Forums » Elder Scrolls

Virtual Reality Skyrim

• 273 posts
    May 28, 2016 5:07 AM EDT
    Think like a super-advanced oculus rift, allowing for the senses of touch, taste, smell, hearing and sight (duh).

Would you buy it?

and

Where would you want to go in Skyrim to experience these features most?

YES

and

Hard to say... But given the choice, Solitude.
    • 627 posts
    May 28, 2016 5:22 AM EDT

No thanks, I'd be pretty happy if I never have to experience the feeling of being stabbed/shot/burnt/electrocuted/frozen and if they ever made this possible it would almost be guaranteed to happen. So yeah, no thanks.

• 273 posts
    May 28, 2016 5:24 AM EDT

I don't think they'd be allowed to simulate that legally... But I see what you mean.

• 627 posts
    May 28, 2016 6:12 AM EDT

Now it would be a different story if instead of Skyrim, it was that world of Skyrim. If that was the case then I'd have to go with the plains of Whiterun. Being able to walk around them and see way into the distance sounds great 

• 161 posts
    May 30, 2016 4:08 PM EDT

Id go straight to Windhelm to join the DB. Roleplay a entire life as an assassin.

• 273 posts
    May 30, 2016 6:24 PM EDT
    That's the life, eh?
    • 51 posts
    May 31, 2016 1:21 AM EDT

I would buy the crap out of it and never stop playing. With all of my mods it's hard to say where I would go. Most likely I'd head to Windhelm to experience the fast paced combat and adrenaline provided in a certain Pit Fighting mod.

• 288 posts
    May 31, 2016 2:46 AM EDT

Someplace where I can hack lots of enemies with ma greatsword

• 273 posts
    May 31, 2016 5:59 AM EDT

That sounds like it'd be fun, kinda like living as a gladiator from the time of the Roman Empire.

• 641 posts
    May 31, 2016 8:16 AM EDT
    Something like that would be ridiculously expensive.
    • 273 posts
    May 31, 2016 11:24 AM EDT

That's true, but as it becomes more and more popular (and I think that it certainly would, especially in the gaming industry) it's ppri

• 394 posts
    June 10, 2016 6:31 AM EDT

Yes! Id' love it, if I had the money. I'd need to be highly adjustable, you know: because of pain, extreme cold, hunger, sort of thing.

I'd probably head for the geothermal area south of Windhelm (it reminds me of Rotorua in New Zealand) or the squelchy marshes around on the way to Morthal.

• 261 posts
    June 10, 2016 8:36 AM EDT

If there's no pain involved, then I'd love to experience this! I'd go everywhere, touch everything. I'd probably try it as a bunch of different characters as well- from muscular Redguards with warhammers to dainty Altmer with magic. Though... If I feel everything my character feels, I'd imagine it'd be more than a bit odd to roll female characters. (That said, I'd be willing to try that too.). Anyhoo, in short, I'm absolutely down with this theoretical idea. We'll just have to see what the future holds, huh?

• 394 posts
    June 10, 2016 8:41 AM EDT

Thinking about it, I'd probably also do quite indecent things with barmaid wenches, but I won't go into detail...

*runs off to have a cold shower*

• 261 posts
    June 10, 2016 8:44 AM EDT

Who said anything about doing indecent stuff? I'd probably be too busy stabbing things and shouting to really pay attention to being suddenly female. Still, I imagine it would be weird, at least until I get used to it.

• 394 posts
    June 10, 2016 7:49 PM EDT

I was only thinking of myself 

• 261 posts
    June 10, 2016 7:52 PM EDT

Ah, I see. Alright then.