Forums » General Gaming

The Next Thing: what do you have on deck?

• 694 posts
    September 27, 2015 4:30 PM EDT

One of the things I find is both a blessing and a curse, is that regardless of how much fun I'm having playing whatever it is I'm playing, I'm still thinking about the next thing I wanna do. Whether its another playthrough of the same game or a different one entirely, my mind is always amped for what's up next.

There's also about six weeks left until FO4 hits and still plenty of time to log some solid gaming hours in the interim. 

All this leads me to my question: what do you have lined up next? Is it a Skyrim build? Maybe a Fallout playthrough to get ready for the new release? Or is it a different game entirely? And what is it that about The Next Thing that has you psyched?

• 1217 posts
    September 27, 2015 4:46 PM EDT
    A New Vegas playthrough will be keeping me busy, alongside Tomb Raider. I've had this character planned for a while, so I'm excited to take him through the game.
    • 694 posts
    September 27, 2015 4:52 PM EDT

Y'know... I had a feeling you might be working your way through some FNV.   Any plans to share it with us? Tomb Raider is a good look too!

• 700 posts
    September 27, 2015 4:53 PM EDT

As long as Games With Gold keeps giving me free games, I'll always have something lined up.  Right now, it's Dark Souls 2, Metro 2033, Metro Last Light, and Crysis 3.  I'll get there eventually.  Skyrim is just way better.  

I'm not in a hurry to get to the others.  I'll always have them.  

• 694 posts
    September 27, 2015 5:03 PM EDT

That's fair. Mostly I think it's that I just get antsy when I hear or read about other games and it makes me want to (sort of) rush to get to it. I'm too stubborn to straight quit what I'm working on because I'd probably never get back to it.

• 700 posts
    September 27, 2015 5:05 PM EDT

That's why I don't like buying more than one game at once.  I tend to rush through them.  But these were free, so there's less pressure. 

• 1595 posts
    September 27, 2015 5:09 PM EDT

The first piece of paid dlc for The Witcher Wild Hunt is going to land pretty shortly so I'm getting pretty excited for that. Star Wars Battlefront is my next big thing, although I will more than likely play Fallout 4 too.

• 1441 posts
    September 27, 2015 5:14 PM EDT
    A few Skyrim Builds I'm making. Especially the one closest to completion after my next. I shall give you a hint:

"Shall I show you despair?"
    • 1217 posts
    September 27, 2015 5:16 PM EDT
    I plan to post regular videos of it, and hopefully a build at the end! Tomb Raider has been a blast so far. Really different than the type of game I'm used to. I might actually try streaming that...
    • 1217 posts
    September 27, 2015 5:19 PM EDT
    You gonna be playing the Battlefront beta, Phil? We should try to get a game in!
    • 641 posts
    September 27, 2015 5:19 PM EDT

Oh I forgot about the Witcher DLC, I might have to abandon ESO for a while.

• 1441 posts
    September 27, 2015 5:21 PM EDT
    If you guess the character that line is from, yo know who inspired my next build. Here's another hint.

He wields a long ass katana, and is A boss in certain JRPGs
    • 1595 posts
    September 27, 2015 5:26 PM EDT

I will certainly do my best to get the beta, I understand it's unlimited and available to all? It would be awesome to game together!

• 622 posts
    September 27, 2015 5:27 PM EDT

Some Skyrim builds and DESTINYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

• 485 posts
    September 27, 2015 5:32 PM EDT

I have about 4 solid Skyrim character build ideas I'd like to share in time. Once I share those, I'll probably catch up on some art work. I'm planning on taking digital art classes in the future. 

Once I've exhausted my own ideas for Skyrim builds I'll probably throw the door open to collaborations. Simply come to me with an idea and if I think its worthy I'll collaborate with you. 

And I'll probably wait til the dust settles in Fallout land before I delve into a FO4 build. 

• 1217 posts
    September 27, 2015 6:06 PM EDT

Just got the Taken King myself. Paid full price for a digital version, so I should probably play the shiz out of it and get my money's worth, but I'm still not 100% sure it's for me.

• 485 posts
    September 27, 2015 6:22 PM EDT

Please say you have a PS4.

• 1217 posts
    September 27, 2015 6:33 PM EDT

Nope. I'll probably get one eventually, but I don't have one right now. I'm selling my Warhammer collection to help finance it, and I'll probably buy it used. It's also possible that I'll end up with 2 collector's editions for FO4, and if I do, the second should go for enough that I can get the PS4.

'Course then I'll have to deal with the ugly choice of deciding which console to get my games for.

• 1441 posts
    September 27, 2015 6:44 PM EDT
    Dude, why you seeking your 40k swag?
    • 622 posts
    September 27, 2015 6:56 PM EDT

PS4!!!!

• 1217 posts
    September 27, 2015 7:10 PM EDT

I never use it. Heck, I haven't finished painting most of it. It was a really fun hobby, but I can keep up on the lore and the stories without spending the exorbitant amounts GW charges for a handful of models. Better to sell 'em and consolidate my hobbies, then have 'em in a back room gathering dust, y'know?

• 1441 posts
    September 27, 2015 7:15 PM EDT
    You could have sent them to one of us....
    • 1217 posts
    September 27, 2015 7:26 PM EDT

I could have...but then I wouldn't get the money I need for a PS4...

• 40 posts
    September 27, 2015 10:36 PM EDT

Writing! I'd like to have at least two short stories/poems/character profiles posted on here by the time FO4 drops. :) I've never played a Fallout game before, and I'm looking forward to giving FO4 a try.

Other then that, maybe get a Skyrim character to level 50? I can dream, haha.

• 64 posts
    September 28, 2015 4:18 AM EDT
    Getting battlefield 4 for mu pc, played about 200 hours on my PS3, but the computer version should be MUCH better. im hyped!