Forums » General Gaming

Character Quotes

• 1217 posts
    October 29, 2015 8:10 PM EDT

Inspired by the "What if builds had taglines" thread, and some of the characterful lines we sometimes see in builds, I thought it might be fun to have a thread where we can share some "in character" quotes for your versions of build playthroughs! So whether you're a build author, or an enthusiastic role player, give us a quote from a favorite playthrough, something that character would have said. Just give us the build, so we have some context for the kind of character, and the quote. Just Elder Scrolls and Fallout characters, please ;D

Example:

Build: Curie's Progeny

Quote: "Careful how you judge. It wasn't human strength that ended the world. It was human intelligence, with a liberal measure of hatred. It doesn't take a strong hand to make a bomb that can kill hundreds, or thousands. Just a sharp mind."

• 177 posts
    October 29, 2015 9:57 PM EDT

Weeeeeeeell, I have only played one build on the site, but I am enjoying it so far!

Build: The Stable Dweller

Quote:"I really want to shoot you right now, you bigoted motherfucker, but I also really have to pee. Either way, I would just be getting rid of waste." 

• 1217 posts
    October 29, 2015 10:56 PM EDT
    Hahahahahaaa! Perfect!
    • 404 posts
    October 29, 2015 11:13 PM EDT
    I was thinking something on the lines of a certain Orc would say.
    "This Blade does more than Slaying The Undead if you continue messing with me and my friends" referrencing "Righteous Might", his GreatSword.
    • 1441 posts
    October 29, 2015 11:43 PM EDT

Here's mine, since I made the build.

Build: The Stable Dweller

Quote: "Mentats?! Where?! GIVE ME SOME MENTATS?! Ohhh, Party-Time Mentats!"

• 113 posts
    October 30, 2015 12:48 AM EDT

My current WIP build

Build: The Sarpa

Quote: Look up

• 133 posts
    October 30, 2015 8:44 AM EDT

Build: The Obsidian Sentinel

Quote: Magic?...that's cute.

• 1217 posts
    October 30, 2015 12:03 PM EDT

I'm picturing that in a scene like the end of V for Vendetta.

"No, what you have is magicka, and the hope that when your magicka is gone, I will no longer be standing."

• 1217 posts
    October 30, 2015 12:03 PM EDT

Sounds like Batman.

• 1441 posts
    October 30, 2015 1:27 PM EDT

Hah, "Beneath his helmet there is more than flesh, there is an idea, Sir Mage, and ideas are magicproof!"

• 367 posts
    October 30, 2015 3:25 PM EDT

Build: Hound of The Hunting Grounds

“They’re all dead! I wanted prisoners to interrogate damn it!”

Hound... “You send a wolf to gather your sheep. What the hell do you expect to happen? Next time, try feeding me first”

• 168 posts
    October 30, 2015 3:44 PM EDT

Build: The Tiger

Quote: "IT'S HAMMER TIME" Vashan, the brown tiger

Quote: "You've got darkness in your soul. Khajiit can smells it! Oh, no wait, Khajiit thinks that's your breath." Vashani, the white tiger and twin brother of Vashan

Build: The Thalmor Slayer (WIP Build)

Quote:  "You should go somewhere nice and peaceful. Like SOUL CAIRN" Shigeru, the Thalmor Slayer Khajiit

Build: Celestial Warlock (currently playing)

Quote: "The day an apprentice bleed out because he refused to learn healing spells or being eaten alive by a draugr because he refused to learn repel undead spells or being reduced to ashes by a lightning spell because he refused to learn wards is the day everybody will realize that Restoration is a valid school of magic, Colette, you can mark what I'm saying." Shinderu, Archmage Khajiit and twin sister of Shigeru

Build: Hist Mage

Quote: ""If I had a friend like you, Rolff, I could tell them secrets. Like that I'm going to set you on fire. *kills Rolff with a fireball and soultraps him*" Akiresh, the Hist Mage

• 275 posts
    October 30, 2015 4:25 PM EDT
    Build: The Nemesis

Quote: "You should have never crossed me Elenwen, now DIE!!!"

Build: Rifen's Most Wanted

Quote: "Who knows? Maybe next time you'll hand over the key when someone asks for you blasted key... Come Stenvar, there might be more trash to take out."
    • 1595 posts
    October 30, 2015 7:32 PM EDT

"You cannot oppose order itself, it is as elemental as the earth and sky."

• 275 posts
    October 30, 2015 7:50 PM EDT
    What build is that from?
    • 1595 posts
    October 30, 2015 7:56 PM EDT
    • 1217 posts
    October 30, 2015 7:59 PM EDT

• 275 posts
    October 30, 2015 8:56 PM EDT
    A very nice build
    • 12 posts
    February 7, 2016 9:30 AM EST

Build: Not a particular one, but I'd say he'd be a battlemage of sorts, swinging a sword in one hand, throwing around spells with the other. Great fun, really.

Quote: "Don't care much for politics. You just really piss me off."

• 1595 posts
    February 18, 2016 8:05 PM EST

Someone stole my sweetroll.

The Brioche Seeker.

• 312 posts
    March 2, 2016 7:25 PM EST

My WiP build has room for 2 characters. Here's a little sample of the quips I have planned for the both of them:

Runa Rolvsson (Nord) - "You could not possibly believe your arrows can pierce my armor!"
    Nashira (Redguard) - "No, but I'm betting my fist can!"