Forums » General Gaming

Favorite Video Game Music

• 1467 posts
    February 5, 2016 2:13 AM EST

We all play video games, I'd like to hope most of us listen to music, to me these two combined are just the most glorius thing ever created. So I wanted to ask my fellow gamers this.

What are your favorite video game songs or Soundtracks?

My favorite Soundtrack is either the Witcher 3 which I constantly listen to, or Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag (I'll admit it, the shanties made the game 20 times better than 3 or Unity, at least) while my favorite song would be The Dawn will Come from Dragon Age Inquisition. 

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    February 5, 2016 10:53 AM EST

I haven't finished Witcher 3, but so far it has some of the best soundtrack I've ever heard. I'd say it's on par with Morrowind.

I absolutely love the music that plays in Skellige, it's so atmospheric and beautiful.

• 700 posts
    February 5, 2016 6:48 PM EST
    I can only think of a couple offhand and they're both from Skyrim. I'll dig a little deeper once I get home, but for now, I can confidently say that Sovngarde and A Chance Meeting are definite favorites.
    • 1467 posts
    February 5, 2016 7:03 PM EST

Agreed, it really is a wonderful score, personally my favorites are the combat music, I've even got a mod that adds some of it into Skyrim.

See, I always liked Oblivion's soundtrack more than Morrowind's, but they're just so similar (A lot of the music seems retouched from Morrowind) but hey, the music on the loading screen just, it's just amazing. 

• 700 posts
    February 5, 2016 9:13 PM EST

Right, so as promised, I came up with a more complete list of favorite vidya game songs that.

The Flood Theme Song from Halo: Combat Evolved. I don't know if this has an official title, but if you've played, then I think you can immediately recall the tune. Honestly, I'm pretty sure that every song in this game is fantastic. This was just the first to come to mind after the theme song, because that would have been too obvious. 

Mad World, from Gears of War 3, Battlefield 3 main theme, and pretty much every Bioshock Infinite song. 

• 54 posts
    February 5, 2016 9:20 PM EST

Terraria had some really catchy soundtracks, not the best I've heard, but really, really good and catchy. Did I mention they're catchy? 

• 13 posts
    February 5, 2016 9:23 PM EST
    I have to say without a doubt that Mass Effect 2's soundtrack is absolutely amazing, other than that, Halo and Fallout 3 have great music too
    • 558 posts
    May 19, 2016 5:41 PM EDT
    I think Bastion has my favorite soundtrack, but there are a lot of soundtracks that I quite enjoy.
    • 6 posts
    May 19, 2016 6:52 PM EDT

I've played so many games with amazing music (Witcher, Skyrim, Dragon Age, etc) but one of my favorite pieces is Dragon Roost Island from The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. There's an amazing rendition out there played by the London Philharmonic Orchestra and it is without a doubt one of the best performances I have ever heard.

• 8 posts
    May 20, 2016 2:09 PM EDT

Mass Effect series, Skyrim and Deux Ex Human Revolution..

Although, the opera singing from Final Fantasy 6 really was something else too. Had me going emotionally and few games do that to me

• 54 posts
    May 20, 2016 3:55 PM EDT
    Very catchy
    • 3 posts
    May 20, 2016 4:35 PM EDT

To me, the most amazing soundtrack will always be the soundtrack from the Kingdom Hearts series.

Playing the game and having the music shift over so smoothly is something I truly miss.

Especially the disney covered ones :O

• 4 posts
    May 20, 2016 9:17 PM EDT

Aside from the obvious heavy hitters like Final Fantasy and The Legend of Zelda out there, my personal favorite is the soundtrack of Anachronox. Hands down.

• 404 posts
    May 20, 2016 9:40 PM EDT

the Dragon Age Inquisition main theme is great. I have the Legend of Zelda's main theme the songs from Fallout 3/ NV. I also have 2 of the Skyrim sound track songs.

• 4 posts
    May 20, 2016 10:12 PM EDT

Here are some of my favorites in no particular order: The Witcher 3, anything by Mark Morgan, anything by Jeremy Soule, Halo (CE, 2, ODST, 4, and 5), KOTOR 2, Mass Effect 1, Dark Souls 1, and BloodBorne.

• 321 posts
    May 20, 2016 10:39 PM EDT

A few of my favorites are probably Witcher 3 (no surprise there), Bloodborne, Destiny, Uncharted 3 and anything that's made from Jesper Kyd (Guy who composed the Assassin's Creed soundtracks).

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    May 20, 2016 10:39 PM EDT

World of Warcraft had some really great music. If I play some on Youtube I can just close my eyes and I'm back in Azeroth. Wrath of the Lich King especially.

• 404 posts
    May 21, 2016 12:37 PM EDT
    Cool. Could the music fit for another game series?
    Like Skyrim and Kingdoms of Amalur: the reckoning?
  • Tom
    • 624 posts
    May 21, 2016 2:33 PM EDT

Of course. Some folks use it for background music while playing D&D.

• 404 posts
    May 21, 2016 2:36 PM EDT

awesome. thanks

• 224 posts
    May 21, 2016 8:35 PM EDT

Elder Scrolls Online has one of the best music I have never listen:

The Elder Scrolls Online - FULL Soundtrack

The video has all the music of the game

• 708 posts
    May 24, 2016 2:10 AM EDT

• 98 posts
    May 24, 2016 3:17 AM EDT

Like everyone has said already, TW3's soundtrack is just fantastic and definitely one of my favorites. The track on my profile actually is from TW3 (Imlerith's theme). 

Undertale's OST is amazing as well. I think that's the one I listen to the most honestly and is probably my favorite videogame soundtrack of all time.

Other OST that I really love and that have a special place in my heart are Persona 3's, Persona 4's, Kingdom Hearts' & Pokémon's, to name a few.