Forums » Elder Scrolls

The WabbaJack: Fun or Futile?

• 12 posts
    November 21, 2011 3:03 PM EST

Ok so I got the Wabbajack from Sheogorath during "The Mind of Madness"quest.

So I've been playiong around with it, and except for a few instances, it's a wash as a weapon, esp. past level

25 or so. (Where everything seems to become much harder, btw.)

Here's what I found it can do so far:

Delayed fireball explosion when hit (splash damage) will kill lesser monsters like Frostspiders instantly.

Delayed Electrical explosion (effect same as above)

Duplicate: I shot this once a a Giant Frost Spider and TWO of them appears. YIKES.

Transmute: Shot this at a Saber Cat and turned him into a bunny. (Then killed and ate) Muahahah.

Summon Daedric warrior: Yeah..this sucked, and it happened when I shot the Wabbajack at a dragon.

Was not cool at all.

So how about you guys?

What's your experience with this weird weapon?

• 66 posts
    November 21, 2011 9:24 PM EST

Sounds like fun

I wouldn't expect Sheogorath to grant a weapon that's consistently good, the wabbjack is obviously meant to make you go insane

I got Mehrune's razor a few days ago and *SPOILER* it's low damage but can kill instantly *SPOILER*

• 8 posts
    November 21, 2011 11:12 PM EST
    I have had wabby, it's nickname btw :-P, turn folks to sheep and mudcrabs.... I used it on a follower and I get the delayed explosions. But never anything else lol
    • 5 posts
    November 22, 2011 11:08 AM EST

also turns stuff into sweet rolls(epic on giants) and pile of ash with explosion of gold coins

• 1 posts
    November 23, 2011 2:45 AM EST
    I had it heal a boss. That was not one of its better moments.
    • 14 posts
    November 23, 2011 7:19 AM EST

I've only got a staff that is called "Skull of Interrogation". It's a really nice looking staff, looks like the wabbajack but has a skull on top of it. I obtained it from some daedric quest in Dawnstar..

I think you don't need to recharge it with soulgems, but you can suck out peoples dreams when the sleep and recharge it that way... It adds +50 in attack then

• 132 posts
    November 23, 2011 9:22 AM EST

The wabbajack is just something to screw around with really, you're not supposed to use it as a weapon. I remember trying to use it on the Gatekeeper in Shivering Isles... it did absolutely nothing.

• 22 posts
    November 25, 2011 7:35 AM EST
    I'm on the ques right now, haven't been able to continue playing yet :( 

However, it's a weapon granted to you by Sheogorath, the daedric prince of MADNESS. Would only make sense that it's effects are completely unpredictable and often in your disadvantage :P
    • 668 posts
    December 1, 2011 1:34 AM EST

I used it on a Draugr and he turned into Sheogorath who in turn struck me dead. Sucked. It's kind of kitchy and weirdly fun though.

• 2 posts
    December 1, 2011 1:45 AM EST

Its pretty funny, i used it to turn my wife into a chicken for a bit lol

• December 1, 2011 4:38 AM EST

I go it and it was so much fun to use even the more annoying effects because the fun is seeing what it will do. I found it also healed enemies from time to time.

• 17 posts
    December 1, 2011 7:03 AM EST

Very unpredictable!  In my eyes, it is useless except for completing "The Mind of Madness".

• 4 posts
    June 3, 2013 1:46 PM EDT

Hi all,

I'm beginning a play through of Henson's Magician build with fire/destruction replacing conjuration (illusionist pickpocket/speech build).  I'm using wabbajack as my main weapon for creatures I can't calm or fury, does anyone know if the destruction perks work with the fire/frost/electrical attacks the staff does vs. bosses?  I know that the staff's charges are effected by destruction skill, but I want to know if it benefits from perks like augmented flames, or intense flames.

A speech build magic-user relies on scrolls and purchased soul gems for much of their magic use, so a staff is a great weapon in this regard, and for a somewhat mad bosmer magician, the wabbajack is the perfect walking stick; I just want to know if I get a benefit from putting some perks into destruction for it as against "boss" monsters the wabbajack only does elemental damage and therefore acts like a staff of fireball, lightning storm, or ice storm...pretty useful!

• June 3, 2013 2:01 PM EDT

The wabbajack goes really well with the Sanqine Rose. When the staff works in your disadvantage summon a Dremora to help you.

And the most surprising the wabbajack has done... It turned a bunny into a Dremora Lord and I almost pissed myself laughing!

• 1595 posts
    June 3, 2013 3:24 PM EDT

I have a lot of love for this staff and believe it to be a viable weapon, especially in conjunction with Miraak's Staff. Turning an enemy into a pile of gold never gets old - the instant death is very handy, if rare -  while the tentacle spawn will lock down enemies turned into Dremora Lords.

Against dragons I've never seen anything other than powerful elemental attacks which made this staff very handy for ranged combat.

• 2 posts
    July 14, 2014 8:19 AM EDT

It hits constant elemental effects on Dragons and Giants, which is the only thing I personally found useful

• 856 posts
    July 14, 2014 9:04 AM EDT

Everyone here should read Henson's article "Wabbajack: The Probability of Awesome." That should answer many of your Wabbajack, Wabbajack, Wabbajack, Wabbajact, Wabbajack, Wabbajack, Wabbajack, Wabbajack, Wabbajack, Wabbajact, Wabbajack, Wabbajack...

• 163 posts
    July 14, 2014 9:22 AM EDT
    ^This, read it, love it, learn it. Then embrace the Wabbajack. Adventurers of now-a-days, wouldn't know awesome if it turned them into a chicken. *Waggles finger and does the fishstick*
    • 856 posts
    July 14, 2014 9:30 AM EDT

I like the article, but I too want something more reliable in a fight. I play dead is dead, so one invisible bandit chief would mean disaster. I am contemplating playing a bit of a crazy Khajiit, I'll probably use it then.

• 773 posts
    July 14, 2014 9:32 AM EDT

A bit of thread necromancy here 

• 1483 posts
    July 14, 2014 9:36 AM EDT

• 41 posts
    July 18, 2014 5:34 AM EDT
    "Skull of Interrogation"? Seriously?
    • 41 posts
    July 18, 2014 5:38 AM EDT
    The Wabbajack is actually very useful, as if used on a follower, they get scaled to your level (unless they hit their level cap first), but only if they're transformed into something else.
  • July 18, 2014 12:47 PM EDT
    You might be a few years late to correcting this guy.
    • 41 posts
    July 18, 2014 5:11 PM EDT
    Oh... Yeah.