Forums » The Lounge

Valentine's Day... Were you prepared?

• 367 posts
    February 14, 2016 3:59 AM EST

What have you done for Valentine’s Day?

It’s here once more; yes it’s Valentine’s Day. The most romantic day for the ladies and yet the bane for most of us men.

What have you done for your Love of loves,

your rose of roses,

your oasis in the hot desert sun?

Me? I was up at six this morning and headed to work.  When Aela wakes up she’ll find a flask of coffee by her bed so she won’t have to get up straight away and can watch trashy TV in bed. Lying on my pillow is a bouquet of flowers waiting for her when she wakes up.

(Providing the dog doesn’t eat them…..)  

• 649 posts
    February 14, 2016 4:13 AM EST

I was prepared. I bought my gf a book three weeks ago. And gave it to her three weeks ago. This means I won´t have to deal with Valentine´s bullshit now 

• 411 posts
    February 14, 2016 4:19 AM EST
    I dont have a girlfriend or boyfriend at the moment so i will do nothing. While yes there is a person whom i love quite dearly they already have someone else and i am content with just being a good friend at the moment.
    • 367 posts
    February 14, 2016 4:19 AM EST

Typical bloody Orc…..   I weep for the species…   

• 649 posts
    February 14, 2016 4:25 AM EST

Yeah, we just express our love differently than you weaklings. We don´t need some commercial holiday to do that. 

• 367 posts
    February 14, 2016 4:28 AM EST

Opps…

When you’ve been in a long term relationship (Married 14 years come August 31, 2pm) you tend to forget there are those who are alone this time of year. Heart goes out to you all.

Great and my reputation for being the Bad Wolf of the blog is now lost forever…

Sotek, the Soppy wolf of the Blog…

• 367 posts
    February 14, 2016 4:29 AM EST

Book? Shouldn't it be a club or something heavy so she can bash you over the head with it?

Then again, if it was a BIG book...

• 411 posts
    February 14, 2016 4:31 AM EST
    Orcs typically make books out of the bones of the weak.
    • 321 posts
    February 14, 2016 4:32 AM EST

Books are food for your brains. It just depends on how you feed it.

• 649 posts
    February 14, 2016 4:35 AM EST

It´s a big book...

Plus, they didn´t have a club in bookstore... 

• 1595 posts
    February 14, 2016 5:06 AM EST

Good luck when you get home mate  We're rooting for ya. Wait, am I allowed to be so crass? She visits this site, no?

As for the preparation question: nah, I ain't never prepared for shit. I trust in my luck and badass 007 smoothness to win the day

Maybe I will be sleeping alone tonight...

• 393 posts
    February 14, 2016 5:10 AM EST

Sotek, you are continuing to surprise us all by how nice you are. Aela is lucky to have such a cool husband as you))

• 649 posts
    February 14, 2016 5:13 AM EST

Badass 007 smoothness? Who are you talking about, Phil? 

• 1595 posts
    February 14, 2016 5:19 AM EST

Get tusked Karves

• 367 posts
    February 14, 2016 5:24 AM EST

Aww thanks Thorien 

I'm the lucky one... Aela said so

• 393 posts
    February 14, 2016 5:35 AM EST

Probably you're both lucky

• 490 posts
    February 14, 2016 9:42 AM EST
    I bought my fiancé a subscription to Foot Cardigan (goofy socks every month) and I got Batman vs. Superman legos.

Best.

Valentine's Day.

Ever.
    • 773 posts
    February 14, 2016 11:36 AM EST

Ultra-trad here

Bunch of red roses and a card for the wife

Got a card and some chocolate (heart-shaped) in return

• 87 posts
    February 14, 2016 11:39 AM EST

I do not have anyone to Valentine's Day with so... I'm good there XD

• 21 posts
    February 14, 2016 3:27 PM EST

Seeing as I'm currently single... Well, there's not a whole lot of prepare for then. It's been a good day regardless, got some studying done, played some games and cried in a corner.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    February 14, 2016 4:40 PM EST

I have been preparing to make my move for almost a year! I just landed my army, under the command of the Duke of Wellington, in Normandie, France. We have already conquered a city, and Napoleon is now getting fishy, since I'm so close to Paris... I bet he doesn't like my new, gigantic Ship of the Line under the command of Admiral Nelson either. It has more than 100 cannons! I'm coming, Villaneuve... This time, Mr. Nelson won't die!

I mean, yeah. Single here. And I'm almost certain we Brazilians commemorate Valentines Day in another date. Or perhaps we do it twice a year.  I usually don't know about that kind of stuff until a week or so earlier...

Anyway, I was meant to meet some friends in one of those friends' house yesterday, but that went downhill. So I stayed home mostly, delving back into Napoleon: Total War and reading a bunch of threads back in the Total War Warhammer forums.

• 694 posts
    February 14, 2016 10:03 PM EST

Wowww! Good work on the preparedness, Sotek!  What a lucky pair you are. 

• 367 posts
    February 15, 2016 3:53 PM EST

Sounds like a fair trade to me.

• 367 posts
    February 15, 2016 10:26 PM EST

The hardest part was hiding them. Aela's very suspicious...

• 694 posts
    February 15, 2016 10:35 PM EST

And did you manage to surprise her this year or did she... sniff them out??  Wolf humor. Sad trombone. Hircine help me, because I cannot help myself.