Forums » Elder Scrolls

Dragon killing techniques

• 98 posts
    April 3, 2012 10:12 AM EDT

I was just wondering what your techniques were when dealing with the ugly flying beasts.

Normally i chose to summon a frost and storm thrall and let them have at it while blast at it with fireballs, or if I'm playing as my argonian normally two or three power attacks with my duel daedric daggers does the job.

• 856 posts
    April 3, 2012 11:56 AM EDT

It depends which character I'm playing.  Sometimes I pelt it w/ arrows.  Or maybe I run to the closest civilization (or creature if not near civilization) to get some help.  Another character may wait for it to land and then charge in.  Others may use magic - destruction, or a summoned atronach, or both (but not the same type as it's breath).  If I have a shout that works (breath attack, marked for death, etc.) I usually use that regardless of my character.  I always try to find some type of cover so I can avoid it's breath, as well.

• 29 posts
    April 3, 2012 11:58 AM EDT

Sneak attack

that way I have done as much damage possible before he/she realises I am there.

If he/she is near a town or mammoths I let them deal with and watch from a safe distance with my horse as we have a picnic

i only use one character btw