Forums » Elder Scrolls

Favorite DLC?

• 51 posts
    June 18, 2016 2:42 AM EDT

What is your favorite TES dlc of all the games? Why?

My personal favorite is Shivering Isles. I can't express just how much I love it. While I love Skyrim as a whole better than Oblivion as a whole, I honestly have to say I love Shivering Isles more than the entire game of Skyrim and all of its dlc's put together. Everything about Sheogorath's realm and Sheogorath himself is so crazy and magnificent. I consider myself pretty crazy so maybe that's why I'm drawn to it. The people and the events and the dialogue(especially Sheogorath's. "Cheese for everyone!")and the realm itself are all so random and mad that I just can't help but love it. I especially like the different opportunities you get to mentally and physically torture people. I could go on and on but I won't. Anyways, I'm itching to know your answer to that question.

• 411 posts
    June 18, 2016 2:48 AM EDT
    Tribunal Morrowind.
    • 18 posts
    June 18, 2016 2:50 AM EDT

Dragonborn

• 649 posts
    June 18, 2016 2:53 AM EDT

Horse Armor. 

• 627 posts
    June 18, 2016 3:09 AM EDT

Seconded.

• 179 posts
    June 18, 2016 4:04 AM EDT

Thirded.

• 273 posts
    June 18, 2016 4:14 AM EDT

Dragonborn

1. The atmosphere is great

2. Miraak, nuff said

3. Lead to me making my Dragon Priests of Solstheim series

4. LORE

• 17 posts
    June 18, 2016 4:25 AM EDT

I've gotta agree with you.

• 649 posts
    June 18, 2016 4:42 AM EDT

Why is every rolling under the floor laughing?

• 367 posts
    June 18, 2016 7:30 AM EDT

Bloodmoon Morrowind. Now I don't rate this higher than Skyrim though.

With a few mods Skyrim main game has everything a Werewolf could ever hope to have. I STILL remember my first time in Bloodmoon. Happy days...

• 140 posts
    June 18, 2016 7:54 AM EDT

Bloodmoon for me. I'm not sure why, but I've always liked the feel of it. Tribunal and Dragonborn would have to be a tie in second place.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    June 18, 2016 8:54 AM EDT

My experience with DLC, so far, is limited to Skyrim.

And I think it would have to be Dawnguard. I just enjoyed that storyline more than Dragonborn. Which isn't to say Dragonborn was bad. I loved both.

Serana is great, the quests are fun, the zones are cool, the Vampire Lord/Werewolf trees are great. It had a very different feel than the rest of Skyrim, yet it still retained a bit of that Skyrim feel. New and familiar. Revisiting, or getting a taste of Morrowind through Solsthiem was helluva fun, and everyone knows I'd sell my soul to Hermaeus Mora. But that questline was dark, gritty, and depressing (all good things).

It made me feel like I was delving into matters better left alone. I followed the black rabbit down his rabbit hole, and it lead me to Cthulhu, and worse yet Cthulhu was expecting me. I was destined to end my Dovahkiin experience with Miraak.

Wait, which am I arguing for again?

Oh yeah, Hearthfire. Cause who doesn't want to find sacks of flour everywhere?

• 261 posts
    June 18, 2016 8:59 AM EDT

I have to agree with you, Blooded- Shivering Isles was magnificent. The story, the setting, and the characters were all really well-done, IMO. Dragonborn is a close second, seeing as how it's a loving tribute to both Morrowind and Lovecraft, but not even Solstheim or Apocrypha could compare to that madhouse, the Isles.

• 261 posts
    June 18, 2016 9:03 AM EDT

Please. 'Entertainers' for Morrowind was better. You could juggle! Tell jokes! Play songs! It was awesome.

• 649 posts
    June 18, 2016 9:13 AM EDT
    To be serious, I'm voting for SI too. Sheogorath's realm is so far my favourite DLC, with all its Manic colors and Dememented depression, with its crazy humor and sadistic acts. Ir is the best DLC, all hands down.

Second is...no, Are Dragonborn and Bloodmoon. Both are technicaly DLCs adding the same thing. One fleshes out Hermaeus, second Hircine. Dragonborn beats Bloodmoon with mind-fucking Lore but Bloodmoon adds much more playability.

Also...3E Solstheim is bigger... xD
    • 261 posts
    June 18, 2016 9:18 AM EDT

What really struck me with Shivering Isles were the people. Pretty much every single NPC was uniquely insane, some in ways I could never have thought of. The effort put into the people of New Sheoth and the small towns were amazing. Of course, the actual story is top-notch too, and it finally saw the introduction of a new Daedric Prince (which hadn't happened since Daggerfall introduced others beyond Mehrunes Dagon). But really, I feel the world itself, and its' people, really stole the show.

• 649 posts
    June 18, 2016 9:28 AM EDT

Yeah, every NPC felt very unique. Each time I walked to someone and started chatting with him/her/it I was thinking: "Now what´s this guy´s prognosis?"

As for Jyggalag...it´s shame we most likely won´t see more of him. He was very interesting Daedric Prince.

• 367 posts
    June 18, 2016 9:57 AM EDT

Cause who doesn't want to find sacks of flour everywhere?

You'll have to visit the Companions sometime...

• 51 posts
    June 18, 2016 10:14 AM EDT

I have to say, something that really sealed the deal for me with how much I like Sheogorath was his voice acting. His dialogue was already perfectly written for someone as mad as him and whoever did his voice did an absolutely amazing job capturing his personality through just the way he said words. 

• 261 posts
    June 18, 2016 10:19 AM EDT

Yep. I particularly like Sheogorath's final dialogue, when he *SPOILERS* becomes Jyggalag. *END SPOILERS* That was very well-done dialogue. 

• 773 posts
    June 20, 2016 4:00 AM EDT

Great topic

I've 'piggy backed' this weeks poll onto this topic - you can now vote on the front page of the site to show your support for your favourite DLC or add on

Before people dive in - yes, I know there are other DLCs like Horse Armor, The Orrery and, indeed, several free add ons for Morrowind as well. But rather than clutter up the poll, I restricted it to the significant and 'separate' addons and DLCs, rather than include all the 'quick download' stuff

• 1595 posts
    June 20, 2016 4:55 AM EDT

Knights of the Nine. Praise Reman! Praise Reman! Praise Reman! 

Or so Pelin-El might say. 

• 113 posts
    June 20, 2016 5:04 AM EDT

I can't choose between Shivering Isles and Dragonborn, so I'd say both!

• 641 posts
    June 20, 2016 5:32 AM EDT

Damn, not much love for the Morrowind DLCs or Knights of the Nine.

• 627 posts
    June 20, 2016 5:38 AM EDT

It was a hard choice between the Knights and the Isles. The Isles won. But I really do love the Knights of the Nine, especially the end part when you awaken in the crypt and emerge to find that the knights thought you had perished.