Forums » The Lounge

TV Chat: Game of Thrones S6

• 71 posts
    June 27, 2016 11:42 AM EDT

This pretty much sums up my opinion on the episode as well. Awesome finale, but how did Varys get around so quickly? I mean, Dany hardly needs an armada when her spymaster is apparently capable of apparition.

• June 27, 2016 12:24 PM EDT

There were some pictures showing some Tyrell and Dornish ships mixed in with the Armada, which explains how Varys got back so quickly, though not how he got to Dorne that quickly in the first place.

• 649 posts
    June 27, 2016 3:44 PM EDT

Am I the only one who thinks that Jon just doesn´t deserve all this? 

I mean, everytime he does something, someone else appears to save his ass. Halfhand, Mance, Stannis, Melissandra, Little Finger, Knights of the Vale...Just overally, he pretty much screws everything, but always comes out of it like a pro. I like Jon, I really do, but...well, Sansa was through some serious shit and I think Jon would be much better as her Hand or something. But I guess the writers didn´t want a war of Three Queens. 

And I have to say...Cersei really blew it up this episode 

As for Arya...she really killed it. Though it makes me wonder where she got that "mask." You think she skinned the face of that wench? Or she just took a bag full of faces from the House of Black and White? 

I was expecting Varys would go to North, but Dorne makes so much more sence, because Dorne were huge supporters of Targeryens, mainly because their precious Ellia was married to Rhaegar. 

Also...Cersei is fucked. Dorne and Tyrells in the south, Starks in the North and Dany sailing right at King´s Landing...there won´t be much of a war I think. It´s time for the Walking Dead. 

• 67 posts
    June 27, 2016 4:09 PM EDT

Spoilers Ahead

So after watching episode 10, i'm just blown away, not as much as Kings Landing though. The main thing that I wanted to put forward is the R+L+=J theory. So we see in Brans flash back, Ned and Leandra at the tower of joy. Leandra is in a badway after giving birth. She makes Ned promise to not tell anyone who the baby belongs to because Robert would kill it. The only reason robert would kill the child is if it was a threat to the throne - AKA a Tagaryen. That baby is Jon Snow and his father is Rhaegar Tagaryen (which makes Jon the heir to the Iron throne technically - and Dannerys's nephew). Anyone else have thoughts on this??

• 1441 posts
    June 27, 2016 4:17 PM EDT

#KyloIsSecretlyJon

• 649 posts
    June 27, 2016 4:18 PM EDT

I´m still not 100% sold on this theory. There is still some part of me who just doesn´t want to believe in what seems obvious. 

What precisely Lyanna said? "If Robert finds out, he´ll....you know he will. You have to protect him." 

I keep hearing everywhere that Jon is Rhaegar´s son, but part of me thinks that he might be Robert´s son, but I can´t explain Lyanna´s words following that thought.

".... Baratheon, hair of black." Anyone remember this? 

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    June 27, 2016 4:21 PM EDT

You had to pay close attention to the ships to see the Martell sun though. All we needed was a little bit of text with a "few months later" or something to clue us in. Really discombobulating.

• 1441 posts
    June 27, 2016 4:28 PM EDT

Well, considering he was, if I recall, born out of wedlock, wouldn't he still be a bastard? 

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    June 27, 2016 4:36 PM EDT

Lyanna*

But this theory has been around for decades. You can guess it reading just the first book (it was Dany's visions in the house of the undying that confirmed it for me). Robert wouldn't have killed Rahegar's child for being a threat to his throne. Being Rhaegar's child and a Targaryen is sufficient. He fucking hates Rhaegar for taking Lyanna from him. He'd hate Rhaegar even more for knocking her up.

But alas, he's still a bastard. A Targaryen and a Stark bastard, but still a bastard. He has no claim to the Iron Throne. Dany comes before him as the last trueborn Targaryen.

Hell, this is why I'm miffed they make him KINGINDANORF. Sansa is the only Stark left as far as they know. Which makes her Rob's only heir. In the book it's heavily hinted (I think so at least) that Rob legitimized Jon in his will before going to the Red Wedding, and his Will was sent north by Maege Mormont and Galbartt Glover.

