Forums » General Gaming

'Souls' Games

• 268 posts
    May 2, 2016 4:25 PM EDT
    Yhorm?
    • 275 posts
    May 2, 2016 4:27 PM EDT
    The weirdest thing happened. I was helping a host defeat the looking glass knight when a red invader shows up in the middle of the fight. Has anyone else got this?
    • 273 posts
    May 2, 2016 6:39 PM EDT

I wish that Yhorm was more of a challenge... He's nearly impossible with Storm Ruler and with Storm Ruler he's dead in five hits...

Could've at least made it so that an RT attack dealt reasonable damage to him or made him take more hits from Storm Ruler or maybe even make him stagger much less from the attack...

• 273 posts
    May 2, 2016 6:39 PM EDT

You can buy it off Unbreakable Patches, I think.

• 268 posts
    May 3, 2016 11:49 AM EDT

They just shouldn't have made him another gimmick boss. It's just a letdown having one of the five or so main bosses being completely impossible without Stormruler and completely trivial with it.

• 273 posts
    May 3, 2016 1:40 PM EDT

Exactly! From the trailer and intro sequence I was like "Holy crap this boss is going to be AMAZING!" and whilst I he had amazing music, a fitting arena and awesome attacks, he was such a pushover... I was sure he'd be the most badass of the bunch, to me he still is, but just too easy...

• 268 posts
    May 3, 2016 4:32 PM EDT

This can happen in NG+ and beyond. People can put their red sign outside the boss fight and it may summon them in to take the place of an NPC phantom coming out of the Mirror Knight's shield. It's one of the coolest (and rarest) invasions, one which really should have been capitalised on and made into a covenant or something (and I was crazy disappointed something like this isn't in DS3).

• 268 posts
    May 3, 2016 4:33 PM EDT

@Mortiferous, he was hyped up so much, he was the first boss they revealed! Then he had to go and die in 5 hits... Trust Miyazaki to get that wrong... For all his PVE masterpieces there's always one bad apple that ruins the bunch (Bed of Chaos I'm looking at you).

• 273 posts
    May 3, 2016 4:38 PM EDT

He had so much potential too...

• 558 posts
    May 3, 2016 7:10 PM EDT
    Yhorm felt like the Fume Knight on HGH. Honestly I was glad that he had so much health, he felt like a powerful Lord of Cinder unlike Aldritch and the Abyss Watchers. Then I found the Storm Ruler.

Even though Yhorm is a gimmick boss, I still like him better than the first two Lords of Cinder. I actually was able to six shot Aldritch.
    • 275 posts
    May 4, 2016 3:35 PM EDT
    Does anyone think the Red Iron Twinblade is the most OP weapon in DS2? I like it but that's what I heard.
    • 275 posts
    May 5, 2016 12:09 AM EDT
    Has anyone found the pendant of DS3 yet?
    • 268 posts
    May 5, 2016 2:07 AM EDT
    Nope! Gotta lead the crab to somewhere... Or somehow save Greirat in Lothric...
    • 1913 posts
    May 6, 2016 11:26 AM EDT
    The one thing I didn't like about Dark Souls 2... Here is 80% of the attacks... *delayed overhead swing* or *2 fast attacks, delay, 1 last swing*. It's so hard to find something interesting or challenging when each enemy is preparing you for most of the others or the bosses.
    • 1913 posts
    May 6, 2016 11:27 AM EDT
    You need to do Siegward's quest.
    • 1913 posts
    May 6, 2016 11:27 AM EDT
    In PVP it was. All it did was stagger lock opponents and deal high damage.
    • 275 posts
    May 6, 2016 3:24 PM EDT
    Are you talking about the PC or enemies?
    • 558 posts
    May 7, 2016 9:00 PM EDT
    So ive played a total of 70 hours in DS3 and I'm not really liking it anymore. I haven't decided if Im just burnt out or I simply dont like the game.
    • 275 posts
    May 9, 2016 3:55 AM EDT
    Something weird happened earlier that was quite odd.

I was invading with my dragon eye when someone who is just completely unarmed summoned me, one of those guys that are too good or too stupid to not carry a weapon. After we bow to each other he rushes me and does some flying kick move.

He bounces off my shield but I was still very shocked at that move, then he proceeds to do more karate shit on me. Once in a while he did a move where he punched forward and the dust around him blew away, a strong attack I would imagine.

What is this? Is this guy a hacker? I didn't even know it was possible on PS3. If he is not a hacker then how do I get this DBZ stuff he's doing.
    • 558 posts
    May 9, 2016 8:39 AM EDT

@Ebonslayer That's a DLC weapon called the "Bone Fist".

• 275 posts
    May 9, 2016 3:16 PM EDT
    As I said he was unarmed, he didn't even have a fist weapon, just knuckles.
    • 268 posts
    May 9, 2016 4:06 PM EDT

Illusory rings then.

• 275 posts
    May 18, 2016 3:23 PM EDT
    Who else thinks the shrine of Amana is a pain in the ass? I died countless times before I could even get to the third bonfire.
    • 168 posts
    May 18, 2016 6:32 PM EDT

It was near impossible my first playthrough because my character was a pure melee ultra greatsword type. Once I upgraded a bow it was easier.

But my dex/faith character had no problems there and electrocuted everything lol.

• 558 posts
    May 18, 2016 7:19 PM EDT
    Me.