Forums » Elder Scrolls

One deity only: who would you worship?

• 694 posts
    September 17, 2015 1:42 PM EDT

I agree. It's sorta tough to argue with the whole "knowledge is power" thing. I can definitely see the appeal there. I just question his means!

• 694 posts
    September 17, 2015 1:49 PM EDT

Ha! I like this answer. Personally I feel like there is p-lent-y of insanity that happens in every day life anyway (let alone how chaotic things would be on Nirn) so I would probably try to to stay far, far, farrr away from the dude. 

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    September 17, 2015 3:27 PM EDT

Literally the only god worth worshipping; Lorkhan.

I mean, I don't think I'd pray or perform rituals or any of that religious stuff. But I know what Lorkhan stands for and what was meant to be achieved. I agree with him. Elves want to unmake creation, I want keep it going until the next world comes. Heck, if I'm lucky I could create the next world.

• September 17, 2015 5:39 PM EDT

An artist? Whilst my sarcasm ought to be recorded for museums throughout the world, no. My interests are of an academic nature, and other things, and if I am going to engage in an emotional endeavor (i.e worship), it may as well involve love and warm engagements.    

• September 17, 2015 5:43 PM EDT

Keep those filthy scales off our women, lizard! We don't need eny half a lizards running around and we darn sure ent trying to see et happen! We humans ent having eny of et!

• 490 posts
    September 17, 2015 5:45 PM EDT
    Sanguine.

Party hard.
  • September 17, 2015 5:51 PM EDT
    It's the cliffracer multiplication mod all over again.
    • 295 posts
    September 17, 2015 5:57 PM EDT
    Not all Elves want to unmake the world. There are two distinct philosophies on the matter, though one view is, granted, a lot less popular among the Elves. Something to do with seeing the value of what Lorkhan did as a testing ground for transcendence. While I'm not sure if an Elf holding that view would actively worship Lorkhan, they would understand why what he did was necessary and accept it. Like I said, though, a rather unpopular view.

As for a god to worship? It is a toss up between Lorkhan and Auri-El. Lorkhan for the sacrifice that he did. Auri-El for his flawed nature and his strange drive to protect what he regrets, especially if you equate him with Akatosh in some ways. Y'ffre is also an interesting choice as is Kyne. All of the above have sacrificed considerably and I could see that as a cornerstone of worship. Can't really pick one right now. Need some time to mull it over more.
  • September 17, 2015 6:22 PM EDT

I would pledge my soul to lord Molag Bal, for he is the progenitor of Vampires, my favorite blood to be had. Sure, transforming into a Werewolf and going on a murder spree sounds fun and chaotic, but what could be better than silently killing and manipulating mortals from the shadows, slowly dwindling their numbers as they cower from an enemy they cannot see or comprehend? Having the Vampiric Grip glitch in your left hand is just a nifty bonus. :D

Also the Mace of Molag Bal is the most brutal weapon I can think of. So yea, there's also that.

• 700 posts
    September 17, 2015 6:51 PM EDT

Academics can't love.  

Kidding.

Sort of.   

• 95 posts
    September 17, 2015 6:58 PM EDT
    If I had to choose a Daedra, I guess Molagmer Bal. Domination is pretty fun.
  • September 17, 2015 7:22 PM EDT

*high fives Gloom*

• 95 posts
    September 17, 2015 7:24 PM EDT

Lol, I don't know how Molag became Molagmer. I guess auto-correct since I was on mobile.

• 72 posts
    September 17, 2015 8:45 PM EDT

Haven't done this in a while, but ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• 72 posts
    September 17, 2015 8:47 PM EDT

I think I just found the rarest of pepes.

• September 18, 2015 1:41 AM EDT

I prefer to be an intellectual, or a polymath. Academia - which is not only a pain to get into - is quite cliquey. I'm too rebel for that!

• 641 posts
    September 18, 2015 5:18 AM EDT

There's really no point in worshiping either the aedra or the daedra imo so the only ones worth following would be self made gods like Vivec and the Magna-Ge who are neither.

• September 18, 2015 5:47 AM EDT

For me  as a Christian, it has to be Arkay the god of life and death  and therefore closest to my own personal beliefs 

• 641 posts
    September 18, 2015 5:59 AM EDT

I thought you would be drawn more to Lorkhan 

• 35 posts
    September 18, 2015 6:21 AM EDT

Akatosh and Kynareth just because I've always liked and respected them and their power.

But Talos is definitely up there because hes so badass, and he is a true divine 

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    September 18, 2015 9:42 AM EDT

Not all Elves want to unmake the world. There are two distinct philosophies on the matter, though one view is, granted, a lot less popular among the Elves. Something to do with seeing the value of what Lorkhan did as a testing ground for transcendence. While I'm not sure if an Elf holding that view would actively worship Lorkhan, they would understand why what he did was necessary and accept it. Like I said, though, a rather unpopular view.

The Dunmer, and it's Lorhan's secret that Boethiah told Veloth and the Chimer. You could've tried correcting me too that not all the races of men see Lorkhan in the same way. But I thought it was unnecessary to get into these details in the context of the question posed by Edana. I explain it enough in the Lore Group.

• 295 posts
    September 18, 2015 1:22 PM EDT
    You're absolutely right, it's not the place for that in this thread and you have my sincere apologies. See you at the Temple of Lorkhan. :)
    • 694 posts
    September 18, 2015 2:35 PM EDT

• 641 posts
    September 18, 2015 7:01 PM EDT

Molagmer? Fire Elf!

• 45 posts
    September 18, 2015 7:33 PM EDT
    Hermaeus Mora. Knowledge FTW! Also, since he's one of the most goal-driven deities, he'd keep me pretty busy. Which gives me an idea for a character...