Forums » General Gaming

Pillars of Eternity or Dragon Divinity Enhanced?

• 773 posts
    December 30, 2015 2:09 PM EST

OK, so these two games are considerably discounted on Steam right now.

I've read a few reviews and it seems to be very much 'swings and roundabouts' when it comes to which of these might be best to buy - given that I am definitely only going to buy one.

Can anyone help me out here? Who has played these two games and would give me an opinion as to which might be best to sate my low-fantasy RPG hankerings for the next little while

P.S I also considered Wasteland 2 (Directors Cut) but with me having Fallout 4 on the go, I didn't want to be playing another post-apocalyptic game right now...

• 649 posts
    December 30, 2015 2:21 PM EST
    Pillars of Eternity. All hands down.

I watched few videos for Divinity, and frankly, it didn´t convince me to buy it.

For those who love Baldur´s Gate, Icewind Dale, Neverwinter Nights..Pillars of the Eternity is the way to go. Great story, amazing world and lore with the old school feel to it. Combat is like enhanced BG2 or IWD2, but you actually have some character customization besides what weapons you want to be profficient in. On level 1 you pick a perk, on level 2 a skill, on level 3 a perk and so on, up to level 12 (14 with White March)

This is my opinion. Divinity didn´t convince me to buy it. Pillars dit and I absolutely love, just as I love Baldur´s Gate.
    • 288 posts
    December 31, 2015 7:47 AM EST

Of those 2 - definitely PoE. It's the better game, especially now with all launch issues patched.

Otherwise, don't disregard Wasteland 2. It's closer in feeling and atmosphere to the original 2 Fallouts than F4 is. In fact the first Fallout was supposed to be Wasteland 2 but they couldn't buy the rights back from EA, so they turned it into a new game.

In fact the actual people involved in the making of the original 2 Fallouts are now involved in either InXile (Wasteland 2) or Obsidian Entertainment (F:NV, PoE), so I'd recommend any game made by one of those 2 companies.