Forums » The Lounge

Rant thread - do you have something you want to get off your che

• 50 posts
    October 25, 2015 10:22 AM EDT

First of all I would like to apologise if this has been done before but I couldn't find anything recent but here's my rant for today:-

Work rant
    I guess everyone wishes they would never need to work for a living & most people would tolerate the daily grind and just prefer that they were somewhere else. I don't think many people truly enjoy their job unless they are really lucky  I for example fall into the former category.

However it's come to the point where I'm getting sick of the daily crap. I've just had a week off and have to return to work tomorrow. I hate having to get up early and be forced to eat breakfast when I don't want it. I hate having to defrost the car - which will soon be a daily task freezing your fingers off etc. I hate the commute to work; everything from the insane amount of time it takes to get there despite low distance due to heavy traffic. I hate traffic jams and the constant pain in my left ankle & base of my toes with using the clutch pedal so much. I hate the moronic driving of other road users.

When I get to work I can't even make a cup of coffee - that's not allowed. There's no tea making facilities nor a water cooler, nor a vending machine. If you want a drink at work you have to go out and buy one from Costa, nero's etc in which the time spent obtaining said drink comes out of your lunch hour. I just take a flask of coffee instead which is stupid.

Talking of lunch, there's no canteen but with being in a city centre I'm not short of places to buy stuff but I hate the long queues in the shops. There's usually only one person serving and there's always one customer in front who can't make up their mind what they want even changing their mind after they've paid for their lunch and about to walk away from the counter.

I hate my boss giving me unrealistic targets to meet and workloads - I do a job that is meant for two people. Initially it was but the other guy left and they have no intention of replacing him. My team (which is now just me) still has the same work to do. Some based on site some in the office. I can't be in two places at once! Now the admin girl has left and guess who has to do part of her work as well? You guessed it.. Me. Are they going to get someone else to do her work? No. My boss is unapproachable and the usual answer is something along the lines of "you don't like it - there's the door" which I would like to walk through but I'm having a hard time finding something else that pays the salary I get.

I hate my annoying co-worker who sits behind me; he has the noisiest keyboard in the world and is unable to use a mouse properly - he picks the damn thing up and sets it down on his desk making an irritating hollow plastic knocking sound that gets right on my nerves.

Finally my job requires me to obtain a professional qualification to enable me to get a pay rise and continue in my job. I'm at my maximum technical ability in my current role (however I'm doing the job of two to three people but that doesn't count) so I spend my evenings and weekends studying and collating 'evidence' to put in my application. I find this difficult as I can't really improve on what I'm doing now unless I had someone to help me.

In short work sucks. I suppose I should be grateful I have a job but really!?

I would like to play Fallout 4 but I'm not going to bother buying it as I won't have the time.

There. Rant over.

• 122 posts
    October 25, 2015 10:47 AM EDT
    I"m fed up with all the strife and conflict and hostility in the world, whether on a global scale or within circles of friends. The naïve me questions. Why can't we all get along? What's so hard about being nice to one another? If that is human nature, I refuse to be a part of it.
    • 95 posts
    October 25, 2015 10:53 AM EDT
    Well, I don't work, but high school is close enough.
    I have to get up early, eat a breakfast that I don't really like, quickly shower and dress, then run out the door.
    When I get there, my backpack is filled with so much useless stuff that my lunch in being crushed.
    The seem to like putting the hardest classss in the first periods, so I have fucking AP BIOLOGY right when I get there.
    I hate most of my teachers. They all just get on my nerves. For instance, my Bio teacher changed the grading scale so that a 70% is a goddamn F.
    I won't bother with the annoying students.
    I learn very little, too. Most of what we do is either review from last year, which was a review of all of elementary school, and even the reviews are just busy work.
    By the end of the day I feel filthy, especially if I had PE that day.
    Don't even get me started on bad substitutes...
    • 50 posts
    October 25, 2015 11:11 AM EDT

Very true - it makes a nice change when you are with people you get on with but as for conflict and hostility in the world there's so much difference in race, religion and traditions sadly its impossible for everyone to get along.

• 50 posts
    October 25, 2015 11:12 AM EDT

I remember primary and secondary school. Didn't get on with many and didn't do particularly well at my GCSE subjects. Different story at college though in fact it was the complete opposite.

