Forums » Elder Scrolls

Bethesda Gladiator - DRAUGR vs FERAL GHOUL

• 238 posts
    March 23, 2012 1:52 PM EDT

Who would win this battle. 

Ed.jpg VS 

• 133 posts
    March 23, 2012 2:54 PM EDT

I can see the similarities - good insight. But you are putting a plain draugr against a feral ghoul, so the draugr is handicapped. It would be a better match to pick a restless draugr. In that case, I'd place my bets on the restless draugr.

• March 23, 2012 4:08 PM EDT

Is that a Ghoul from FO3?

Cause the textures look really bad...

I'm guessing that Ricardo is right and it should be a Restless Draugr. So I choose the Restless Draugr, he has a sword, armor, and a shield. Kinda wins right there already if you where thinking realistically...

• 708 posts
    March 23, 2012 4:21 PM EDT

The Draugr obviously, it has a friggin axe and shield!

• March 23, 2012 4:23 PM EDT

That's what I said XD

Great minds think alike

• 577 posts
    March 23, 2012 5:42 PM EDT

The only thing Ghouls got going is their speed. They seem alot faster than Draugrs. The Feral Ghoul Reavers are nothing to whistle at either.

And if you get a sworm of them.....they suck ass.

• 577 posts
    March 23, 2012 5:43 PM EDT

But I would put my money on Draugrs...

• March 23, 2012 5:45 PM EDT

I was right, that pic up on the main post seems to be a low quality version of the Ghouls. Look at those textures XD looks like someone was playing on low when they took that

These look alot better.

I remember seeing a vid where a guy was walking through a sewer fighting ghouls. That's really when I got excited about FO3. Then of course I found it was a freaking Bethesda game!

Gah, I'm starting to get slowly hyped more and more for Fallout 3/New Vegas

EDIT: Dangit! I was just examining the interface and I am feeling the hype go up and up. Gah! I want it so bad XD As soon as steam has a good sale I'm pretty much fo sho gonna buy the GOTY version.

• 577 posts
    March 23, 2012 5:54 PM EDT

You got to remember, Skyrim looks awesome and is present. You will be steppin back a little with either Fallouts. There's tons of mods now for the Fallouts, so you shouldn't be that bad. Vanilla actually should be good. I played NV the other night and was a little "ehh" on them. That's only because of Skyrim. They're still great! Just don't think you're going to get Skyrim-type quality.

• March 23, 2012 6:00 PM EDT

Hehe, Don't worry.

I am not like many people I know. Graphics and things are pretty minor to me. I have a good time with many dated games. I could still go back to Oblivion for the nostalgia and it would be very fun. So I can't imagine a newer, completely new to me, and in some peoples opinion better than Skyrim game would be fun wise. (In the good way, like I can't imagine how fun it's going to be).

Fallout 3 GOTY is only 20 bucks, Fallout: New Vegas is 40 bucks for the Ultimate Edition... And I have alot of extra money that I can spend on lesiurely things... God, what do I do?  

• 238 posts
    March 23, 2012 6:00 PM EDT

i got fallout new vegas ultimate edition...includes all dlcs and gun runners equipment and extra bonus....all for 25 quid for the 360. sweet

• 238 posts
    March 23, 2012 6:01 PM EDT

yea but the ghouls arent that weak...or slow

• 238 posts
    March 23, 2012 6:02 PM EDT

the dragur isnt really, from my experiences and opinion anyway...they both seem like the typical similar levelled enemy to me.

• March 23, 2012 6:06 PM EDT

But think, a ghoul ferociously charging at another ghoulish creature who has a shield and an axe can't do too much. The draugr can either sidestep, block, or just plain run through the ghoul with his extended reach and blade compared to just jaws, claws and stuff.

• 238 posts
    March 23, 2012 6:27 PM EDT

someone with the mods should test for us!

• 739 posts
    March 23, 2012 6:28 PM EDT

Draugr get to wear ancient nord armor and badass weaponry....

Ghoul's get to wear underpants.

Draugr are capable of shouts that can knock you on your ass....

Ghouls can croak and snuffle.

Draugr can create razor sharp spikes out of mid air and fire them at you at high velocity. They can also summon a massive block of ice to clobber you.....

Ghouls eyes glow.

Ghouls can unleash bursts of radiation that proves fatal to the living.....

The draugr have been dead for years.

Conclusion:

Yeah i think i know who my moneys on.....

