Forums » Elder Scrolls

Kinect Support coming this month

• 773 posts
    April 12, 2012 12:24 PM EDT

Attention all you X-Box users

Yes, support for the Kinect controller is coming to Skyrim.

Heres the blurb from Bethblog:

Fully knowing that you can’t get enough of your favourite dragon shouts, we’re pleased to announce that Kinect for Xbox 360  support is coming to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Available for free as a title update slated for release this month, Skyrim Kinect for Xbox 360 Support will feature more than 200 Voice Commands… including the game’s dragon shouts.

In addition to Dragon Shouts, the Kinect for Xbox 360 integration offers voice commands throughout the game including Hotkey Equipping, Follower Commands, and all Menus (Items, Magic, Map, Barter, Container, Favorites, and Skills). With Voice Commands, quickly create and load saves during gameplay and access menus and inventories. Skyrim’s Kinect for Xbox 360 Support also adds new functionality including special map functions, additional hotkey options, and the ability to sort inventory items by name, weight, and value.

• 67 posts
    April 12, 2012 1:15 PM EDT

so this is their big news for April?????????? Not DLC but Kinect? What a joke...again is Bethesda pandering to XBOX, no mention of Move for PS3. Anyway does anyone really want them working on stuff like this as opposed to DLC.

• April 12, 2012 3:29 PM EDT

Woohoo!

Very well done, now you Xbox users get some nice treats! And especially quicksaving, oh yeah!

And Dovahreid, I'm sure that this is 1 of a number of things. They wouldn't neglect the other systems after getting people so hyped >.>

I think it's very cool that they made this. An actual use for the Kinect

• 426 posts
    April 12, 2012 3:47 PM EDT

Exciting but not the news I wanted to hear 

BOOOOO Bethesda lol *throws toys out of cot*

• 18 posts
    April 12, 2012 3:59 PM EDT

I agree. I I think its a nice idea except ye ok i have a 360 but im not a fan of kinect or things like that like the wii so there will be allot of people with ps3s or pcs or no kinect thats gonna have to wait for anything decent to come along. My patience is waring thin

• 54 posts
    April 12, 2012 4:53 PM EDT

Why can't we do the item sorting manually :/

• April 12, 2012 4:58 PM EDT

Cause Xbox/PS3 Controllers don't have that many buttons and stuff and PC's get mods...

• 577 posts
    April 12, 2012 5:58 PM EDT

I don't know. This does nothing for me. Actually I find it ridiculous. I'll never go hands free....Oh and I hope this isn't the 'April News' that that guy tweeted last week. That would suuuuuck.......I don't think I've seen ANYONE  getting all excited and couldn't wait till Skyrim came out on Kinect! Come on.....

• 133 posts
    April 12, 2012 6:06 PM EDT

Pfffffffffttttt!

• 856 posts
    April 12, 2012 7:21 PM EDT

I've got to admit, that's pretty cool (although I play on a PC ).

I think Bethesda will have some more news later this month, but it's just speculation .

• 377 posts
    April 12, 2012 7:24 PM EDT

Why do I feel so disappointed right now?

• 28 posts
    April 12, 2012 9:41 PM EDT

Haha this is pretty cool =] I may have to give this a shot when the patch comes! Maybe I'll have a good use for the Kinect now lol

• 342 posts
    April 13, 2012 12:16 AM EDT

this won't make that much difference, people already shout at their tvs

• 75 posts
    April 13, 2012 12:40 AM EDT

anyone else notice that when he was sorting his inventory, the speech skill increased

Edit: I watched closer, it was in a vendor screen

• 98 posts
    April 13, 2012 8:57 AM EDT

Great, just great. And yet not a thing about Playstation or PS Move....

• 1 posts
    April 13, 2012 9:22 AM EDT

• 577 posts
    April 13, 2012 9:56 AM EDT

LOL...perfect.

• 12 posts
    April 13, 2012 11:54 PM EDT

I have been AFK for awhile, but im glad i came back just for this bit of info its really interesting and makes my gaming easier.

• 27 posts
    April 14, 2012 1:30 AM EDT
    I can't wait for this all I want to see if it as good as it looks......or as good as it sounds lol but im not going out to buy a Kinect for it but my nephew has one so im going to have to grab the living room and play it on my.....yes I said my 55" tv.....and SHOUT MY FACE OFF LOL FUS!!!!!!!!
    • 27 posts
    April 14, 2012 1:31 AM EDT
    the PS3 move technology can't hold a light to the super technology of the Kinect.
    • 773 posts
    April 14, 2012 6:29 AM EDT

I think we know from the patch situation that Bethesda focuses more on XBox than it ever does or will on Playstation

• 6 posts
    April 14, 2012 9:07 AM EDT

I want this for pc! But just the voice commands. Do not want to turn skyrim into exercise 

• 7 posts
    April 14, 2012 10:35 AM EDT

I get it that all the people that own PCs are mad because they can already do all the hotkeys on the keyboard, and PS3 owners are made because the don't have the option of Kinect, and both are mad because the think Bethesda wasted their time on Kinect integration when they could've been making a whole new landmass to explore, I get it, I get it.

But.

You don't have to get all mad at Bethesda, all there doing is making the game better, (Or trying to) so don't get all mad and show it off in the comments, this is just a clever way of making the Xbox version closer to the PC version, so that they both have all the same hotkeys etc. I feel terribly bad for the PS3 owners however, Skyrim just seems to hate you so far 

I own an Xbox, and a Kinect (That I NEVER use) and am happy about the change, I might actually be able to enjoy using it for once 

• 144 posts
    April 14, 2012 1:33 PM EDT

hey, if i had kinect i'd get this, this is actually pretty cool!

• April 14, 2012 2:58 PM EDT

Lol, there's already a mod for that!

I think it's called Thu'umic or similiar