony is on board with allowing third-party mods given some unknown number of restrictions that Bethesda thinks is unreasonable. Personally, it doesn't bother me since I'm primarily a PC gamer.

I still fully intend to buy a PlayStation Vita, though.

• 1467 posts
    September 10, 2016 6:37 AM EDT
    To be honest, I remember a lot of what people are bitching about with the release of F4 Mods for XBone, and I believe those issues were never fixed...in my mind, Bethesda has handled mods kind of poorly and I wouldn't blame Sony for asking for some better restrictions for things like people being able to take credit for the work of other moders. But I haven't been keeping up with Fallout mods, so maybe I'm wrong and it's just Sony being unreasonable.

I won't be moving back to Microsoft, my experiences with an XBone have been beyond horrible (bugs, brand new games being unplayable) but the PS4 has been a freaking great console so far, I was always excited about Screenshots and Twitch Streaming more than mods, so it just isn't an issue for me.
  • September 10, 2016 6:42 AM EDT

Always a pleasure to read your input my friend, I seriously doubt that Sony are just being unreasonable, but you never know

• 312 posts
    September 10, 2016 7:04 AM EDT

It would seem that we are of the same mind, then. Of course, I may or may not be biased thanks to certain upcoming releases.