Forums » The Lounge

Rant thread - do you have something you want to get off your che

• 485 posts
    June 3, 2016 2:15 PM EDT

I don't feel we need to lessen standards. Rather I think we just need a more positive community.

I really dont want the group to devolve into giving people a pat on the back for producing shit so bad, they might as well have slapped their dick on the keyboard a few times and hit submit. 

• 1595 posts
    June 3, 2016 2:31 PM EDT

I hear that. As I say, building does represent almost the best of many areas of the site. Standards are important. Yet if those standards are causing such insecurity, what particular aspect is causing the problem?

I agree completely about community. So the question is, how? How do we get there?

• June 3, 2016 5:07 PM EDT

Sometimes I just get tired of living. I'm no where near being depressed or anything, I'm actually a pretty happy person, but I just get tired of it. I see the horrible things happening  all across the world and I just think, "Is there really a point to any of this?". 

I used to have such a good relationship with my brother, but over the years he became more and more hateful. I can't even talk to him for more than a minute without him trying to start an argument for absolutely no reason. He believes that there should be a genocide on all white people, and yells out racial slurs to me and my family, despite himself also being white.  He's pretty much the culmination of all things "tumblr".

I fear that my relationship with him is beyond repair and I'll never be able to talk to my own brother again. Sorry if I sound like a depressing fuck, just needed to get it off my chest.

• 558 posts
    June 3, 2016 8:54 PM EDT
    That sucks about your brother. White guilt is one of the dumbest concepts I've ever heard of.
    • 404 posts
    June 3, 2016 8:57 PM EDT

dang.

• 273 posts
    June 3, 2016 9:32 PM EDT

Sick of all the intolerance in the world when it comes to gender equality, homosexuality and transgender acceptance, I don't see why people can't just accept that people are who they are and don't cram their opinions and/or religions down their throats... It really gets to me that people will act as if their opinion and what they were brought up with is an absolute unquestionable fact...

When people say "They can't help it, it's how they were raised", I just use myself as an example - someone born into a Catholic family who became an atheist and someone that stands up for gender, gay and transgender rights. So it's not how they are raised, it's people choosing not to accept. 

• 1441 posts
    June 3, 2016 9:34 PM EDT

True, I'm Catholic, and I'm accepting of other faiths, and whatnot. I'm fine with people living their lives how they want to. One of my friends is Norse Pagan, and I'm fine with that. 

• 273 posts
    June 3, 2016 9:36 PM EDT

That's good, Chris, it restores a small amount of my faith in humanity to hear that.

• 1441 posts
    June 3, 2016 10:14 PM EDT

I mean, I despise bigots and other assholes, but that's natural to most

• 649 posts
    June 4, 2016 5:54 AM EDT

24 hours. No change. 

Withdrawing my like. 

• 1467 posts
    June 4, 2016 6:38 AM EDT

Turns out that was one that I'd forgotten to like anyway, I can feel slightly less guilty about taking away my like. 

• 627 posts
    June 4, 2016 6:58 AM EDT

Would you be willing to tell me who it was? I haven't been following the contest all that much, so I'd have a hard time working it out. If you don't want to publicly name the person then perhaps by pm?

• 1467 posts
    June 4, 2016 6:59 AM EDT

I'll message you over Skype 

• 96 posts
    June 4, 2016 8:36 AM EDT
    What did I miss? Havn't been here the last days, except for the Spotlights.
    • 485 posts
    June 4, 2016 12:33 PM EDT

The best we can do is keep our criticism constructive and helpful.

Even then, there will always be the occasional impatient child who will rage quit character building no matter what we say or how we say it.

We cant do anything for them. A receptive listener is required for anything we say to make a difference. 

• 1441 posts
    June 4, 2016 2:36 PM EDT
    I meant Phil
    • 52 posts
    June 5, 2016 5:10 AM EDT

Since my last reply on here a couple days ago, this discussion has changed completely. Apparently, the upper class are upset about.

1.) Contestants Withdrawing from contests at the last second.

2.) The changes to the CB group has created a dividing line for many builders new and old alike.

This indeed interesting to follow. I wonder though, who IS responsible for causing these rifts within the group?

• 649 posts
    June 5, 2016 5:14 AM EDT
    Contestants withdrawing LIKES from other participants' builds is the problem. Not people withdrawing from the contest.
    • 52 posts
    June 5, 2016 5:40 AM EDT

Oh, Okay, thanks for clearing that up. Call me ignorant but, why would someone like a build and then take that same like? Puzzling.

• 649 posts
    June 5, 2016 5:46 AM EDT
    Because some people can't play fair and will do anything to win. But that's just my guess, I never did that so I can only guess.
    • 485 posts
    June 5, 2016 12:23 PM EDT

1.) Contestants Withdrawing from contests at the last second.

Nobody is upset by this. You're misunderstanding this issue here.

2.) The changes to the CB group has created a dividing line for many builders new and old alike.

Nothing has really changed with the group. Care to elaborate on these changes you speak of?

Also, I notice you constantly refer to some of us as the upper class. What are you trying to imply here? That some of us are elitists? 

• 59 posts
    June 5, 2016 2:34 PM EDT

All bow to the gods of building.

• 1441 posts
    June 5, 2016 2:39 PM EDT
    I think he thinks The Old Guard see themselves as superior, which is generally BS
  • June 5, 2016 3:58 PM EDT

The thing that annoys me is routine. Just the same thing, day-in, day-out. Every day, you wake up early and can predict almost everything that's going to happen. It just really pisses me off that that's what many people's lives are reduced to; work, sleep, repeat.

There's more to life than a job and some TV shows. 

• 273 posts
    June 5, 2016 4:01 PM EDT