Forums » Elder Scrolls

Delphine The Greatest Grandmaster

• 237 posts
    March 19, 2016 12:11 PM EDT

If Paarthy was trying to become an overlord of pretty much anything, he pretty much failed. I think it's obvious he didn't want to rule anything or anyone at the point he started teaching the Voice.

Not like it's true just because it's on some stone tablet, but more like it was written on a stone tablet because it's at least mostly true?  You don't see stone tablets all over Skyrim, and the ones you do see are mostly recording verifiable historical information.

• 585 posts
    March 20, 2016 11:40 AM EDT

I've never understood the hate for Delphine. I have to admit that I do enjoy using the insulting options to repsond to her where possible, but thats just for a laugh. She's a no nonsense Dragon-slaying-katana-weilding bad ass, with some slight attitude problems. But I think this makes her more likeable, spices up the otherwise bland stew of boring NPCs that litter the rest of Skyrim.

• 1595 posts
    March 20, 2016 3:35 PM EDT

Thing is, what did Way of the Voice do? Dragons died as the tide turned and the Nords started winning the war. Yet Jurgen and Paarthy between them effectively cut the balls off the race. The one thing that was a genuine threat to paarthurnax was in hands of pacifists dedicated to him.

• 1595 posts
    March 20, 2016 6:02 PM EDT

• March 21, 2016 5:32 AM EDT

Yes and my point being, grandmaster of the ORDER of Talos, not grandmaster of the emperors personal guard, and yes it seems like this was meant to provoke Only a few of us have the honor to serve publicly in the Imperial Guard, meaning Baurus, that Jaggy bugger Glenroy and the Bull dyke who led them all out to their deaths

• 96 posts
    March 21, 2016 6:28 AM EDT
    What? You really used it? xD
    • 1595 posts
    March 21, 2016 8:30 AM EDT

If you can provide me with solid evidence that when Baurus (the Blade) refers to Jauffre as "The Grandmaster of our order" he isn't actually referring to the Blades but a separate faction then I will cease this crusade, deal? 

Your argument begs the question, if Jauffre wasn't in fact the Grandmaster of the Blades but actually the Grandmaster of the Order of Talos, who was the Grandmaster of the Blades in 3E 433?

• 41 posts
    March 22, 2016 8:50 AM EDT

Well you know what they say, Phil, a realist is what an optimist calls a pessimist, character bio aside, I do wish they had written the blades section of the game a lot better than what it was, but why complain now eh ? I'm still playing the game five years after it's release

• 4 posts
    March 23, 2016 10:46 AM EDT

Four words: Thank you very fucking much. I've always seen her as the leader an organization like the Blades needs to do what is necessary for the greater good. Adhering to the bigeer picture, undeterred by irrelevant nonsense like circumstances and emotional attachments. Team Delphine all the way. +1

• 1441 posts
    March 23, 2016 3:13 PM EDT

If I recall, the Order of Talos is a monkhood that is also a cover for retired and aging Blades