Forums » Elder Scrolls

Elder Scrolls VI: Attribute Based Perks

• 490 posts
    October 11, 2015 12:45 PM EDT

Fallout 4 has given us an inside look into how Bethesda is really taking hold of what makes it unique: SPECIAL. These governing attributes in the Fallout universe will determine what perks we can take in conjunction with character level that also have multiple ranks.

1) For ES VI, would you be in favor of attributes coming back?

2) Would you be in favor of having those attributes govern our perk choices?

Of course I would hope for Bethesda somehow tweaking it so it isn't just a clone of FO4's system, but it would be an honest look into what made ES games great and character customization a true essence of the game again. It is also somewhat of a barrier because most of the SPECIAL and Attributes are the same (Strength, Agility, Intelligence, Endurance, Luck) BUT I still think it would be worth it and cool.

Whatcha think?

• 288 posts
    October 11, 2015 12:54 PM EDT

Yes to both points.

• October 11, 2015 3:20 PM EDT

Do you mean having attributes increase base resources - which was increased by using particular skills - and having the ability to choose perks assigned to a skill? 

If so, yes... I suppose, for as long as it would be possible to try another play-style without starting a new character and I would not be penalised with immutable initial attributes and a resource buff determined by race. 

• 1483 posts
    October 11, 2015 3:23 PM EDT

I would prefer an option to pick any perk I want without picking useless perks like Cushioned. If attributes are brought to balance that, I'll be all for it. It seems that FO4 will have that kind of freedom, though I will pass judgement only after playing it.