Forums » The Lounge

Questions about your taste in animes and whatnot

• 40 posts
    October 24, 2015 6:32 PM EDT

Yeah, it depends on who you ask. In western countries it wouldn't be considered anime, since we tend to define that word as animated shows originating in Japan, but in Japan anything that is animated, even if it's 3D CGI type stuff, is considered anime. Or at least that what I hear.

• 40 posts
    October 24, 2015 6:33 PM EDT

Well then you'll probably like the .hack series even more, since SAO is really just .hack with lower quality writing.

• 40 posts
    October 24, 2015 6:35 PM EDT

So...I hate to be this guy (just kidding, I love being this guy), but I'm gonna have to play the trump card here with Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade.

• October 24, 2015 6:40 PM EDT

hahahahahhahahahaha god I hope you're joking. .Hack is THE most boring action series of all time, the drama sucks, the action sucks, the animation sucks, the characters are generic beyond belief and the plot stopped making sense 3 episodes in.

• 404 posts
    October 24, 2015 7:26 PM EDT

Sword Art Online is pretty good, so was Blue Exorcist. Dead Man Wonderland was bloody and weird, I did like it though.

• 66 posts
    October 24, 2015 9:27 PM EDT

One Punch Man is a great parody

• 30 posts
    October 24, 2015 9:27 PM EDT

fate/zero, code geass, cowboy bebop

i don't really have genre preference though. I'll take anything from shounen to slice-of-life.

just finished robotic;notes and currently watching shakugan no shana with some acchi kocchi in between

• 66 posts
    October 24, 2015 9:33 PM EDT

Top 3: Deathnote, Mushishi, Berserk (the manga is still going).
    Honorable Mention: Samurai Champloo, Cow Boy B-Bop, Afro-Samurai.
    Genre: Seinen, psychological
    Currently: Not much, following One Punch Man

• 30 posts
    October 24, 2015 9:33 PM EDT

which one you want to watch? The 2003 FMA or brotherhood?

• 30 posts
    October 24, 2015 9:53 PM EDT

I honestly enjoyed the first 2 episode of SAO, but that's it. Everything's pretty much gone downhill after that. I was expecting more action not harem. The other downside of SAO is the sheer number of 12 year olds using Kirito as username. I saw 9 Kirito while playing an MMO once.

• 404 posts
    October 24, 2015 9:56 PM EDT

I know what you mean, on the username thing.

• 30 posts
    October 24, 2015 10:02 PM EDT

Btw the MMO was just 3 hours after the open beta release

• 30 posts
    October 24, 2015 10:06 PM EDT

i changed my mind. fate/zero, code geass, anohana

• 40 posts
    October 24, 2015 10:21 PM EDT

Sign wasn't the strong side of the series, but yes, even Sign was better than SAO. Generic characters beat "characters" who don't even rise to that level.

• 30 posts
    October 24, 2015 10:23 PM EDT

at this point anything is better than SAO

• 40 posts
    October 24, 2015 10:37 PM EDT

Well, I would argue that any of the Dragonball series would still be worse, but that's like saying Twilight is worse than a Michael Bay movie. It's something we can safely take for granted.

• 40 posts
    October 24, 2015 10:37 PM EDT

Why not both? 

• 30 posts
    October 24, 2015 10:50 PM EDT

2003 FMA doesn't follow the manga and the story is more serious. Brotherhood has more humour. It's same yet different.

• 30 posts
    October 24, 2015 10:59 PM EDT

at least in dragon ball the side character actually do something rather than just standing there and looking pretty

• 1217 posts
    October 24, 2015 11:00 PM EDT
    I've barely even *watched* more than 3 anime. The ones that stick out the most have been FMA: Brotherhood, Cowboy Beebop and Escaflowne. I stick to action and avoid pretty much everything else.
    • 72 posts
    October 24, 2015 11:04 PM EDT

All the better if there's no ecchi whatsoever.

That's a lie and you know it.

• October 24, 2015 11:40 PM EDT

I have come to the conclusion that the Tamriel Vault community has shittastes in anime. Seriously the only names mentioned that didn't go uber mainstream were mentioned by Mitch and that's probably because they're recent series. A POX UPON YOU ALL FOR NOT MENTIONING series like: Aldnoah.Zero, Yahari Ore No Seishun, Kokoro Connect, Parasyte, School Days, Corpse Party, Chuunibyou, Valkyria Chronicles, Akagami No Shirayuki-hime, Arslan no Senki, Noragami, Sakurasou, Boku Wa Tomodachi, OVERLORD (ffs can't believe Elder Scrolls people didn't watch this one) and those are just the ones that first pop into my head. All 10s and much better then the mainstream garbage that get's dubbed in Toonami and Funimation  .___.   /endrant

Edit: I forgot to mention GATE (which a friggin fantasy masterpiece) and Shinsekai Yori (which is a modern classic which not watching should be punishable by death)

• 30 posts
    October 24, 2015 11:49 PM EDT

Whoa chill man. I've seen most of the anime you said and I like it (except sakurasou). Chuunibyou was good but season 2 ruined it(a bit). We can't fit that many anime into top 3.

• 622 posts
    October 24, 2015 11:49 PM EDT

Well, aren't you a little hipster... Just becaue you don't like it, doesn't mean it's shit.

Also, best animes are Pokemon, Digimon, Dragon Ball Z, Berserk, Bleach, Attack on Titan and One Piece 

• 627 posts
    October 24, 2015 11:50 PM EDT

Well maybe that's because I was yet to comment 

Of those you listed I've watched Aldnoah.Zero, Oregairu, Parasyte, Valkyria Chronicles (also played that one), Akagami No Shirayuki-hime (can't wait til January for the next season), Noragami (currently waiting for episode 5 of the second season), Sakurasou, Boku Wa Tomodachi and Overlord.

As well as countless others since I have way too much time on my hands.