Forums » General Gaming

Who did it best: Voice Actors

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    October 4, 2015 1:14 PM EDT

Hey all,

It is common knowledge that Bethesda likes to line up a great cast of voice actors for its projects. From Patrick Steward to Christopher Plummer, they have a tendency to grasp media legends and talented people specialized in doing voice work alike.

So what I want to know is something that may prove to be quite hard, given the excellence and care that is put in each of their games, scripts and casting choices:

Which actor delivered it best in a Bethesda project?*

• Who is your personal favourite?
    • Did a character's voice somewhat influenced you into liking or disliking him/her?
    • Who else, besides Ron Perlman, Courtenay Taylor, Brian Delaney and Stephen Russel, do you expect to see back in Fallout 4?
    • Is there anyone you'd like to see in a future Bethesda installment?

*Consider not only games developed by Bethesda, but also those published by them. (New Vegas, Dishonored, etc).

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    October 4, 2015 1:40 PM EDT

Gotta say, Ron Perlman kills it everytime he narrates the Fallout intro. Other than him, I think Christopher Plummer, Sean Bean, Joan Allen and Patrick Steward did it best in TES, while in Fallout, I loved Wayne Newton's Mr. New Vegas, Kris Kristofferson's Hanlon, René Auberjonois's Mr. House, Matthew Perry's Benny, Rose, Raul... Yeah, I loved Vegas' voices.

Now, personally, I must say that Kris Kristofferson gave us the deepest delivery with Chief Hanlon, while René Auberjonois just made me like House even more. Perry's Benny made it really hard for me to kill him, 'cause he was just too damn good. (I can't damn find out who did Cass' voice. But I really liked that one too.)

And really. I'm one of the guys who likes Wayne Newton's Mr. New Vegas more than Three Dog. I'm shocked to see there are so few of us...

In the Elder Scrolls, Christopher Plummer and Max Von Sydow take the cake together with Sean Bean without second thoughts. Sydow and Plummer's performance really made the day for me, especially considering I love Plummer as an actor.

• 1595 posts
    October 4, 2015 7:10 PM EDT

Wes Johnson is possibly my favourite in the TES series, a bit of a no brainer that one.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    October 6, 2015 7:00 PM EDT

Forgot about him. He's got a badass voice, and he also voices one of my favourite Fallout 3 characters: Mr. Burke.

• 641 posts
    October 6, 2015 7:07 PM EDT

Lynda Carter AKA Wonder Woman AKA Azura

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    October 6, 2015 7:11 PM EDT

She's awesome, though I prefer her Gormlaith Something-Something in Skyrim than Azura. Perhaps because, you know, being a killer warrior and all.

• 694 posts
    October 6, 2015 10:22 PM EDT

I'm actually a Ron Perlman fan in general, so he ranks pretty highly for me in that regard. I know that makes me biased in terms of this question, but I don't care. 

• 288 posts
    October 7, 2015 3:28 AM EDT

Does this include ESO? Because the ESO voice cast is problably the best in the ES universe games, unlike the rest of the game