Forums » The Lounge

Wired or Wireless?

• 1467 posts
    November 12, 2015 6:08 AM EST

I was going off to research headsets when a certain thought hit me. What the hell are those wireless pieces of crap doing here, bah, spending more money to take out the cord, who needs that crap. And you know what, I decided to make that into my next Forum Post

Do you prefer Wired or Wireless Headphones?

If you haven't figured my answer out, the answer is Wired. I can deal with the minor annoyance of the cord, but the troubles connecting these fancy shmancy Bluetooth devises to anything just pisses me off, not to mention the extra $20-$30 I'd have to pay for them, $60 Wired Headphones or $90 Wireless Headphones, what an easy pick. I could rant for a couple more hours but I like keeping this short and not so sweet.

• 694 posts
    November 12, 2015 10:32 AM EST

Honestly if I'm investing in good headphones, I want something that's going to give me the best sound quality for my dollar. I hesitate with wireless headphones because you're exactly right, they're more costly, and I worry sound quality would suffer and be prone to things like blips, dropping out.. and even just dying (and have to be plugged in to be recharged!) while I'm using them. If I'm sitting in front of my TV, computer, whatever... I'm obviously not going anywhere or really moving much at all. I play with my controllers actually plugged in about half the time anyway to keep them charged, so cords don't bother me. Maybe because console controllers used to always have those cords... so they don't bother me in the least. So yeah, wired for me too please.

• Tim
    • 92 posts
    November 12, 2015 10:43 AM EST

Heh, I bought some garbagy wired headphones for my 360 a while ago, I think two pairs, and the first one broke literally within the first hour of using it :P. The other one broke within a few hours of me bringing it out of the box, but I suppose that's kinda my fault because I bought the same brand, I think it was Afterglow or something like that. They didn't completely break, but I can't hear through the headphones, though I can talk through it. So I just turn down the game volume and crank the voice volume lol. But I don't even need headphones anymore so......I don't have to use them :D

• 1467 posts
    November 12, 2015 3:37 PM EST

Heh, I charge almost constantly, and generally have my Laptop set up next to me on the bed (also always charging, with a mouse and headphones plugged in) so I'm basically living in wires most of the time.

Maybe for those that aren't it is a big deal, I could test it, but then all my batteries would die and I'd have to be responsible with my charging... I'll just stick with 300 1/2 wires I think 

• 694 posts
    November 12, 2015 5:33 PM EST

Welp. You can officially call me the biggest hypocrite you know. Literally just scooped these on my lunch break: 

For the record, I fully blame this thread for making me question my decision. 

I'll be sure to give a full report though if I encounter those blips, drops, and dead batteries. 

• 12 posts
    November 17, 2015 8:31 PM EST

I have both wireless and wired. I bought the wired after using the wireless because it kept dying and it got so annoying. But now the cord is annoying for my wired headset. Guess you can't have it all lol.

• 1467 posts
    November 17, 2015 9:49 PM EST

I'd rather go cord than it dying and running off on me. Though, I was doing something (which required me to borrow the family laptop, and mine...and my phone to listen to music.) which involved me being literally covered in cords. So I guess you could say I'm just so used to it by now that I don't even notice it 

• 12 posts
    November 17, 2015 11:38 PM EST

yeah that's the thing I like about wireless devices. I try to have as much as I can but only ones that have a long life span. I like wearing my wireless headset if I'm listening to something and want to not stay stationed in one place. Both have their pros and cons