Forums » General Gaming

Who is/are your favorite fictional Video Game characters?

• 1441 posts
    December 1, 2015 6:22 PM EST

Now, in almost all video games, there are characters that resonate us. Whether they make us like them, despise them, cry for them, or ignore them, there are many characters that can have some staying power with us. Now, this may be hard, but who are your/who is your favorite(s)? 

For me, a few would include:

SOLAIRE OF ASTORA-Aside from all the memes our favorite Sunbro has generated, I like this guy because A. All the lore debate he's caused, B. He has some interesting motivations, and C. He's, to me, one of the few actual benevolent NPCs in the game, that are really optimistic, and he's as positive as me. I would stand in Jolly Cooperation with Brolaire of Asstora anytime! 

DARTH REVAN-Not only was he one of my favorite Sith Lords, he appeared in the KOTOR series, some of my favorite Star Wars games, and I love his outfit. 

SIR ALONNE-Even though I haven't yet played SOTFS yet, watching VaatiVidya and Silver Mont's Dark Souls lore vidoes, and some fights, have made me come to admire this honorable former companion of the Old Iron King. Plus, he looks awesome.

THE LINGERING WILL/TERRA-After playing through both Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix and Birth by Sleep Final Mix 2.5, this boss/playable character not only gave me one of the best boss fights I've ever gone through in Kingdom Hearts, but he has some nice looking armor. 

How bout you guys?

• 404 posts
    December 1, 2015 6:39 PM EST

Morrigan from Dragon Age series also Cassandra from Dragon Age Series especially Inquisition.

Morrigan was my Elves' romance option in Origins and I am liking Cassandra in Inquisition.

• 1441 posts
    December 1, 2015 6:42 PM EST

I romanced Morrigan, but accidently pissed her off so she left. I then went for Zevran by accident. 

• 404 posts
    December 1, 2015 6:47 PM EST

dang, in 2 my Hawke married Merrill. My elf was from her clan, so in a way my Hawke is related to my Elf.

• 558 posts
    December 1, 2015 7:23 PM EST

It has to be the first boss of the Bloodborne DLC. No spoilers!

Sir Alonne was one of the most epic fights ever, so he is up there as well.

I usually connect more with bosses rather than actual NPCs, but one NPC I really liked was Woods from Black Ops.

• 627 posts
    December 1, 2015 7:32 PM EST

Not really considering that Merrill wasn't even originally from that clan.

• 404 posts
    December 1, 2015 7:44 PM EST

oh right, but she was in the tribe in Origins

• 627 posts
    December 1, 2015 8:08 PM EST

Yes she did know the Dalish Warden. Although a human mage warden is hawke's cousin.

• 9 posts
    • 404 posts
    December 1, 2015 8:31 PM EST

my Origins guy was a Dalish Warden Warrior.

• 1441 posts
    December 1, 2015 8:37 PM EST

So was mine, He was a bit well....racist against humans at first, but eventually warmed up to them. 

THat moment when you accidently bang Zevran

• 177 posts
    December 1, 2015 9:30 PM EST

Oooooooo, this is a super duper hard question, as there are so many good characters out there! But if I had to narrow it down, I would say   Veronica from Fallout New Vegas, Colonel Autumn from Fallout 3, Jodie Holmes from Beyond 2 Souls and Shaundi from Saints Row 2.

As for Veronica, I just love her snarky, sarcastic nature! I also find her backstory involving the Brotherhood, Christine etc. to be very very interesting! I also love how you can interact with her, so much better than some other companions if you ask me!

For Autumn, I find him a very well developed character for a Bethesda game. He has good motives but is willing to go very far for them, and I have a tendency to like characters like that! His trenchcoat is also pretty swish! 

For Jodie, I just really find her personality interesting! I have always found the whole spiritie-ghositie thing cool too, and it's good to see a video game character into that!  

Annnnnnnd Shaundi. Well, Saint's Row 2 Shaundi before that game series went...yeah. Some people may find it an odd choice but I always liked her ass stoner vibe that she gave off in that game! I will admit it I was a litte bit of a stoner in my past and that may influence my like, but I still can't help but love her for it! 

