Forums » The Lounge

TV Chat: Game of Thrones S6

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    May 8, 2016 11:09 PM EDT

[Spoilers for GOT S6 EP3 and the books] First of all, I must say that I always knew Dolorous Edd would be King at the Wall. I just hope Jon doesn't leave him all by himself once the Others come crashing down the ice cube.

Second of all, I'm excited to see Mastermind Littlefinger is coming back next week. And it looks like the Vale is coming down with him, which contributes to the theory that the Vale, the North and what's left of the Riverlands under Blackfish and... Cat and the Brotherhood? will be united under Sansa or Jon. (I vote for Sansa, because she's hot. Let her rule and let Jon command her armies).

It's always nice to watch the scenes with the High Sparrow, and this week's wasn't any different. It's cool to see how he masterfully brings Tommen to an equal ground, making sure the seeds of doubt are planted inside the kid's mind if he ever decides to do anything harsh, or if he is compelled to do anything harsh.

Can't wait to see Cersei's trial! Really, really hope the Faith puts the Hound forward (if he is indeed alive).

Also, it's sad to see Jaime is acting so submissive to Cersei. I much prefer the book Jaime that burns her letters while he's in Riverwood. By the way... Where's Bron?

Other than that, really liked seeing Varys work, since we don't really get to see that in the books. He is one of the characters who can best play the game, alongside Littlefinger, the Queen of Thorns, the High Sparrow and (book) Doran and (book) Manderly. 

And I hope Varys shows Qyburn who's boss.

[EDIT] Oh, and I forgot to say how awesome seeing the Tower of Joy scene was. Really good, liked how they showed Howland too, gives me hope that we will see him again.

• 1441 posts
    May 8, 2016 11:15 PM EDT

[Spoilers for GOT S6 EP3 and the books] Well, there is the theory in the books that the tall monk is The Hound

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    May 8, 2016 11:23 PM EDT

[Spoilers for GOT S6 EP3 and the books] Remember to put up a spoiler warning. But yes, that's what I was thinking. It would be awesome to see that conflict: one brought back to "life" through magic and alchemy and the other one "brought back" to life by the Faith. An interesting conflict.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    May 9, 2016 11:54 AM EDT

Summer is Bran's wolf. Shaggydog is Rickon's. And it wasn't Shaggydog's head. That thing was waaaaaaay too small for a direwolf.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    May 9, 2016 11:56 AM EDT

Oh, and I forgot to say how awesome seeing the Tower of Joy scene was. Really good, liked how they showed Howland too, gives me hope that we will see him again.

You mean the biggest fucking cockblock in living memory?

• 1441 posts
    May 9, 2016 12:32 PM EDT

They should rename it the Tower of Cockblock

• 71 posts
    May 9, 2016 9:54 PM EDT

At this point I have to wonder what role Bran is going to play. If it's true, and he did *spoiler* get his father's attention in the flashback, then his powers may be more than just warging.  I wasn't sure if I'd like Bran's story at the beginning of the season, but I'm really enjoying it. Having Esbern as the three-eyed raven helps, too, of course.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    May 9, 2016 11:45 PM EDT

His greenseeing is an extension of his warging.

• May 15, 2016 11:28 PM EDT

*Season 6 Episode 4 and prior spoilers*

Ramsay is getting predictable and honestly kind of stale. I know they always need some kind of off the wall bonkers and inhumanly cruel person in this show, but...I don't know, I can't shake this feeling that D&D are playing favorites here to the detriment of other characters. Does anyone honestly think Roose motherfucking Bolton would get caught off guard that easily, especially by Ramsay?

Maybe I'm just salty because Roose was such an intimidating character in the books and, despite the actor being really good, that never came across in the show. I have the same feelings about what's going in Dorne, except the Sand Snakes are several times worse than Ramsay (who at least is very well acted) and Dorian was even more underutilized than Roose. I'm just glad we have seen Dorne ever since Dorian and Areo died. Fuck Dorne.

Also Jaime is just kinda...there. They don't really know what to do with him.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    May 16, 2016 12:13 AM EDT

Preaching to the choir.

I can only see this show as D&D's fanfic. There is nothing here I'd call A Song of Ice and Fire.

• 1441 posts
    May 16, 2016 12:21 AM EDT

I mean, Ramsay was pretty fked up in the books, I kind of like how the show made us think he was eating Theon´s pork sausage, and kind of left it up in the air. I mean, I can actually see Ramsay eating human flesh 

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    May 16, 2016 12:51 AM EDT

This show is nothing but dick jokes and actress' tits.

Compared to the books which had a major secondary/tertiary character whose dialogue was almost exclusively about how big is dick was and how small everyone else's is.

P.S. I love book Tormund.

• 1441 posts
    May 16, 2016 12:56 AM EDT

Well, South Park got it right

Wiener, wiener, wiener....wiener party

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    May 16, 2016 1:13 AM EDT

Like... I can't decide how to respond to that. I dislike it and I find Matt and Trey to be annoying jackoffs, but I still watch it at times. At least they make fun of everyone?

• 649 posts
    May 16, 2016 1:21 AM EDT

I do like Tyrion and Varys in the show, but I´m irritated to no end that Selmy is dead. It was him who should rule Meereen as Hand of the Ki...Queen.

And Jaime...yeah, he´s kind of there. I wonder if they bring up Lady Stoneheart to get rid of him... 

And don´t get me started on Sansa being married to Ramsay. What a bullshit. Baelish isn´t that stupid. It should have been like it is in the books. Baelish could gain much more if he married her to someone from the Veil, most likely Robert.

• 1441 posts
    May 16, 2016 1:44 AM EDT

True, and can someone please murdeer Ramsay? I´m somehow finding him worse than Joeffrey? 

• 649 posts
    May 16, 2016 2:11 AM EDT

He´s worse because he´s actually smart, not a spoiled brat like Joeffrey. But mark my words, Jon will be the one effing him.

• 1441 posts
    May 16, 2016 2:31 AM EDT

True. I mean, both are sadistic, but Ramsay is smart about it. He BREAKS people, unless Joff who just offed them. Ramsay, like his forefathers, slowly, and methodically maims his enemies, making so they can´t escape, physically, and mentally. If, and I hope, Theon manages to regain more of his old self, and kill Ramsay with Jon. Maybe Theon will feed Ramsay his own dick before he dies, as a final ¨F You¨ to Ramsay

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    May 22, 2016 10:56 PM EDT

Oh shit. That was massive. Oh shit. I don't know what to say for now, other than that the difference between plots made by GRRM and the ones made/adapted by D&D is crystal clear. It just makes me want to see Winds of Winter released even more, and I can't say the possibility that GRRM will never finish ASOIAF doesn't scare me to hell...

And also... Hold the door.

• May 22, 2016 11:05 PM EDT
    Hold me.
  • Mr.
    • 763 posts
    May 22, 2016 11:17 PM EDT

Oh yes. The great tactics the Unsullied employed back in S4 was a display of their legendary skills and discipline.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    May 22, 2016 11:27 PM EDT

A boy has no words.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    May 23, 2016 5:12 AM EDT

I am damn near speechless.

Hold the door.

• 649 posts
    May 23, 2016 12:51 PM EDT

Damn....

Hold the door. 

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    May 23, 2016 1:35 PM EDT

Mark me. That is the new Winter is Coming.

Hold the door.