Forums » Elder Scrolls

[Question] Roleplaying question

• 2 posts
    May 22, 2016 9:01 AM EDT

Hi, I'm new in at the roleplaying aspect of the game and I will want to know or have an opinion of people that actually knows more of the game story and background than me. Here is the thing, if I want to be some kind of "servant" or "hero" or "guardian" of a daedric prince or princes, Is that possible? Can I have a nice experience? It "fits" within the game? Does this "screw" some valuable aspect of the game?

I've already read that it might be some kind of taboo, but my character would be like me in the sense that he/she have a complete different mindset about the world and society due to his/her own background story that began the day he/she was born.

In case someone want to bring some help:

• The daedric princess I was thinking is Meridia, my champion being some kind of worst enemy of the necromancers and the undead.  I want him/her to be a priest or something similar and the guy/girl is not really good with swords (he/she is more like a healer/mage kind of guy) until gets rewarded with Dawnbreaker from Meridia herself and starts to impart her justice with that sword. The story is far longer and has a whole background with more details but I'm lazy at writing and it will be harder to make it in english for me since I have a limited knowledge of this language.

Thanks in advance and I apologize for my english, it might be poor since is not my main language.

• 1483 posts
    May 22, 2016 10:31 AM EDT
    The game allows for a lot of flexibility when playing characters like this. My suggestion qould be to read everything you can find about Meridia first. This would give you enough information to create a truly memorable and unique backstory as well as would indicate which quests and actions to avoid.
  • Tom
    • 624 posts
    May 22, 2016 10:36 AM EDT

Seems a reasonable thing to role play.

But I must ask you to repent your loyalty to the wretched Magne'Ge Meridia and take up the cause of the cephalopodal mastermind who has manipulated Daedric Princes towards their own destruction and has bore the title Gardener of Man since the Dawn Era. He who knows all things unknowable and is the master of the tides of fate.

• 54 posts
    May 22, 2016 11:27 AM EDT

That's very reasonable. Azura would also be a good choice, if a dunmer maybe even Boethiah.