• March 23, 2012 6:29 PM EDT

LOL well, I guess there's no argument there  

• 238 posts
    March 23, 2012 6:31 PM EDT

the post is on a normal dragur, not a restless or overlord one. and its a normal ferral ghoul. not a reaver 

• 577 posts
    March 23, 2012 7:05 PM EDT

Well, we're having fun making a debate. Clearly Draugr are going to kick ass John. Doesn't matter what their rank is. I just wanted to give Ghouls a little lovin'! lol

• 238 posts
    March 23, 2012 8:17 PM EDT

i dunno, alot of people are going for dragur because of the shield and axe, but we have to remember that the ferals dont exactly deal a smaller amount of damage.......

think about it, a sword in real life would matter, but in this gaming term it doesnt because the dragur do not deal much more damage than the ferals do..........if people are going to bring in the whole sheild and axe thing then they shouldnt be one sided as they are ignoring the ferals advantages in there speed and GOD DAMN SKILL AT CREEPING UP ON YOU god i hated it when that happened haha.

neutral view i just feel it would be almost 50 50. if we used reavers or glowing ones....then you could compare them fairly against overlord and restless ones. 

but this is on the general first level ones. i vote for some pc modder to get busy and we can open a whole new system of f3 enemies vs skyrim enemies. could be immense fun 

• March 23, 2012 8:24 PM EDT

Why don't you do it yourself? It seems like it would be an immensely interesting project and would probably get alot more attention than the minecraft world one.

If you get a good mod as your first one people are going to get an interest in what you do in the future and you can get publicity/support. I'm sure alot of people would like the idea of their faveorite FO3 creatures in Skyrim. Some of them could fit in the world too, I don't see a ghoul that wierd in Skyrim. Alot of people like new creatures mods. And having known guys would up your chances. Then maybe your Minecraft one would be more supported. Also, the Minecraft idea is quite complex, I would suggest doing something more simple.

Your choice, it's just my advice.

• 238 posts
    March 23, 2012 8:52 PM EDT

i would if i could. i dont own a pc for gaming and i dont have any modding software nor have i any experience whatso ever and always played the ps2 and 360 through my whole life. 

not a job for me but trust me i wish i could, id already be doing it

• March 23, 2012 8:54 PM EDT

Dang you Ryan names! :P I got you mixed up with Ryan Koort... Sorry

• 22 posts
    March 24, 2012 8:37 AM EDT

It's a good one, there both low level enemies but formidable in their own right... if it was a group of say 10 on 10 I'd have to go for the Ghoul cos they'd gang up on the closest Druger and probably take down two or three before the druger got a kill and then it's just a numbers game and the Druger loose.

However this is a 1 on 1 and in that match I think I'd side with the Druger. their damage would probably be around the same and I know the ghoul is faster but a shield bash changes all that, puts the ghoul off guard and I think that would make the all differance in a 1 on 1.

so to recap:

Group match = Ghouls

1 on 1 = Druger

• March 24, 2012 1:53 PM EDT

The problem is with me getting a FO game is this.

Game Log:

November 11 2011 - Skyrim $60

Either a few weeks after or before Xmas - Team Fortress 2 Free

Few days after Xmas 2012 - Shogun 2 I think I spent around $12 (Xmas Deal)

February - ARMA 2 - Combined Operations - $15 (Deal) Also about a month ago I got a total conversion called I44 or Invasion 1944 that can help keep it fresh.

Couple weeks ago - Minecraft Yogbox Modpack - Free

As you see I have quite alot of new games. I've hardly touched Shogun 2, I've recently been playing ARMA 2/Operation Arrowhead (Expansion) with a guy, I'm thinking of getting back into Skyrim with a fresh Vigilant of Stendarr build if I like Ponty's armored robes mod, and I recently got the Yogbox for Minecraft which I got back into a little.

So I'm in a bit of a (Forgot the word here XD bend?) here. My internet friend always wants to play ARMA 2. A guy I would play Shogun 2 with hasn't been on really at all since christmas, I'm guessing he had break then and that's why he could play. And then I can never find good people to play it with :( and other than that for some reason alot of the games it says I don't have the same version... Singleplayer is only half as fun as multiplayer so... As for Team Fortress 2 I played that alot for about a week but then wanted to play Skyrim again XD Haven't really played it since.

So really, I feel like I kind of have to wait a few months before it kind of makes sense for me to get a game...