Forums » Fallout

True Neutral

• 700 posts
    September 1, 2015 10:33 PM EDT

Fallout's Karma system is shallow and inconsistent at worse, and a cute trick at best (hyperbole is fun). "Good" and "bad" are often points of contention in these sorts of games, but I've never seen anyone (at least publicly) question the how neutral karma is handled.  Certainly remaining neutral means more than taking one action for +5 karma and immediately afterwards, taking an action for -5 karma.  That'not neutral; it's inconsistent.  

So I ask you all: 

How would you like to see neutral karma handled differently (which honestly depends on a reform of the entire morality system)?  If FO4 has announced a different Karma system, disregard this question. 

Have you played a neutral character?  Did it feel genuine?  How did it limit and/or enhance your gameplay? 

• 10 posts
    September 1, 2015 11:20 PM EDT

I wish that there will be an optional karma mode in which there is a certain karma requirement to join and be a member of a certain faction. Deviate from that karma requirement and you will be expelled and lose all benefits the faction provides. Killing an innocent civilian as a Followers member or helping wasteland citizens as an Enclave soldier will net you expulsion until you make amends.

• 700 posts
    September 1, 2015 11:26 PM EDT

I like that!  Having to maintain a certain karma in order to stay in a faction.  It gives factions more weight and really sells their stance.  Makes it believable.  Good idea.