Forums » The Lounge

Movie talk!

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    September 13, 2015 7:23 PM EDT

Hey, all.

The coming months are bound to be wonderful for entertainment. Not only long awaited games are being released, long awaited movies are also coming in our way. So there’s got to be something that has caught your attention amidst the intense traffic of new trailers and information, leaked or not. So tell me…

Which upcoming movie are you looking after?

Nobody beats Samuel L. Jackson, cowboy. You can stop trying.

• Who's your favorite director?
    • Do you keep up with this kind of stuff?
    • Which hyped movie doesn't interest you at all?
    • Is there any movie you want to see as soon as it hits the big screen?

You are of course free to talk of anything movie-related here. And remember to share a trailer!

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    September 13, 2015 7:30 PM EDT

What I'm obviously most hyped about is the Eighth movie by Quentin fcking Tarantino.

Here goes the trailer. Seriously, is it possible to not be hyped about Tarantino's writing, soundtrack, cast choices (with Sam Jackson!)? And it's a western!

• 694 posts
    September 13, 2015 7:43 PM EDT

I'm real pumped for this one. I love Tarantino. I'll probably try to go see this on the day it comes out (Xmas) in an attempt to avoid some quality time.

Normally I don't usually pay too much attention to what's happening in the movie industry (so. much. garbage.) but Tarantino is an exception for me.

• 1217 posts
    September 13, 2015 7:50 PM EDT

Hateful Eight does look pretty cool; it's actually been the only Tarantino movie that's ever really held my attention. If I like it enough, I'll probably check out the others, too.

But nothing can compare to my hype for The Force Awakens. I'm literally going to see it two times consecutively...possibly in IMAX. After that, I'll be getting excited for Batman v Superman. I don't keep super close tabs on what's coming, though.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    September 13, 2015 7:56 PM EDT

He's definitely a rare kind of director, I love his work and style.

If I can, I'll definitely see it the day it comes out, but I'll have to find a "selected cinema" that supports 70mm, and I'm not sure  I'll be able to find it here.

• 1467 posts
    September 13, 2015 8:09 PM EDT
    Huge Marvel/DC fan so I'm really excited for all their movies coming out soon.

Batman V Superman is my number 1 awaited movie at the moment, I might not be a fan of Man of Steel but the modern Justice League is shapin up pretty well and I think that Batmn V Superman will be the real starting point.

Deadpool is one I really want to watch, along with Suicide Squad and X-Men Apocalypse. In the non-superhero world I think Force Awakens is the only real movie I'm excited for.

I don't really keep up with movies, outside of Marvel/DC but if I see a trailer for a good movie I'll get hyped as all hell and follow it pretty carefully.
    • 133 posts
    September 13, 2015 8:58 PM EDT

Thank you so much for this. I had no idea this was a thing until right now, and it looks beautiful. I can't wait for a new Tarantino!

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    September 13, 2015 9:00 PM EDT

Whaat? Have you ever seen a Tarantino movie?

I'm also really excited for The Force Awakens, though I'm doubtful on them changing directors for each movie in the upcoming trilogy.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    September 13, 2015 9:09 PM EDT

Batman V Superman's trailers have definitely changed my opinion about the movie. I was amongst those that were skeptical about Ben Affleck, but after seeing him in the trailers (Especially his Bruce Wayne) I have no more doubts, the dude really has the potential to be the best batman. Plus this movie may change people's opinion on Aquaman.

But I'm actually more excited about Suicide Squad, I can't wait to see Leto's joker and Harley, and a movie centered on villains is more appealing to me.

As for Apocalypse, I'm looking forward to it, but I didn't like... In fact I hated the new Nightcrawler. That's the only problem I'm seeing in it.

• 1217 posts
    September 13, 2015 9:12 PM EDT

Nope, never seen one. Inglorious Basterds and Django Unchained are both on Netflix right now (at least I think they still are), so I'll probably watch them before too long. Hateful Eight really intrigued me, though.

Gotta say, I'm also confused by the way they're doing the trilogy, but I'm willing to keep an open mind about it.

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    September 13, 2015 9:12 PM EDT

Hah, no problem. It's always a big event in our lives when he releases a movie.

• 1217 posts
    September 13, 2015 9:13 PM EDT
  • Mr.
    • 763 posts
    September 13, 2015 9:20 PM EDT

You should see both of them. The order doesn't matter, as long as you watch it. You should also see Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs and Kill Bill. You won't regret it.

I just wanted them to keep Abrams through the whole thing as to avoid problems. But I think he's going to be in the other two movies as consultant or something like that?

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    September 13, 2015 9:22 PM EDT

Aye, not that emo boy they throwed at us.

• 1217 posts
    September 13, 2015 9:39 PM EDT

Oh, actually, I did see Kill Bill in high school. I didn't dislike it, but I didn't understand the fuss, either.

• 1217 posts
    September 13, 2015 9:40 PM EDT

Then again, I was among those seriously skeptical of DoFP Quicksilver, and he turned out fantastic.

• 641 posts
    September 14, 2015 7:20 AM EDT

I am super excited about Hateful 8! Tarantino is one of my all time favourite directors so anything he does is a big event to me. I likely wont be able to see it in cinema though since I dont think any place where I live can show it.