Forums » The Lounge

Skyrim Remastered: Benefits of Screenshots and Streaming

• 1467 posts
    June 14, 2016 12:41 AM EDT

So, this is perhaps one of the least mentioned benefits of Skyrim Remastered, and hell compared to new fancy graphics for us poor Console Peasants and the ability to play the game with mods it might seem small. But to me this is the real shining point of the new PS4/Xbone version of Skyrim.

From October 28th, we'll have additional options to take screenshots, no longer relying only on PC players to do it (though we won't have console commands to be fair.) and the ability of Streaming will allow a much wider portion of the site to share themselves playing through games, increasing the percentage of members being able to do things like Let's Plays or similar videos.

I'm really excited about this to be honest, but I wanted to ask a couple questions about it.

1. Are you personally excited in how this could change how you play Skyrim?
    2. Are you excited about the changes it could have on the site?
    3. What changes do you think it could have on the site?
    4. What aspect of Skyrim Remastered are you most excited about?
    • 411 posts
    June 14, 2016 12:51 AM EDT
    1. This wont change anything except maybe me playing near vanilla.
    2. Yepp
    3. Some more activity
    4. Easier to stream. Thats the main reason im getting it.
    • 59 posts
    June 14, 2016 9:36 AM EDT
    1. Are you personally excited in how this could change how you play Skyrim? It won't change it, I'm on pc.
    2. Are you excited about the changes it could have on the site? YES
    3. What changes do you think it could have on the site? More modded builds
    4. What aspect of Skyrim Remastered are you most excited about? More mods for you guys
  • Tim
    • 92 posts
    June 14, 2016 11:36 AM EDT

Do you think you'll still need Gold for the xbone for screenshots? I dunno if that's a problem for most people, though, maybe pretty much everybody has it :P

• 40 posts
    June 14, 2016 2:24 PM EDT

You can stream Skyrim from the Xbox One/PS4?

• 136 posts
    June 14, 2016 3:33 PM EDT

You can stream any game from X1 (not sure about PS4, but I think you can), so yes, Skyrim can be Twitch streamed from the X1.

• 40 posts
    June 14, 2016 4:52 PM EDT

Awesome, thanks for telling me Patriarch.

• 1467 posts
    June 14, 2016 5:24 PM EDT

PS4 will let you stream any game through twitch as well, that's why this will be awesome