Forums » The Lounge

Who Is Your Favorite Historical Figure?

• 558 posts
    December 1, 2015 7:46 PM EST

I did a little research, and honestly I'm kind of surprised I had never heard of him before.

• 1217 posts
    December 1, 2015 9:22 PM EST

Martin Luther King Jr. would be high up there, along with Mary Read, William Barret Travis, and the Wright Brothers.

• 743 posts
    December 1, 2015 9:25 PM EST
    How did I forget to mention MLK? Guess I need to lay down.
    • 558 posts
    December 1, 2015 10:16 PM EST

I think you meant to write Marxism Lucifer King II.

• 321 posts
    December 1, 2015 11:50 PM EST

Well my favorite historical figure is Erwin Rommel.The guy was probably one of the few "good" Nazis during WWII.He made sure that Allied prisoners that he captured were given adequate rations.He even buried a British commando with full military honors after he failed to kill or capture Rommel.

Other than that,he was a great military commander.He wasn't called the Desert Fox for nothing.

• 113 posts
    December 2, 2015 8:36 AM EST
    Napoleon Bonaparte.

For all his awesomeness.
    • 558 posts
    December 2, 2015 5:03 PM EST

I think most Nazi troops were forced into the military and were then brainwashed (more or less). Rommel sounds like he survived Nazi training with his humanity intact.

• 558 posts
    December 2, 2015 5:07 PM EST

Yes, he'S INDEED awesome.

Hopefully someone gets my pun.

• 1441 posts
    December 2, 2015 5:27 PM EST

One of my (only) favorite members of the Nazi party would have to be Oskar Schindler. He risked his life, and fortune in order to save the lives of over a thousand Jewish people, and he has the honor of being buried on Mount Sinai.

• 404 posts
    December 2, 2015 5:33 PM EST
    True, most of the Soldiers were kids after all. Brainwashed kids. I remember a episode of NCIS that a certain Gray haired Fox's dad was saved by a Nazi pilot, they became friends after the war.
    • 271 posts
    December 3, 2015 4:03 PM EST

He truly is! The interesting thing is that he had put his aim at the Holy roman crown. I wonder what would have happened if he hadn't died in Lutzen, and instead crowned himself emperor...