Forums » The Lounge

Fallout 4 Youtube series

• 1217 posts
    August 25, 2015 12:54 PM EDT

Hey folks, I'm somewhat apprehensive but excited to announce that I'm going to launch a Youtube channel in anticipation of Fallout 4. Leading up to the game's release, it'll be a weekly series I'm calling "Get Hype!", just sharing thoughts on what's excited me and other fans about the new game. There may be some other videos sprinkled in separate from that, but when the game hits, I'll be sharing almost exclusively gameplay (probably with commentary). Hopefully it gets off the ground and I have the time after the semester starts to keep it going.

Obviously, the more support, the better, but as a totally new Youtuber, any tips or suggestion you can share are invaluable (particularly if you're a Youtube veteran)! The channel is here and if the intro video isn't up today, I'll have it up on Friday. Either way, I'll post here with another announcement.

Thanks! Hope to see you in the comments 

• 1217 posts
    August 25, 2015 2:19 PM EDT

Also, I'd like to come up with a name for my mascot. Any suggestions?

• 641 posts
    August 25, 2015 3:42 PM EDT

Good luck! 

• 1217 posts
    August 25, 2015 3:44 PM EDT
    Thanks!
    • 694 posts
    August 25, 2015 4:03 PM EDT

This is awesome!! Best of luck! I'm going to think on this mascot-naming business. 

• 1217 posts
    August 25, 2015 4:21 PM EDT

Awesome! Any help is appreciated!

• 133 posts
    August 25, 2015 6:28 PM EDT
    Awesome! I'll be checking that out. Advice? Just have fun with it, let your personality flow through your videos.
    • 1217 posts
    August 26, 2015 11:08 AM EDT

After many learning experiences, the channel intro is up: 

I hope you all enjoy it 

• 694 posts
    August 26, 2015 12:41 PM EDT

Hooray!!! Subscribed. 

• 1217 posts
    August 26, 2015 12:55 PM EDT

Yes! Thanks Edana!

• 189 posts
    August 26, 2015 2:22 PM EDT

"I'll be there ... in the background ... behind the curtain ... doing stuff." 

Liked and subbed, looking forward to more. A couple tips you might consider (if you haven't already):

• I highly recommend scripting your videos. It'll cut down on "uhs" and "ums", enhance pacing/flow, and allow you to be concise, direct, and informative. These are all things people look for, whether they realize it consciously or not.
    • If you can justify spending some money, a desktop/PC mic is a really good investment. Even form around $50, you can get a massive improvement compared to your built-in webcam mic. And if you can squeeze more like $100-125, you can get some truly fantastic stuff. Also look into audio editing software. Doesn't have to be anything fancy; Audacity has some great options that can make a nice difference with minimal time/effort, and it's free too.
    • 1217 posts
    August 26, 2015 2:29 PM EDT

Thanks a lot, Teccam, I'm glad you liked it

I highly recommend scripting your videos. It'll cut down on "uhs" and "ums", enhance pacing/flow, and allow you to be concise, direct, and informative. These are all things people look for, whether they realize it consciously or not.

I'll definitely be scripting in the future. I rerecorded so many segments so many times to try to cut back my pauses and "ums" and definitely want to avoid that in the future.

If you can justify spending some money, a desktop/PC mic is a really good investment. Even form around $50, you can get a massive improvement compared to your built-in webcam mic. And if you can squeeze more like $100-125, you can get some truly fantastic stuff. Also look into audio editing software. Doesn't have to be anything fancy; Audacity has some great options that can make a nice difference with minimal time/effort, and it's free too.

I was actually more concerned about the camera, but I do want better audio as well, and I'll have my ear to the ground for camera/mic deals.

• 743 posts
    August 29, 2015 11:46 AM EDT

Like the intro, really captures your personality and gaming passion. You also speak much more educated than the average youtuber, which leaves a great impression. Subscribed.

• 1217 posts
    August 29, 2015 11:58 AM EDT

Thanks, Rogue, it means a lot!