• 30 posts
    October 25, 2015 11:34 AM EDT

So several years ago I got this illness where my whole lower body (from back to leg) hurts like crazy when I'm standing or sitting. This illness really took almost everything from me. I remember going to therapy straight from high school everyday which really took a lot of my time. I can't sit for more than 1 hours without painkiller. I spend most of my day laying down on bed. Studying become a hassle which dropped my grade a lot to the point I barely passed 11th grade even though I'm usually on the top of the class (which now I don't give a f*ck anymore). On the 12th grade I barely went to class but thankfully I somehow managed to graduate.

After high school I kind of become a NEET. I blamed everything on the illness even though partially it's also my fault. I spend all day watching anime, etc from my laptop. The only time I go out was for therapy. 3 years later now I finally snapped back to reality and signed up for college which will start next year. I'm a bit scared but hopefully I'll do well.

• 50 posts
    October 25, 2015 3:49 PM EDT

I find getting back into a routine hard for a week or so after a short break. 3 years though it will be different for sure. Good luck with your college courses.

BTW your illness reminds me of a shoulder problem I have which comes and goes. The doctors say there's nothing wrong with it but some days I could not even get dressed due to the pain. It's not so bad now but leaving it in a certain position for a while does not do it any good. I bought myself a good desk chair with arms that is fully adjustable which helps a lot. The chairs at work however are another thing...

• 177 posts
    October 25, 2015 7:28 PM EDT

Okay everypony/one, prepare yourself for one heeeeeeeell of a rant somewhat put into chronological order with random thoughts throughout!

This week has possibly been one of the most super duper ultra annoying week in my entire life! First off, I was playing with the pocket knife my Mom had gotten me while in South Dakota with the first letter of my name "J" inscribed into it. But then, I dropped the damn thing and it sailed through the air, and like the silly filly I am I tried to catch it! I succeeded, with the blade at least. My left pointer finger was sliced open and spilled blood all over my keyboard, which dried under the keys by the way! When my girlfriend got back, and saw my hand all wrapped up in a red bandage and blood all over my nice white shirt (It was one of my favorite Assassin's Creed shirts, to make things even better) and asked what happened, I told her that we didn't have enough for stitches, and I could just tough it out. This, of course, led to a loooooong stupid dupid bitchy witchy argument that got nowhere! That's another thing I am tired of, whenever I get a little scratch she freaks the fuck out. I know that she's concerned about me and I love her for it, but damn! I have been in knife fights before, I am no stranger to wounds! I digress, The next day I decided to calm down from the cut and my over-concerned girlfriend, and decided to sit down and write Chapter 6 of "Fallout Equestria: Starsong". I got quite a bit done, and had a lot of fun! Buuuuuut because the universe is a little meanie, when I got about 8000 words in,it deleted everything! Yet another issue that pisses me off, this computer sucks! I can hardly run my games on it and it crashes all the time, I want to shoot it with a party cannon shot! Anyways, I tried to recover the files a few days later after I got off work, and I managed too! Then the computer promptly deleted it all again. After my computer troubles I was done. I wanted to sit down, relax, and play a game, so that's what I did. Until about 7.a.m. I was feeling sooooo much better, but then my girlfriend told me it was her older sister's anniversary, and we had to go to it in 3 hours! After lots of coffee, we finally got to her family's house. Did I mention they hate my guts for "Turning their daughter gay"? Well, they do. That's another thing that bothers me, something that has bothered me since I met her! Her family is so closed minded to sexuality and such , and even though she has always been interested in women, they insinuate it's "My fault". Anyways, we get there and all goes well, until dinner. Somehow I get in a heated debate about cross dressing, as I was wearing a male T-Shirt that day. Her sister basically go on to say that I act far too "unladylike". I got pissed. After some raised voices and yelling, I eventually just get up, and leave. Later, I get in an argument with my girlfriend about "How I acted.".  So, in summary, this week sucked. I also had to sleep on the couch. Another thing that bothers me is metal art, ugh, looks so ugly to me! I also hate it when you get a splinter right under your nail and can't get it out, that hurts so much! 

Ranty wanty over! 

• 411 posts
    October 25, 2015 7:33 PM EDT

Here is a capslock rant i made just for you

I was eating my Moonsugar Skooma snack and a CLIFFRACER FLEW THREW MY WINDOW AND ATE ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTAUJHWTUWAGOHAEFIHWASGFIWAGHHTFTHSWAHENTAIIJAGFIPEGHJIEHJGIEHGCLIFFRACERSAUSFHOIAGHEOIESGHOISGFLYSOHIGHOAJHEWOAHWOIHOFHAOFOHAFHHWCAPSLOCKRIUSPJGRPSGJPRSJGRBLAHBLAH BLAH BLAH CAPLOCKS BLAH CLIFFRACER. Capslock rank over!

