Forums » Elder Scrolls

Would you like an Elder Scrolls Real Time Strategy Game?

• 224 posts
    February 29, 2016 4:58 AM EST

Hello everyone!

Medieval here,

What do you think about a new Elder Scrolls game but this time a different genre, a real time strategy game (RTS), personally I enjoy a lot a good RTS game, like Starcraft II, Warcraft III, Age of Empires, and others similar, I have to admit Starcraft II and Warcraft III are games really well made in terms of balance, races, units, skills, system, etc.

Just remember the Civil War Quest of Skyrim, imagine you could control your soldiers, take decisions and choose what next step will bring your faction the victory, you have to think on resources, kind of troops to train, kind of units, technology, magic, where to attack, etc. Elder Scrolls Online have some of strategy and tactics on pvp, its really fun how everyone organize through groups talking in "team speak" and making a little strategy, that's is really good, but what do you think If a real RTS game about Elder Scrolls world about Civil war, some kind of Daedric threat, some Necromancer threat or any reason to be factions or sides fighting each other, I think that would be so awesome.

I will make a new post about what I would make If I had the opportunity to make an RTS game about Elder Scrolls, the factions, units, buildings, tech tree and more, I will add pics and concepts.

So the question still is: Would you like or play an Elder Scrolls Real Time Strategy Game?

Would be nice to know, thanks :)

• 140 posts
    February 29, 2016 7:29 AM EST

While I do like RTS games, I personally wouldn't like an Elder Scrolls RTS game. Perhaps if there's only one RTS-like Questline, such as a Civil War, where you have to decide on things like how many Archers to have, will you send in Catapults, etc.

For example, if there's a fort you need to capture , you could select a map (Such as the map in the Palace of the Kings or Castle Dour) and choose where and how to attack. Even then, I'd still prefer it if you could send your character in as well as other troops you've assigned to the battle, maybe something like the battle only starts when your character arrives.

• 27 posts
    February 29, 2016 8:41 AM EST

There is the Elder Scrolls, Total War mod for Medieval 2 if your looking for an Elder Scrolls RTS. But yes I would like a proper dedicated RTS that let me sack the the Crystal tower in all its Glory.

• 773 posts
    February 29, 2016 9:33 AM EST

I think Elder Scrolls: Legends will cover elements of that genre. Admittedly, it looks to be more of a Hearthstone-style collectible card game than a pure RTS, but it will have strategic elements for sure

Perhaps if Elder Scrolls Legends is a big hit, they'll consider doing a full on RTS game.

• 224 posts
    February 29, 2016 12:58 PM EST

Thanks for the info Paul, would be nice to see a new genre related to Elder Scrolls world

• 224 posts
    February 29, 2016 1:01 PM EST

I agree with you, would be nice a proper RTS game of Elder Scrolls

• 224 posts
    February 29, 2016 1:02 PM EST

Well I can tell you Elder Scrolls Online in pvp have some of that

• 411 posts
    February 29, 2016 1:09 PM EST
    It would be cool to have a game about the Tyrant and False God Tiber Septims conquest of Tamriel.
    • 224 posts
    February 29, 2016 1:11 PM EST

Would be nice

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    February 29, 2016 1:44 PM EST

Not really. If it came out an it had good game play I'd buy it, but I wouldn't want any resources taken away from TES: VI, TES: VII, TES: VIII, etc.

I continue to play Age of Empires II a few times a week. Battle for Middle-Earth is a good strategy game I download and play every now and then. A TES RTS sounds fun, but that isn't the genre of game TES is really for, which is why I think ESO sucks. Single player role playing games are what the Elder Scrolls is about.

• 1441 posts
    February 29, 2016 1:55 PM EST

What do you think of Elder Scrolls Legends?

• 312 posts
    February 29, 2016 7:03 PM EST
    Honestly, I'm neither for nor against an Elder Scrolls RTS spinoff. It would depend solely on execution and presentation for me.
  • Mr.
    • 763 posts
    February 29, 2016 9:23 PM EST

Only if it was a mix between RTS and turn based strategy. Yes, that's Total War again. [Sorry, but my small yellow faces are missing]

There are likely mods or at least there were attempts to bring an Elder Scrolls setting to Total War (I believe Alduin or someone even worked on such a conversion), but it would be sweet to see a collaboration between Bethesda and Creative Assembly on an official title, like GW and CA are doing now with Warhammer Fantasy.

By the way, a new battle gameplay came out today. I really like Joey and Will.

• 288 posts
    March 1, 2016 4:29 AM EST

Nah, I want it to be turn-based. Something like Civilization, or HMM, or the good old Warlords.

• March 13, 2016 2:51 PM EDT

Personally I would love to see either a pure RTS or hybrid RTS/RPG Elder Scrolls game. Having a mix and the RTS side of it optional through the menu wouldn't deter RPGers from playing it if they're not into strategy gaming. 

If we could control the soldiers and our followers, as well as taking our character into battle (1st/3rd person) then it makes it more enjoyable as our soldiers aren't just running around firing arrows at whatever, but are ready to attack on our command.

I am currently playing Call of Duty: Heroes which is an RTS game. Sometimes they can be boring because the developers are trying to get the players to part with cash so they make the wait for resources and buildings extremely long and it ruins everything. But this is a free game so I should expect it really. I would enjoy this more if whilst waiting for resources and/or building queues to finish, I could go into battle as my character and fight.  I think one of the CoD games, or perhaps a Battlefield game has an RTS command section to it, I cannot remember exactly which one though (BF4?).