• 95 posts
    December 1, 2015 9:40 PM EST

Zeke from infamous, though he was much more likeable in Infamous 2.

Joel from The Last of Us. I just like his overall vibes. I relate to him somehow. IDK to be honest, he just strikes me as a cool guy to be around.

And lastly, I also really liked Dad from Fallout 3. I mean, Liam Neeson; can't get better than that.

• 1441 posts
    December 1, 2015 9:40 PM EST

Ah Shaundi, I loved the quest to rescue her from Veteran Child in SR2, it was the first SR game I played.

• 95 posts
    December 1, 2015 9:41 PM EST

Just a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttllllle bit.

• 177 posts
    December 1, 2015 9:50 PM EST

Just a little, tiny, insy weeny small bit... But I'm totally done with that shit now though...I'm being honest...

• 404 posts
    December 1, 2015 10:00 PM EST
    I had a thing for Veronica during my playthroughs. Shaun did is pretty cool as well.
  • Tom
    • 624 posts
    December 1, 2015 10:51 PM EST

Master Chief Petty Officer John-117

CTN 0452-9, Cortana

There is just so little for these two, yet they have a weight many other characters don't. I don't know how to explain it. A man, trained since childhood to be nothing more than a machine, a killing machine paired with an artificial intelligence cloned from human tissue. The man transformed into a machine and a machine designed to mimic (wo)man. A boy who had its soul ripped out, its body reshaped through technology, and sealed inside a suit of armor is paired with a soul, that essence that makes us what we are, that was shaped using the cloned brain of the very woman who took this boy's soul and made him what he is.

Cortana is, or was, Jon's consciousness, his soul, while he was her body. There is a love there that isn't explainable. And that was lost.

He who was both Jedi and Sith, but became Neither. He who rose above the Light and Dark Side, who learned all that there was to know from the most Enlightened Masters and Dark Lords. The man who chose to defy both Orders. He is the greatest of the Jedi and the Sith, and condemned by both for that.

All Hail Revan.

• 1441 posts
    December 1, 2015 10:57 PM EST

Amen to that Tom, for both. Also, from what I've read of the lore, Cortana is (I haven't played 5), the only thing keeping John sane. Also, Revan is boss

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    December 2, 2015 12:54 AM EST

I don't even think Revan himself is the best character. It's what he is that makes him great. I don't need to know anything about Revan but what he did in the Mandalorian Wars and the events of Knights of the Old Republic. I don't want his backstory, his childhood, his musings on politics, or what he did after KotOR.

He was a Jedi. He turned to the Dark Side. He fell. He relearned the Jedi way. He relearned the Dark Side. He mastered both and rejected both the Sith and the Jedi as organizations and their ways of thinking and viewing the Force.

This is what I want and more importantly, what I need. That there is more to the Force than these two groups, that the philosophical landscape of the Force is broader than Light = Good, Dark = Bad.

• 1441 posts
    December 2, 2015 1:04 AM EST

Yeah, I mean, there is an option, in SWOTOR, where, if you play as a light sided Sith, you can basically tell the Jedi Council "There is more Light in me than in any one of you, and I love." Which is actually pretty poignant. 

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    December 2, 2015 1:11 AM EST

Is that a Sith Warrior thing?

Because I just got to be Indiana Jones with a lightsaber and lightning bolts.

• 1441 posts
    December 2, 2015 2:32 AM EST

No, Inquisitor

The Light-Side Sith Inquisitor can deliver a epic verbal smackdown against the Jedi for their Holier Than Thou attitude and dogmatic belief that any emotion leads to the Dark Side;

Inquisitor: I have more light than you'll ever have... and I love!
    • 168 posts
    December 2, 2015 9:16 AM EST

Max Payne (Max Payne), Garrus (Mass Effect), Alistair (Dragon Age), Felicia (Darkstalkers), Elena (Street Fighter), Doom Guy (Doom), Caleb (Blood), Kyo Kusanagi (King of Fighters), Griever (Final Fantasy 8).

• 404 posts
    December 2, 2015 10:57 AM EST
    Alistair is/was king in my game universe, don't know if he is still alive in Inquisition.