Forums » The Lounge

D&D Storytime

• June 23, 2016 9:46 PM EDT

Posted as an actual discussion due to popular demand (and by that I mean DB told me to), here this goes.

I've never played D&D or any serious RP system, besides the one we had here a few months back. But I do so enjoy my bullshit D&D stories. So here's a few:

Edgardo fights the power

A convincing argument for Necromancy

A convincing argument for drunkenness, I guess

Fire sword grants a stealth bonus

For more stories, check the Hall of Fame: Link

Also feel free to post any interesting stories you've had (or interesting you've come across, say, spanning the subreddit I linked to). It doesn't have to be D&D.

• 177 posts
    June 23, 2016 10:31 PM EDT

(I'd move this to The Lounge if I were you)

I've been playing D&D for years, so I have several stories to tell! And I will tell them...via greentext style!

>Be me

>Be DMing a d20 Fallout Campagin

>One of my friends is running a dual pistol Hubbologist, no one really takes him seriously

>They get sent to the slave town of Saint George to find a bounty, pretty standard stuff

>They steal a slaver train and ride to the town

>Get detected at the entrance, forced into a firefight 

>The ghoul sniper goes into a train car, and is knocked out by a raider standing inside

>The super mutant tank is incapacated by a shot to the leg

>Leaves only Milton Herbert, hubbologist extraordinaire

>Around 30 raiders chasing him

>Runs into a bar and climbs to the roof, forcing them to run out the from door

>Running provokes an attack of opportunity 

>Mows down 30 raiders as they run out the door  

>Is elected mayor of the town later

I may post some more later!

• June 23, 2016 10:39 PM EDT

Been on this for 4 years...totally forgot how discussions were categorized. I'll repost there in a bit and delete this. Just giving you some warning in case you want to just copy and paste your comment there.

• 1441 posts
    June 24, 2016 2:14 AM EDT
    I remember my first campaign with friends. We made a town's residents slightly less ugly, my friend's wizard blew up the forest (And nearly killed a chunk of the party) then we wrestled a swamp witch
    • 404 posts
    June 24, 2016 12:39 PM EDT

I haven't played D&D before but I have been watching Nerdarchy on the subject, they are really good and been playing it for along time. 

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    June 24, 2016 11:58 PM EDT

Nerdarchy's great. I just wish Nerdarchst Nate was back on the show, but I understand he's been busy with family and life.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    June 25, 2016 12:06 AM EDT

Here's a tale from the first long-term game I was part of.

We were collecting this super-amazing-awesome-tastic gems for this wizard guy, and we stopped by in this city for some shopping. The party was about level 4/5, two wizards (dwarf and human) and a centaur warlock. While we're shopping, low-and-behold, a gorram Balor lands smack dab in the middle of the city. We think we're fucked (and we were), so we try to get the hell (lolpun) out of there. But the part splits. The human wizard has boots of flying, so he takes off and the balor follows. The rest of us run for the air ship (btw, we had an airship).

Long story short, and I shit you not, the level 5 wizard manages to kite the Balor through the city, blowing all of his spellslots, a ring of starfall, and a robe of star, but succeeds in soloing a god damn balor. A dickhead player tried to killsteal to get a bit of the exp, but idiot dun got roasted in balor's fire aura (chuckles were had).

Human wizard got enough exp to hit level 8.

Then the DM realized how much he fucked up giving us all neat magic items, and like two sessions later literally everything we owned got destroyed by a black dragon using acid breath. We were reasonably pissed.

So when my group jokes about stupid and unfair shit sent by the dm to ruin our day, we mention how they're probably 2d20 balors in the chest, or a balor riding a black dragon descends upon us.

• 694 posts
    June 25, 2016 5:45 AM EDT
    No worries, just moved this over for you. :)