• 411 posts
    October 25, 2015 7:43 PM EDT

I recall you posting a status about how you cut yourself.

• 622 posts
    October 25, 2015 7:43 PM EDT

Totally sucks you had a shitty week, Pinkie, I totally get you with the girlfriend thing! Unfortunatly, it's my sister that hates it 

• 177 posts
    October 25, 2015 7:54 PM EDT

Yeah, I guess everyone deals with it in one way or another. Fortunately, my Mom's entire side of the family is completely okay with it! My father's side was well...less than thrilled. Like semi-disown me level of less than thrilled. Anyways, we'll all get through it, just part of the challenge of being yourself I guess! 

• 622 posts
    October 25, 2015 7:57 PM EDT

Indeed! If you ever need someone to chat to about it, I'm here for ya 

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    October 25, 2015 11:15 PM EDT

I'll get back to this later down the week when I'll have more time... Plus I feel like there is potential during the coming days to further build up my rant.

• 47 posts
    October 26, 2015 6:22 AM EDT

I love my work but i feel kinda like a dinosaur. In my country education and culture are not a priority for the people and for the Man, so I`m waiting for the next big meteor to wipe out ``all  inteligent lifeforms``. Second problem is the public transport, always late no matter the hour. Third ... locks. I hate locks in Skyrim and every other game that use this feature. I can`t leave a chest alone!

• 367 posts
    October 26, 2015 10:59 AM EDT

Unfortunately that's how some people react. Some have a misconception as to how we should act and be. I know a few people in your situation and I'm sorry to say it's not a unique position you are in.

Just say this when the world seems against you.

"To those we love,

and to those who love us"

"And those who don't love us...

F*ck 'em"

PS Pinkie...

Don't have a ruckus with your other half ok.. Life's way too short to spend arguing with those who care. Give her a hug and patch it up. That's an order!!

• 30 posts
    October 26, 2015 11:17 AM EDT

Thank you. It's not that bad nowadays but it always act up when it's cold. I usually also carry on of those donut pillow for sitting which helps a lot. 3-4 hours is my record (without painkillers)

• October 26, 2015 1:42 PM EDT

Wow man you are super pissed off, have you considered its time for a job change?, money is nice. yes I know that but it seems like a real grind for you at work, have you any job satisfaction at all? If your boss has the attitude you don't like it there's the door, I wonder what he would really think if you walked through it, I would look for another job if I were you, I spent 22 years on the end of a chainsaw, I loved my work I could not do what you do mate 

• 50 posts
    October 26, 2015 2:57 PM EDT

Yeah, looking for a new job however I just got tired of the whole work routine. My job does vary a bit - some months are better than others. In fact it seems a coincidence that I was put on a new project today which I think I will find happier doing as its much more interesting and challenging. Not like the boring monotonous stuff I was doing before plus the hassle of doing someone else's job as well.

It would be even nicer if I didn't have to work at all!

• 177 posts
    April 3, 2016 2:20 AM EDT

Hey everypony. First off, I know I have been gone from the site forever, and I feel quite terrible for it! And I know that a rant may seem like a poor re-introduction to the site, but I thought that everyone deserves to know why I was gone for so long. 

In short, I was depressed after some pretty bad things happened to me, but I am feeling a little better now! Now, for the long explanation... 