Now Cat, Edmure, Maege, Galbart, Jason Mallister, and Greatjon Umber all witness Rob's will and who he names as successor.

And we have women leading northern houses. Maege Mormont coming first to my mind. So since the show is ignoring the Robb's will plot, it should be Sansa.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    June 27, 2016 4:37 PM EDT

The timeline simply doesn't work out for that to be true.

• 1441 posts
    June 27, 2016 4:48 PM EDT

Plus, wouldn't we get mention of Robert thrusting his blade into Lyanna's sccabard?

• 641 posts
    June 27, 2016 4:49 PM EDT

I don't understand why fuck anybody would leave Meereen for the shithole that is the Seven Kingdoms.

• 557 posts
    June 27, 2016 4:53 PM EDT

A better and larger economy, larger landmass, more cities, more subjects, and for a Targaryen there's the whole "birthright" thing. 

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    June 27, 2016 4:54 PM EDT

Vengeance. Justice. Fire and blood.

• 641 posts
    June 27, 2016 4:56 PM EDT

Screw all of that, I'd rather stay where it's sunny and they have cool giant pyramids.

• 557 posts
    June 27, 2016 5:01 PM EDT

YOU might. Someone who wants to rule most likely would not. 

Look at real-world politics. Most politicians want to continue rising through the ranks, not stay at a low position. Why be a mayor when you can be president?

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    June 27, 2016 5:01 PM EDT

Then console Dario's jock ass in your cesspit of Planetos Iraq.

• 641 posts
    June 27, 2016 5:03 PM EDT

I'd rather rule Essos than Westeros anyday.

• 557 posts
    June 27, 2016 5:14 PM EDT

Look at it from the perspective of a Targaryen. Westeros is your birthright. That's where you would likely want to rule if you were one of them. 

• 641 posts
    June 27, 2016 5:21 PM EDT

After building a kingdom and an army from scratch I doubt I would throw it all a way on a place I had never even been to.

• 557 posts
    June 27, 2016 5:34 PM EDT

You definitely aren't a Targaryen then.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    June 27, 2016 5:38 PM EDT

Vengeance. Justice. Fire and blood.

That was a slap on the face of all book readers. I liked the adaptation of that speech (because Varys saved it) and the previous scene (because the Queen of Thorns throwed those Sand Things to the ground where they belong), but why the hell couldn't they have left Siddig's Doran alive so he could give that speech like he does in the books?

I will never get over it. The only explanation I can find as to why they killed Doran  is that D&D were trying to shove some girl power crap down on our throats... And that's after they decided not to include Arianne Martell, who is the heir to the Dornish throne anyway!

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    June 27, 2016 6:00 PM EDT

[Spoilers and all] Unlike most people, I'm not sure I'd prefer having Sansa as Queen instead of Jon, from a story perspective. Personally? Sure.

Why? She's a Bolton and is being played by Littlefinger for all the Northern lords know, they barely know her,  and she didn't bleed on the battlefield for the North. Yes, she conquered the North with the Knights of the Vale, but it was Jon who was out there fighting, it was Jon who defended the Wall. The Northerners would prefer having a battlefield hero as a King, someone easier to rally behind and who still has Ned's blood. (It doesn't matter if he's Rhaegar's child. Only Bran and possibly two girls know about it, and even if they come out and say it, would people believe in it? I don't think so, sadly... I would like to see Jon ending up together with Sansa.)

And they needed to further cement Sansa's wariness and Littlefinger's manipulation. You know something like that is coming.

But don't worry, Sansa will be the Queen in the end.

• 67 posts
    June 27, 2016 6:06 PM EDT

Well we can all agree that he is defiantly not Neds child but Lyana's. And if he is Rhaegars child and not the heir to the throne I guess it would make him not just a bastard but a royal bastard lol.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    June 27, 2016 6:06 PM EDT

[A Clash of Kings/A Dance with Dragons/GOT EP 10 spoilers] Did we ever get Dany's three betrayals prophecy in the show? Anyway, the finale pretty much confirmed Daario will be the Love betrayer, the final one.

The first one was the witch in AGOT (by Blood) and the second one was either Jorah or that captain of a mercenary company in the books (By Gold), I think? Ben Plumm or something.