Forums » Elder Scrolls

Would You Rather... Skyrim Edition

• 694 posts
    August 29, 2015 12:10 AM EDT

Feeling bored? Up for a little game, Vaulters? I don't know how many of you have played "Would You Rather," but it's fun game. The rules are quite simple and it works just like it sounds. Person A poses a question to Person B: would you rather do X or Y? Person B answers, and comes up with another question for someone else (Person A, C, D, E, etc.). I thought it may be fun to get a little game going here. To get us started, I've come up with a list of "Would You Rather" questions. Feel free to drop down your answer, and explain why (if you feel so inclined). You can answer anyone's question, at any time. But if you choose to answer, be sure to leave a question for someone else too. Questions can be serious and related to gameplay, or just funny and silly.

Make sense?

And as always, please keep your "Would You Rathers" within the bounds of site rules. 

Here are a few to get us started. You can answer one or a few. Either way just make sure you leave a question to keep the game going. 

Would you rather....

• Be able to use only one hand throughout an entire playthrough -OR- always use the first piece of weaponry (or spell) you acquire in one hand?
    • Not have any shouts at all -OR- fives times an in-game day you uncontrollably shout a random shout with max cool down possible?
    • Not be able to fast travel -OR- always be able to fast travel, but when you do have to walk, you walk at the over-encumbered pace?
    • Always have a disease affecting your character (rockjoint, brain rot, etc.) -OR- all potions and poisons are reduced in effectiveness by 25%?
    • Marry Elenwen (or Nazeem) -OR- adopt Braith?

Let's play. 

• 700 posts
    August 29, 2015 12:31 AM EDT

I'll take on the third one - I would rather not be able to fast travel.  Walking is certain death for anyone but a stealth archer and I don't play that cowardly nonsense.  Besides, the one time I didn't use fast travel, I saw some beautiful ass things.  I remember walking from Whiterun to Riverwood and as usual, not using the roads.  It was early morning and the air felt crisp.  I remember walking up the hill where a player where usually run into a Legion squad with a Stormcloak prisoner, and running into a giant. I've never seen a giant in those parts!  It affected me deeply and it's something I still vividly remember.  I can't say it wins the argument for slow-travel, but it moves it anyway.  

So my question:

Would you rather use only offensive skills -OR- defensive skills? 

• 411 posts
    August 29, 2015 12:37 AM EDT
    Offensive skills.
    • 411 posts
    August 29, 2015 12:39 AM EDT
    Would you rather kill paarthurnax or take an arrow to the knee!
    • 694 posts
    August 29, 2015 12:44 AM EDT

Offensive! 100 times offensive and in both hands! I like to leave a path of absolute destruction in my wake. 

Next question (open to anyone):

Would you rather:

Have a character be only in their skivvies the entire playthrough -OR- have no powers at all (racial, blessings, etc)?

• 694 posts
    August 29, 2015 12:54 AM EDT

Ugh!!! My heart! I'll take the arrow to the knee.  I cannot kill that damn dragon.

Would you rather...

Spend eternity on Hircine's hunting grounds -OR- wind up in Nocturnal's Evergloam?

• 1467 posts
    August 29, 2015 12:54 AM EDT

1: Only one hand throughout an entire playthrough (I honestly thought you meant play the game using One Hand...Not using one hand to fight in Skyrim...)

2: No Shouts, I rarely use them anyway.

3: No fast travel

4: Disease. As a proud member of the Alchemy No. 1 club the idea of having all my potions being less useful is heart-breaking.

5: I would happily marry Elenwen (gotta look for a mod...), no problem, hot(ish) Elf chick who also has control over the entire Thalmor operation in Skyrim...Think of all the cool roleplay ideas...

As for continuing this little game.

Would you rather... Fight 100 duck sized Imperials or 1 Imperial sized Duck  This is a very serious and important matter to consider. It has been asked on the Vault before but it's always fun.

• 1467 posts
    August 29, 2015 12:59 AM EDT

I'll shake things up and go Defensive Skills. Alchemy, Enchanting, Alteration, Restoration, Heavy Armour, Light Armour, Block, Illusion...LOOK AT THESE SKILLS. 

Oh and I'd much rather play in my skivvies. Reminds me of the old Naked and Afraid Field Test in T&T... Legendary Difficulty + 0AR = Torture 

• 1467 posts
    August 29, 2015 1:00 AM EDT

I'll take 7 arrows to my knee before hurting Paarthy

• 700 posts
    August 29, 2015 1:02 AM EDT

I'll always take guard duty over killing Paarthurnax.  

• 411 posts
    August 29, 2015 1:04 AM EDT
    i always kill paarthurnax
    • 700 posts
    August 29, 2015 1:09 AM EDT

Fight 100 duck sized Imperials.  Fire Storm - done.  

Would you rather use Frostbite or vanilla unarmed for the entire game?

• 694 posts
    August 29, 2015 1:10 AM EDT

lol. This question...  I haven't heard it, but I am highly entertained by it. I'll take the Imperial sized Duck. Bring it onnnnnn.

Next question:

go an entire game without invisibility -OR- waterbreathing? 

• 457 posts
    August 29, 2015 1:14 AM EDT

You take that duck down and you eat like a king... don't think I could get myself to eat the Imperials.

Goodbye invisibility! I always feel like I'm cheating when I use it xD

Would you rather play Skyrim without the DLC, or all of the previous TES games including their DLC's?

• 694 posts
    August 29, 2015 1:18 AM EDT

Hahaha, Vanilla unarmed. Because. Why not. 

You have to sacrifice one lovely lady to the gods...

Serana -OR- Lydia?

dundundunnnnn....

• 411 posts
    August 29, 2015 1:21 AM EDT
    all previous tes games with dlc!
    Would you rather play the entire game nude Or overdose on skooma!
    • 700 posts
    August 29, 2015 1:23 AM EDT

Maaaaaan, fuck Serana!  All about dat Lydia.  

Now, would ya rather Marry Aela or Serana?  

• 694 posts
    August 29, 2015 1:25 AM EDT

ALL THE GAMES. I actually intend to anyway IRL. 

Have to read every single book, journal and scrap of paper you stumble upon (even if you've read it before) -OR- none of them at all?

• August 29, 2015 1:25 AM EDT
    Yes
    • 694 posts
    August 29, 2015 1:26 AM EDT

• 457 posts
    August 29, 2015 1:28 AM EDT

Wait! Where'd the freaking saint run off to!?! xD

• 411 posts
    August 29, 2015 1:36 AM EDT
    Have to read! i do that anyways
    Skyrim but with only solsthiem or skyrim with only markarth?
    • 694 posts
    August 29, 2015 1:46 AM EDT

Aela. On a cosmetic level, Serana's very wide part is troubling to me and I generally like my blood inside my body.

Soul trap 100 black souls or be soul-trapped yourself?

• 700 posts
    August 29, 2015 1:54 AM EDT

Ha!  The part.  It's so big.  

Oh god.  Oh no.  Uuuhhhhmm.  Get soul-trapped myself.  I have reasons.  

Would you rather be a Stage 4 vampire pre-patch (citizens attack you on sight) -OR- have your only offense be the Iron Sword for the entire game? 

• 700 posts
    August 29, 2015 2:11 AM EDT

Ugh.  Read everything.  I'd rather not be illiterate, even in Skyrim.

Would you rather kill Paarthurnax -OR- spare Alduin?