Forums » Fallout

Your feelings about Fallout 4

• 649 posts
    November 2, 2015 7:00 AM EST

So, Fallout 4 is just around the corner and I´m kinda interested how do you feel about it, that it´s so close. Only few days and you´ll be (probably) playing the game. Are you anxious to get your hands on it? Do you count every day until it´s realeased? Or you´re cool about it?

I for myself am quite cool about the thing that there are only few days left and then it will be out. Don´t get me wrong, I´m looking forward to it, but to be more precice: It´s not that I´m looking forward to Fallout precisely, I´m looking forward to play a new game. Especially game that I will (hopefully) play more than once, just like any other Fallout or TES game I like.

There is a Midnight Sale on 9th in few cities in Czech Republic and closest city is like 30 minutes to drive there. Truth to be told, I´m not going there and I was never there, because I tend to be cool about new games coming out. Nothing will force me to drive to another city at 11 o´clock (Monday), stand in line to get a game and get to home at 1:00 AM, only to go sleep because I lack the willpower to stay awake and play the game I just stood line for.

I rather wait until they deliver it to my home. Either way, I will play once I get from work. So screw the Midnight Sale.

Thoughts?

• 288 posts
    November 2, 2015 7:03 AM EST

As someone who liked F1, loved F2 and was totally disappointed with F3, I expect it to suck, so if it doesn't suck it's a bonus for me

• 649 posts
    November 2, 2015 7:05 AM EST

Also, I am really interested to find out if the Fallout 4 will be up to the standards of this site. If it has been worth it changing the direction towards both TES and Fallout, and I´m sure I´m not the only one who is interested to find out.

• 649 posts
    November 2, 2015 7:07 AM EST

So you´re expecting the worse but hoping for the best. So you´re calm about the game coming out in few days, hm?

• 288 posts
    November 2, 2015 7:20 AM EST

I don't even know the exact release date.

My time in this "blog" or "vault" or whatever you like to call it has taught me that the microworld of "legal" gamers is sometimes totally different than the microworld of us "of the High Seas". It's the "legals" that countdown to release date, follow trailers, get hyped, count their pennies and plan on preordering. On the High Seas we just refresh the "games" section of the tracker every day and check what's new, then decide whethere something new is worth the downolad and install time.

• 649 posts
    November 2, 2015 7:34 AM EST

High Seas... So that´s how we´re called?

But to be honest, I rather pay for a game which I think is worthy. If not, than I download it. Simple.

• 288 posts
    November 2, 2015 7:38 AM EST

You're Czech, you probably have a significant number of "legal" gamers there.

Here in Bulgaria they are hard to find. That's why this blog is my only connection to such characters.

• 649 posts
    November 2, 2015 7:46 AM EST

You would be surprised, mate. Almost everyone I know downloads games instead of buying. It is pretty much in our nature. We czechs are skinflint folk, so anytime we can get something for free, we´ll do it.

But I just like to pay my respect to the game and it´s developers, so I´m mostly buying.

• 288 posts
    November 2, 2015 7:55 AM EST

You are, because you can afford it, I guess.

We here are the poorest EU country, the average monthly wage is about 300-400 EUR (mine is around 370) and that's only in big cities. Try buying a high-end PC and buying lots of games on that income

• 27 posts
    November 2, 2015 8:32 AM EST

It aint Elder Scrolls 6 so I'm  not that excited

If I get it it wont be for a while

• 649 posts
    November 2, 2015 9:22 AM EST

How so? Because it´s not TES 6 or for some other reasons?

• 27 posts
    November 2, 2015 9:31 AM EST

Just never been much of a fallout fan and magic beats guns anyday

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    November 2, 2015 10:46 AM EST

And what about New Vegas? It was made by the same guys who made F1 and F2, so you might like it.

• 1441 posts
    November 2, 2015 10:50 AM EST

Getting it on the 10th, when it releases here in the US. I know it won't be perfect, but I'll lovei t

• 207 posts
    November 2, 2015 10:53 AM EST

On one side im excited. On the other im cool, because i will have to wait till end of the year to play it.

• 649 posts
    November 2, 2015 10:54 AM EST

So you´re excited? Will you play it the moment it comes out?

• 649 posts
    November 2, 2015 10:55 AM EST

End of the year? X-mas present?

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    November 2, 2015 10:58 AM EST

I'm definitely anxious, and I'm definitely planning on buying it before it releases so I can pre-load and play it day one, though the price is too salty here. Right now, you can buy the entire Witcher trilogy or Witcher 3 and the Season Pass, and all of those options are still cheaper than buying the base Fallout 4 game.

I have the money waiting to be invested in Bethesda, but I just can't make my mind to paying that much for it. It's outrageous. And there's not even a physical PC version for it available in Brazil! (BTW, the console physical version is cheaper than the PC digital version).

Gawd, why? I just want to play the darn thing.

• 1217 posts
    November 2, 2015 11:13 AM EST

I'm pretty ridiculously hyped. I can barely resist the spoilers floating around now. I'm patient, but I expect to be pretty fidgety this time next week. 1 week and 12 hours from now, the game'll be unlocking.

• 404 posts
    November 2, 2015 11:18 AM EST
    I will get it of course, might make a Military styled ShyGuy as my first character. Like my fan-fiction, a ShyGuy that has his own Armory. :P
    • 649 posts
    November 2, 2015 11:22 AM EST

I was waiting when someone hyped out will show up. :)

But why is that, Borom? You´re so hyped out because it´s another game in Fallout series? Or because it will be awesome? Or because it´s just a new game?

• 649 posts
    November 2, 2015 11:25 AM EST

No hard copy in Brazil? Man, that´s rough. 

Yeah, the price is really something. I think that even the Witcher 3 wasn´t that expansive when it came out. 

I plan to play on the 10th too. Actually funny story, my mate is taking a day off just to play Fallout 4 right from the moment when it comes out. And that´s something I really can´t understand. I mean, I have to go to work because I have to make the money I just spent on Fallout 4, right? So yeah, I will be playing on 10th, but after 17:00.

• November 2, 2015 11:29 AM EST

My feelings are his FO4 will be buggy as hell and not worth playing for about a year after it comes out, just like the rest of Bethesda games sorry (rant over)

• 649 posts
    November 2, 2015 11:34 AM EST

Just like the rest of the Bethesda games... Sorry, mate, but I really don´t understand this. I was playing Skyrim since the day one. And I never had some problems with bugs. Hell, I never had any problem with Skyrim since it came out. 

Even if the Fallout 4 will have some bugs...then what? Am I supposed to stop playing only because some minor flaws? Nah. While I´m not really excited about Fallout 4 as other people, I know I will enjoy the game no matter what.

• 1217 posts
    November 2, 2015 11:39 AM EST

All three of those. I haven't been able to feel excited about any of my other games with Fallout and Battlefront looming on the horizon. I need 'em in my hands! I'm pumped about the new lore about to be injected into the series, I'm pumped about the new mechanics, I'm pumped for the new fresh new look for the series. I sure expect it to be awesome. I'm really hoping it can do the same thing for Fallout building that Skyrim has done for this site. And I'm way excited to share it with people here, and see what they do as well!