Forums » The Lounge

Your Handedness

• 113 posts
    June 7, 2016 12:41 PM EDT

Hello Tamrielvault! I have 2 questions for this discussion:

1. Are you Right-handed, Left-Handed, Mixed-Handed or Ambidextrous?

2. How do you feel about your handedness?

My answers:

1. I was left handed myself. But turned mixed-handed due to local superstitions and religious stuff.

2. I love & hate it at the same time. Love it because I have so many advantages in sports due to the use of my left. Hate it because most righties think handshaking, giving/taking things with the left is impolite. And almost everything is designed for right handers, along with the fact that the word for correct is right.

• 411 posts
    June 7, 2016 12:50 PM EDT
    1. ambidextrous

2. Meh
    • 122 posts
    June 7, 2016 1:22 PM EDT
    1. Lefty.
    2. I largely find right-handed can openers and such to be a minor daily annoyance I have to learn to adapt to. The worst are those DAMN writing desks every high school and college uses that are made to be horrendously uncomfortable for left-handed students to use. I left many a classroom with a cramp from wrist to shoulder.
    • 203 posts
    June 7, 2016 2:15 PM EDT
    1. I am right handed.
    2. Never, as in absolutely never thought about it. It's not like I could do anything against it if I wanted to.

And Sindeed the fact that the other word for correct is "right" doesn't mean shit: the English still drive on the left side of the road, without noticing that even their own language seems to suggest it's stupid. So if I were you I wouldn't be think too much about it.

And actually while the reason people think saluting with the right hand is more polite stems from right/left handedness, I was lead to understand it's actually impolite to offer a hand other than the one you would wield your sword/blade/weapon with (right for righties and left for lefties). In your case I would not trust you if you offered your right hand, who knows what kind of shit you're holding in that sneaky bastard of a left hand?

• 61 posts
    June 7, 2016 2:21 PM EDT

1. Right-handed

2. I can't imagine living life without being right handed. Everything I do has been optimised for right handedness, the only difference is that I grew up using a left handed mouse when I used my computer because my dad was left handed

• 140 posts
    June 7, 2016 4:37 PM EDT
    1. Right-handed
    2. I really couldn't be phased; As long as I can do everything I normally do, I really don't care which hand is more dominant.
    • 59 posts
    June 7, 2016 8:22 PM EDT

I'm a lefty mostly, though I can use my right with decent success.

I love that I'm a lefty. It stands me apart from my friends and I'm not religious. No one has ever bothered me about that

Fun fact. Ten percent of the world are lefties.

• 66 posts
    June 7, 2016 9:24 PM EDT

This one is left handed, but he doesn't cares.

• 59 posts
    June 7, 2016 10:16 PM EDT

eloquently spoken my friend.

• 113 posts
    June 8, 2016 12:18 PM EDT
    Yes, maybe you were lead to understand that. But not everyone.
    • 321 posts
    June 8, 2016 12:38 PM EDT

1. Left-handed. As much as wanted to try switching to right-handed due to religious stuff, I can't sadly. It has become like an addiction.

2. I'm okay being a lefty. Though when playing sports, I find it a bit difficult to chose which hand I'm comfortable with. Had to force myself to use my right hand whenever I have dinner with my family, again due because of our local superstition/religious belief. *groans*

• 113 posts
    June 8, 2016 12:52 PM EDT
    Heh, totally same about the eating stuff :(
    • 207 posts
    June 8, 2016 1:49 PM EDT

1. I write and lead the fork to my mouth with my left hand, I cut with my right one.

2. As there are more people that are right-handed, I felt special because of it, when I was younger.

• 18 posts
    June 8, 2016 2:30 PM EDT

1. Right Handed

2. I'm glad I'm a righty - makes life easier

• 33 posts
    June 9, 2016 3:52 AM EDT

I'm ambidextrous after months of practice. I like being different and change the way I pronounce words or write to be that way. I enjoy being ambidextrous because I can change how I want to write on a dime (and peoples reactions to what hand I use!) (Or how I pronounce words :D).

• 177 posts
    June 9, 2016 11:14 AM EDT
    1. I am ambidextrous! 
    2. I really like it, as it lets me manipulate things in several ways I couldn't if I were left or right handed! 
    • 133 posts
    June 9, 2016 10:08 PM EDT

1. Are you Right-handed, Left-Handed, Mixed-Handed or Ambidextrous? I'm a leftie and proud, baby

2. How do you feel about your handedness? I love it. It really helps for lacrosse, the sport I play most, because it makes me unique and gives me almost guaranteed more playing time. The only annoying thing is the huge lead lines I get when I'm writing paper essays or exams. 

• 33 posts
    June 10, 2016 2:53 AM EDT

Lol thats why I enjoy be ambidextrous. Means I can write with my right and play sport with my left :D

• 288 posts
    June 10, 2016 6:23 AM EDT

I am two-handed

• 649 posts
    June 10, 2016 6:26 AM EDT

I was waiting for this comment....

• 17 posts
    June 10, 2016 6:27 AM EDT
    Left handedness.

Doesn't bother me, i do martial arts so it helps a bit there.
    • 96 posts
    June 10, 2016 8:54 AM EDT
    1. Ambidextrous, but originally left-handed.
    2. I dont care.
    • 33 posts
    June 11, 2016 1:27 AM EDT

lol nice pun mate!

• 113 posts
    June 11, 2016 10:05 AM EDT