Forums » The Lounge

TV Chat: Game of Thrones S6

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    June 27, 2016 7:27 PM EDT

No. We got the bit when she'll have a child again and some of Maggy the Frog to Cersei about her children.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    June 27, 2016 7:28 PM EDT

I don't get it either, and it makes less sense if they wanted to throw girl-power at us. The books are already pretty pro-feminism.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    June 27, 2016 7:35 PM EDT

Why? She's a Bolton

Is she? Her and Tyrion's marriage was never annulled. I know it wasn't consummated, but that doesn't negate it. Unless we're completely discounting it because the Bolton marriage was done under the eyes of the Old Gods.

And I still don't think it matters at all. She's a Stark. Cersei was never a Baratheon. Women don't take their husbands names in ASoIaF, if I recall, except in rare occasions like Lady Dustin and that's usually when there's no other heirs of that family name. Cat was always referred to as Catelyn Tully, not Catelyn Stark.

Regardless, she's the only legitimate heir to Winterfell. Daughters still come before bastards and Jon isn't legitimized. I mean shit, they can have Jon and still rally behind Sansa.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    June 27, 2016 8:17 PM EDT

• 394 posts
    June 28, 2016 4:35 AM EDT

Yes, I was surprised at that. Should have been Sansa. At least it's been confirmed that Jon Snow is Robert Baratheon's son, and thus has a claim on the Iron Throne. 

• 394 posts
    June 28, 2016 4:41 AM EDT

That was sudden, and at first  I thought "Huh! What's he doing there?! He's in Dorne!" 

But then the penny dropped. We now have Dany and her dragons, the Unsullied, half the Iron Islands fleet, the Martells and the Tyrells all descending on the newly installed Queen Cersei.

Wow!

• 394 posts
    June 28, 2016 4:47 AM EDT

Spoilers....

OK, I took it from that that Jon is Robert Baratheon's son. Leandra made Ned promise not to tell Robert You still think Rhaegar? 

I think you're probably right! That of course makes him first in line for the Throne doesn't it?

• 394 posts
    June 28, 2016 4:50 AM EDT

REVENGE!

• 394 posts
    June 28, 2016 4:53 AM EDT

Ewwww.

They may not be blood relatives but they grew up together as brother and sister. Ewwww.

But I thought exactly that with their little moment towards the end: echoes of Jamie and Cersei. 

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    June 28, 2016 4:03 PM EDT

The biggest block to them being married is he's a bastard and they're presumed siblings.  First Cousin marriage, Uncle-Niece marriage, etc weren't uncommon.