In February, things between my girlfriend and I were really heated, mainly because of her family. We were getting in arguments quite a bit, often with little to no stimuli, and they got really bad! And to top it off, I was doing terribly at my new job as a waitress. All of the customers were complete assholes, and I got paid hardly anything! Eventually, one day, a day that my girlfriend and I had been at each other's throats mind you, I had had enough. This customer cursed at me after I was late with his food because the chef was swamped, and I stupidly cursed back at him. He obviously did not like this! So after some exchanged words, most starting with "f" or "b", he stormed off towards my boss. As you can guess, I was let go. Surprisingly, my boss was rather nice about, and said he understood. But regardless, my pink flank was kicked to the curb, again, and for a very similar reason as last time. And when I got home to my girlfriend, she was not happy. We got in a big screaming match over how I kept losing jobs, and how I am "lazy". This, obviously pissed my off. I was angry from work, angry at her, and most of all, angry at myself. So, I left my apartment. I have no idea what I was thinking, but I walked out and went to my friends house. After some explaining, he let me stay for a night, but this did not end well. While I was on his floor that night, I started going into crying and laughing fits. You see, when I was a kid I was diagnosed as bipolar and I occasionally had breakdowns, and this continued into my teenage years, made only worse by my drug use. But after I got clean and got involved with my girlfriend, they had largely stopped, but the argument had somehow triggered it. So I swinged in between crying and laughing and woke my (now very creeped out) friend. He asked me what was wrong, and I just gushed out everything, crying through most of it. And apparently, towards the end, I said "I wish I was dead.". My friend you see, is a very squeamish person, especially when it comes to death, and he said I need to go to the E.R., and in my emotional state, I agreed to go. I went there and the doctors and nurses psychologically examined me, finally stating I was not severe enough to go to a mental hospital, but I need medication quickly. In light of this, I scheduled an appointment for two weeks in the future. The next day, I came back to my apartment and told her what had happened. She felt terrible, and blamed herself for it. Eventually after some talking, we came to a rather somber "It's both of our faults" conclusion. And after this, my dear friends, I started to sink into depression. I read too deep into some of the things she said, and I started to see myself, and my life as a failure. I was an unemployed, pony-loving former junkie living in a shitty apartment. I slept and slept, hardly doing anything, not even looking for a job! I would get on my PC sometimes, but it was mainly re-watching old videos or aimlessly wandering around in video games. Eventually, the time for my (unaffordable) appointment came up. I went and I got an analysis I suspected. Bipolar disorder, PTSD and some other stuff. The bottom line is, she was leery about giving me any pills, given my past decisions. But in the end she gave something extremely non-addictive, but there was a catch. $900 a bottle. There is now way I can pay this, but I am still on the pills at the moment. Regardless, the next month or two went by as a blur of sleeping, sitting around and thinking about my life. Fastforwarding to the recent, I still don't have a job, and I'm in the hole so much for my pills and that E.R visit I don't know if I'll ever be able to pay it off. I didn't want to go on the site because, well, I didn't want to show how I was feeling. I thought I was the I "positive one" and no one would want to see me sad or anything like that. But now,I realize that everyone feels down every once in awhile and my stretch will pass just like everyone else's! I doubt I'll be on nearly as much as before, but I will at least try! I want to contribute to this awesome community, and I won't let any sadness stop me! 

• 404 posts
    April 3, 2016 2:28 AM EDT

dang, glad to see you again.

• 1441 posts
    April 3, 2016 2:34 AM EDT

Alright, I´ve been wanting to say this for a long time....

Dear P.F. Changs,

Your food sucks ass balls, and you made me and my grandpa almost late for the internment of my mom´s ashes. I do not hate the workers, but I hate the resteraunt. I also hate Justin Bieber´s music.

Sincerly, me

P.S. Fifty Shades of Grey and the Twilight series can do suck it. And so can Donald Trump. They can all suck it!

Alright, back to Rick and Morty

• 50 posts
    April 3, 2016 7:43 AM EDT

Well further to my earlier update where I was put onto another project - well I find it much less stressful and enjoyable than my previous role. However my boss does not think so. Seemingly I can't even do that right; he's not happy with the amount of work I do per day (or more accurately lack of work) and I lost my temper once with a user which resulted in a complaint. I think I'm doing OK and talking to others they are meeting the same targets as me so I think I'm just being singled out. They want good customer service and a high number of completed jobs per day which is not possible. One or the other has to take priority; they can't have both with the amount they are expecting me to do in the time I have.

I've been told I have to go back to my previous role or be fired / sacked at the end of the month. I was transferred to the role I'm on due to injury (which my boss does not think is true despite giving him receipts for physiotherapy treatments) so I think if I do get fired I'm gonna take them to a tribunal or something.

By my boss adding gross incompetence into the things to put against me I think that is being unfair as I know I'm not incompetent; I've worked in IT for 25 years and know what I'm doing. If anything my boss needs a lesson in how to manage staff properly and not piss off his staff.

• 52 posts
    April 3, 2016 8:37 PM EDT

A very good thread here. There are moments in all our lives in which we need someone to talk to or if not, at least type or write ( like I used to ) our thoughts and feelings. It helps out in the long run on keeping us sane.

• April 5, 2016 1:50 AM EDT
    And here I was about to go on a rant about sore throats.

Keep on carrying on. No matter your mistakes, everyone deserves a life that's fair to them. Never feel bad about airing your grievances here.

"All of us, at some time or other, need help. Whether we’re giving or receiving help, each one of us has something valuable to bring to this world. That’s one of the things that connects us as neighbors—in our own way, each one of us is a giver and a receiver."

I believe you bring a unique insight into the world. I know we can't do much but never be afraid to rant or ask for help because you're giving something to the world in return.