Forums » Fallout

Let's speculate about Automatron

• 773 posts
    February 18, 2016 1:02 PM EST

OK, we heard yesterday that the first three pieces of Fallout 4 DLC are just around the corner. And the first DLC will be out in just a few short weeks - when 'Automatron' arrives. This is what we KNOW...

The mysterious Mechanist has unleashed a horde of evil robots into the Commonwealth, including the devious Robobrain. Hunt them down and harvest their parts to build and mod your own custom robot companions. Choose from hundreds of mods; mixing limbs, armor, abilities, and weapons like the all-new lightning chain gun. Even customize their paint schemes and choose their voices!

We don't know a whole lot. But that isn't going to stop us speculating

So let's talk about Automatron. What are you hoping for? What are you expecting?

• 411 posts
    February 18, 2016 1:07 PM EST
    In fallout 3 you meet the Mechanist. But hes a good guy. Perhaps a fan who took his identity?
    • 1441 posts
    February 18, 2016 1:08 PM EST

I hope the Mechanist appears. I wonder, could this be our friend from the Commonwealth, possibly cannonizing his survival, or could it be another cosplayer gone mad? Or, could it be the original actor who played the Mechanist, now a deluded Ghoul? 

• 641 posts
    February 18, 2016 2:04 PM EST

I hope we get to build a giant Liberty Prime-esq robot 

• 1441 posts
    February 18, 2016 3:20 PM EST

I think that would be too OP, but awesome

• 485 posts
    February 18, 2016 6:17 PM EST
    What I'd like to see is a new area of the commonwealth to explore. There's a lot they can add onto both the northern and southern boundaries of the common wealth
    • 1217 posts
    February 18, 2016 7:10 PM EST
    For $10 I doubt they'll open up more map spaces. Maybe a dungeon or two to confront the Mechanist? But I feel like they'd have advertised that with the announcement like they did for Far Harbor. I could definitely go for more space to explore!
  • Mr.
    • 763 posts
    February 18, 2016 7:11 PM EST

I hope the story is a compelling, well written and captivating piece. That's all that matters in the end, if good acting is put together with a crappy script, the play is doomed to fail.

Other than that, the new lightning chain gun sure sounds like a fun, solid way to toast food kill raiders.

• 1217 posts
    February 18, 2016 7:12 PM EST
    I dunno, but yeah I hope they actually appear as a boss. The description made it sound like there might be a quest line attached, but it wasn't really clear. We'll probably know in a couple of weeks, though. March is already almost here!
    • 490 posts
    February 18, 2016 7:42 PM EST
    I am hoping for another John Henry Eden situation but more expansive. An AI unit that ran amok and is making machines to "bring peace" to the wasteland by killing everything else.
    • 1441 posts
    February 18, 2016 7:46 PM EST

And replacing them with robots

• 773 posts
    February 19, 2016 4:36 AM EST

Do people think that when it says 'build and mod your own custom robot companions', it means that you can have more than one at once?

• 627 posts
    February 19, 2016 4:39 AM EST

I'm thinking it might be like the current companions, you can recruit/build more than one but you can only have one with you at the time. I would like to be wrong 

• 622 posts
    February 19, 2016 5:08 AM EST

Damn, keen for this! I wanna blow things up with my bots 

• 134 posts
    February 19, 2016 12:15 PM EST

Hopefully you can mod heavy weapons onto robots, I want to have a hulking sentry bot with nukes and missiles, but modded to have that cheery Mr. Handy voice.

"What's all this, then?" ~ *Violent explosions*

Sending robots to settlements is something I'd also like to see, as guards most likely; definitely want to make a legion of identical robots to crush anyone invading my marina! But who knows, maybe they'll throw in some parts that let you make more Drinkin' Buddies? 

• 404 posts
    February 19, 2016 4:52 PM EST

great, now thinking of the Terminator series, and the Syths already look and are them.

• 485 posts
    February 20, 2016 9:33 AM EST

They might count as more of a pet in a sense, allowing for one robot companion along side a normal companion. 

• 113 posts
    February 23, 2016 2:09 AM EST

To do list:-

1. Make new character.

2. Intelligence all up to 10.

3. Get lab coat and eyeglasses.

4. Bot mania!

• 627 posts
    February 25, 2016 5:18 PM EST

When this comes out I want to be able to stick the arms of a sentry bot onto the body of an eye bot, I think that would be amazing if it's possible 

• 1441 posts
    February 25, 2016 5:30 PM EST

I wanna make some sort of Frankenbot