Forums » The Lounge

What Are Your Holiday Plans?

• 273 posts
    December 18, 2015 7:23 PM EST

Ah, Christmas, a time of joy for children and a time of using money as toilet paper for adults. 

What are your holiday plans? Going anywhere special? Meeting anyone? What are you doing and where? I insist you tell me, I promise not to stalk you.

Muahahaha

• 558 posts
    December 20, 2015 1:43 AM EST

I went and saw my great-grandmother in a nursing home yesterday. It was a Christmas party.

I'm going to my grandparents house on Christmas and Christmas Eve. They live in town.

• 1217 posts
    December 20, 2015 2:32 AM EST
    Home to Texas to spend it with the family, and show the missus around San Antonio.
    • 273 posts
    December 20, 2015 4:54 AM EST

Sounds fun, I myself have two parties in one day, I think

• 273 posts
    December 20, 2015 4:56 AM EST

Ahah, sounds like fun

• 288 posts
    December 20, 2015 6:31 AM EST

My holiday plans are to beat F4 on Survival

• 268 posts
    December 20, 2015 6:44 AM EST

Going to the Cloud District.

• 273 posts
    December 20, 2015 6:58 AM EST

I didn't think you got there very often, my mistake 

• 273 posts
    December 20, 2015 6:58 AM EST

I should probably get around to playing Fallout, good luck.

• 50 posts
    December 27, 2015 7:55 AM EST

My holidays were pretty unremarkable this year. Went to see my dad and stepmother on xmas day. Did plan to have a big friends and family get together on boxing day but few turned up as the surrounding areas where I live were badly flooded cutting off several towns.

If you don't live in the UK you probably won't know that it has rained more or less constantly for months and in the early hours of boxing day we had a month's rain in hours. This below gives some idea but it was much worse elsewhere in the country.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/uk-flooding-emergency-services-stretched-to-breaking-point-with-thousands-evacuated-from-their-homes-a6787006.html

• 215 posts
    December 27, 2015 10:12 AM EST

Very low key and inexpensive Christmas for a change.  I almost lost my wife in October and doctor bills and lost paychecks hit so we are way behind money wise.  Kids were very understanding.  Still managed to get them one real nice gift.  Looks like a quiet New Years.  The kids are off to grandmother's for this week so it's football, Skyrim and Dwarf Fortress for me all day long for days.

• 215 posts
    December 27, 2015 10:12 AM EST

H-Town baby!  Clutch City.

• 694 posts
    December 27, 2015 2:06 PM EST

I went on vacation with my immediate family. We spent the week in Las Vegas. 

• 694 posts
    December 27, 2015 2:14 PM EST

Sorry to hear about your wife, John, but I'm glad she made it and that your kids were understanding. I prefer quiet holidays myself. I have to say I'm a little envious of the week you have lined up! 

• 215 posts
    December 27, 2015 7:07 PM EST

Thanks Edana.  Yeah, it was stressful for a while but she's doing much better.  6mo to 1 yr for full recovery but she's back to work with some limitations.  My youngest is 14 so they were old enough to get it and understand. 

• 177 posts
    December 27, 2015 10:27 PM EST

By "Holiday" do you mean Christmas AND New Years, or just Christmas? Because I'm telling you both! On Christmas (Or as me and my girlfriend call it "Buy shit for people day") we went to my mothers! Many gifts were given and received, but my grandparents managed to get the family together to scrape $2000 together for a gaming computer for me! It was great, and we ate dinner and I made several non-Christmasy inappropriate, slightly blasphemous jokes. I loved it! As for New Years, I'm gonna' have some fuuuuun! I have always thrown New Years parties, and despite the fact they have ,uh, lets say calmed down over the past few years its still going to be great! I'm going to invite my friends over, we're going to play D&D, Watch some MLP and drink ourselves silly and maybe take some other nice things! They're always fun, and I can hardly wait! 

• 273 posts
    December 28, 2015 5:42 AM EST

Sounds like quite the celebration.

"Or as me and my girlfriend call it "Buy shit for people day"" You honestly made me laugh then xD How accurate!

Hope you have a blast on New Year if they're that good. I'll probably just stay up until midnight on my lappy and do a iiiincy wincy bit of underage drinking >.>