Forums » Fallout

Location, Location, Location: A Non-American Set Fallout Game?

• 641 posts
    August 31, 2015 6:33 PM EDT

If you could choose any country and any city in the world to set a new Fallout game in where would it be and why?

Personally I would love one set in London. It could be a lot more urban than Fallout games have been so far with the ruins of London taking up most of the map but also have some of the countryside around the city. and imagine the fun Beth could have by playing on Blitz era London!

• 1217 posts
    August 31, 2015 6:46 PM EDT

The hard thing about doing a Fallout game in another country will be establishing the culture. We know how America diverged from our own history, but not the rest of the world. So what's different? And what's familiar to cement it firmly as Fallout? There probably aren't vaults, the music'll be very different, iconic weapons and technology won't be circulating. Factions, too, would need to be built from the ground up. It'd be a tough sell...

...but I would probably buy a Fallout spinoff set in Europe, Canada or even China. I don't know how charitable I'd be with giving it the franchise name, but I'd be very keen to learn about it and play it.

• 411 posts
    August 31, 2015 6:47 PM EDT

Maybe Japan? I like japan.

• 641 posts
    August 31, 2015 6:52 PM EDT

Imagine a UK stuck in the 60's? That's kind of our iconic time period comparable to America's Golden Age 50's. 

• 207 posts
    August 31, 2015 7:09 PM EDT

When i read it, my first thought was U.K. I like to imagine standing on the tower housing the Big Ben and looking down on the ruins of the city.

• August 31, 2015 7:15 PM EDT

The Resource Wars devastated many nations, most likely including Europe. While the Vaults were never designed to save anyone, they did result in tens of thousands of Americans surviving the apocalypse, and thus greatly improving the odds of humanity surviving on the continental U.S. It's entire possible that the rest of the world is a barren radioactive wasteland with a tiny fraction of the survivors the U.S. has, simply because they did not have the Vault infrastructure.

• 641 posts
    August 31, 2015 7:15 PM EDT

That would be pretty cool! 

• 404 posts
    August 31, 2015 7:28 PM EDT

there is the mod called Fallout: Brazil.

besides that I would like to see Ireland, maybe some sort of warring factions like thous from History?

• 622 posts
    August 31, 2015 7:48 PM EDT

Australia cause... Well, everything is already deadly here! 

• 1467 posts
    August 31, 2015 7:49 PM EDT

No. Be quiet. I live there Tae and I don't want to deal with Mutant Emu's...They don't need radiation to be angry birds of doom. I really don't need a four-legged super fast Emu to run at me.

• 622 posts
    August 31, 2015 7:50 PM EDT

Mutant cassowarys! 

• 404 posts
    August 31, 2015 7:51 PM EDT

what about mutant koalas and mutant Kangaroos?

• 95 posts
    August 31, 2015 7:53 PM EDT

Cassowaries terrify me. They look like dinosaurs. I had a nightmare as a small child of one killing me after I saw one at the Zoo.

• 627 posts
    August 31, 2015 7:53 PM EDT

Let me introduce you to this ball of fluff, that sleeps for 20 hours a day, it's called a Koala and is now highly irradiated... 

• 1467 posts
    August 31, 2015 7:57 PM EDT

Mutant Wombat... Now that would make me run, and then die. Or Mutant Kookaburra's, damn that'd freak me the hell out. Just let Australia die out so we don't need to deal with post-apocalyptic mutant animals

• 1217 posts
    August 31, 2015 8:00 PM EDT
    At least one dirty bomb went off in Europe(might have been the Middle East, I'm not sure) before the Great War even started, so yeah, they're gonna be in a pretty ugly place after the war. We might have an idea if Bethesda hadn't just vomited Tenpenny, Moriarty and the other guy onto the page with no context at all.
    • 627 posts
    August 31, 2015 8:01 PM EDT

Funnily enough if Wombats were mutated, noone would be able to outrun them, if I remember correctly those things are fast 

• 622 posts
    August 31, 2015 8:02 PM EDT

Mutant Red-Bellies and mutant brown snakes! 

• 1467 posts
    August 31, 2015 8:05 PM EDT

received a bite 2 cm (0.8 in) deep into the flesh of his leg—through a rubber boot, trousers and thick woolen socks

a 59-year-old man from rural Victoria state was mauled by a wombat causing a number of cuts and bite marks requiring hospital treatment

, they can reach up to 40 km/h (25 mph) and maintain that speed for up to 90 seconds.

This is the thing Tae wants mutated...

• 95 posts
    August 31, 2015 8:05 PM EDT

Paris. Just think of the Eiffel Tower turned Sniper Lookout.

• 627 posts
    August 31, 2015 8:06 PM EDT

Yeah, I think I'd prefer to live through one of Vault tec's experiments than have to deal with those.

What about mutated Sydney funnel webs? 

• 404 posts
    August 31, 2015 8:09 PM EDT

that would be one high spot to fire from.

• 1217 posts
    August 31, 2015 8:10 PM EDT

I'd love sniping from Big Ben or the Eiffel Tower.

• 95 posts
    August 31, 2015 8:11 PM EDT

There are different levels of platforms. Plus you can use it as a framework to build more Sniper Nests around the base.

• August 31, 2015 8:34 PM EDT

Well, I think it's entirely likely that people with european accents in the Wasteland are merely remnants of refugees from before the bombs fell. It would make sense for there to be a massive spike in immigration to the U.S. in the 2060s and onwards, which could have led to things like accents being passed down through the generations.

Personally I think the rest of the world is extraordinarily screwed. Note that the massive oil shortages has already turned the Middle East and much of Europe into a Mad Max style apocalypse. Imagine how much worse off they would be since, on top of that, they got nuked into oblivion.